the Rift

[PRIVATE] at the divide

Kiada Posts: 181
World's Edge Nurse
Filly :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 2 years - Birdsong
Khairi :: Leucistic Lammergeier :: Paralyze Skylark
You think I'll be the dark sky
He seemed to get upset, which caused Kiada’s ears to nearly glue themselves to him as she watched him. She took in each movement he did as he answered her question with a brash “dunno”. This slightly annoyed Kiada as well for a brief second but not enough to distract her from the genuine curiosity of what a whale even was. It could’ve been a whale, she just knew it was a vulture. Maybe it was a whale vulture? Or maybe vultures were subspecies of whales? What if their scientific official name was whales and she was just too young to know any better. She mulled over those thoughts as they danced in her white striped skull.

But it didn’t last long. As she spoke of her brother, he stared blatantly at her and she returned the stare, unsure what he was looking at. But then, a sharp sound escaped his lips. It confused her further, an ear flicking back as her eyes darted to Khairi as if the tiny bird could explain what was going on this time. But then suddenly, he hopped toward her. At first, she began to try and recoil from him as he inspected her. One leg pulled back as her tiny head was pulled into her chest. She looked up at him behind her white lashes, oceanic eyes bright and so very confused. How did I have two? She thought. As he motioned toward her spine, she turned her head frantically to try and find the other creature. A burning sensation in the pit of her stomach that perhaps Kianzo was here and it was his companion that this hybrid colt before her saw.

Her eyes scanned the earth and the dirt, not seeing anything. A frown crossed her lips as he said he didn’t. But as she began to turn her head back to face the ebony child, she noticed the flickering in the corner of her eye. “OH. No, no, no, no.” She began, stuttering over her words trying to figure out how to word them as the deer continued to stand there regal in his flickering faltering form. “That’s not a companion. That’s my magic.” She paused, brows furrowing as she looked at him. “It changes with how I’m feeling. It can be any animal, I think. I don’t really pay attention to it much.” She admitted, turning her head away from him. The only time she really focused on it was when she was with Ru’in and Romina. Romina to practice controlling their emotions as they flared – Ru’in because he made her feel things that other people didn’t.

And suddenly she thought she might offer him the same idea that she had offered to Ru’in. “It’s like fire but it doesn’t hurt. You can touch it if you want, I promise it won’t hurt you!” Her voice held a bit of encouragement in it. She didn’t want to make him feel bad! And as she thought about it further, she remembered his comment about not having a companion. So she let her oceanic gaze seek his out with a small smile. “You’ll get one! Mother didn’t get a companion until she was old. You’ll find one!” She added in.

"Talk."
so you can be the star? —
I'll swallow you whole.
Kiada
image | coding

apparently she thinks every colt should touch her. XD

IT'S SAID SHE'S MADE OF STORM CELLS
AND A WILD WOLF'S HUNGRY HEART,
THAT SHE'S LEARNT THE LIGHTNING'S SECRET
TO RIPPING DARKENED SKIES APART.

Messages In This Thread
at the divide - by Kiada - 07-17-2016, 08:46 PM