the Rift

[PRIVATE] [Unbound Band] Wings a Flappin'

Ashamin the Clovenheart Posts: 426
Outcast atk: 8 | def: 11.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 HH :: 5 [Frostfall] HP: 79 | Buff: NUMB
Lochan :: Plain Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Rakt :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast Jen
Ashamin

Everything happened at once, and everything was falling apart.

The first arrivals were innocent and kind enough, but as soon as Seanan arrived the spark that Ashamin somewhat feared about the stallion lit a flame that threatened the safety of the entire gathering. Given how Ashamin had been raised, alone in the wilds with only his father, it had not occurred to him that others might take issue with children living outside a herd. Nor did he see any logic in the reasoning.

But the Clovenheart was not one to argue when he could possibly debate and settle, even if Seanan seemed deadest on instigating something. Ashamin moved to speak but could not before Rein arrived and made matters worse. Horror struck through the painted buck as his own son shed blood and drew a sword, as if they were among enemies. Chaska spoke up in defense of The Unbound, but even Ashamin cringed at the use of the word herd. Wasn’t that exactly what they were not, at least not for now? There numbers were small, their philosophy was different. Despite what so many seemed to tell him, Ashamin wouldn’t believe that he was simply recreating the environment he had left.

His eyes hovered over the bright chestnut mare who was unfamiliar to him and HÉ. Ashamin could only assume that the former was a newcomer recruited by Seanan, but he did not have a moment to applaud the white stallion for his efforts. He didn’t have a moment for anything, not even to argue for reason, before Phantom did it for him.

And though perhaps her tone was a bit more biting than Ashamin though his own would have, her words held merit. And she seemed to understand his sentiment, which he credited to her ability to understand most things as a result of her age and experience. In many ways Phantom knew more than he ever could, simply for having lived in this forsaken world longer than he had.

Ashamin’s companions moved from the water, Lochan to stand before Gemini and Rakt to brush against Rein’s side. Frantic, the Clovenheart reached out to listen to the heartbeats that would let him, to calm the ones that would accept his aid. Given that none in the crowd had experienced his subtle magic save for Seanan (whose beat Ashamin did not alter specifically on request,) the sensation would not be something they could pin on their leader and might be something they experienced as a natural desire to ease their anger and fear. Ashamin could only hope he could reach them, particularly his son.

"Everyone, please!" he called out at last, finally able to voice his concern without cutting through that of others. "Put down your sword, Rein. Seanan, Chaska, soothe your rage. I understand your concerns, and I thank you for raising them but hope that you should know you all can leave hostility behind when we come together. We are allies, all with different knowledge and opinions. We should hear each other, not fight."

Lochan made the softest of lows, a sort of approving and supporting gesture to his bonded. Rakt once again pressed against the bloody boy, as if pleading he put down his sword. The blood-colored cerndyr knew better than most the desire to fight when peace could be had, but he would follow Ashamin to the end of the world and thus try to settle this.

"Seanan. I was raised in the wilds, outside of a herd, and stand here today better for it. No herd would have me or my family, and a life within one would have done me no good. Rein is my son, and he has chosen to follow me here. Gemini was without her parents in the threshold, and took comfort in Chaska’s embrace. Would you have us turn these children away when they have come to us, and have sought our support?" His gaze was steady, and fixed on the white stallion who had spoken up. "But all told, I understand your concern. For the wilds here can be unpredictable. I agree with Phantom; Gemini has an interest in the healing arts, and after seeing you care for Ryouta I think you have much you could teach her. Perhaps, to ease your fears, you could serve as her guardian and tutor for a time."

Ashamin looked then to Chaska, his eyes tender but concerned. The stallion’s passion for the Unbound was clear, but the Clovenheart feared it was misinformed. "Chaska, you would also be welcome to teach Gemini, for I know you two have formed a bond. But I want you to remember moving forward that the Unbound is untethered. We are not a herd, and should not think of ourselves as such. If the time comes that our numbers grow and we need a land of our own, perhaps we will seek one. But the spirit of independence should always run through our minds and relationships."

The paint turned back to his newest recruit then, and cast a quick glance at both Gemini and the unfamiliar mare. "We are here, together. For better or worse we have chosen this life—all of us. This is something I respect about all of you. So speak your concerns, but do not start a fight among friends, especially ones you might not yet know. I would like to take this time to welcome
Gemini and Hé to the Unbound, and, stranger,"
he said, then smiling softly at the skull-marked mare, ”I would like to welcome you as well. My name is Ashamin the Clovenheart, and we are the Unbound.”

For better or for worse, Ashamin thought with a confident smile to cover a troubled heart, we are the Unbound.

""

""

/ image

Ashamin used his heartbeat magic to listen to heartbeats and alter them to calm people (with the exception of Seanan, who has specifically requested Ashamin not use magic on him.) This doesn't hurt, it will just manifest as your character feeling more relaxed and calm but they won't know why (unless Ashamin has told them of his magic.) I don't know who is ok with me using this on their character so I wrote it vaguely, write it into your post if you want or leave it out.

Sorry for the monster post, Ashamin loves to talk. To everyone who is new, welcome! Hopefully everyone can set aside their differences here. I believe @Gemini is next. But actually maybe @Rhea?

Messages In This Thread
[Unbound Band] Wings a Flappin' - by Gemini - 07-18-2016, 11:43 AM
RE: [Unbound Band] Wings a Flappin' - by Chaska - 07-18-2016, 04:00 PM
RE: [Unbound Band] Wings a Flappin' - by Ashamin - 07-19-2016, 08:20 AM
RE: [Unbound Band] Wings a Flappin' - by Rhea - 07-19-2016, 06:27 PM
RE: [Unbound Band] Wings a Flappin' - by Gemini - 07-21-2016, 10:54 AM
RE: [Unbound Band] Wings a Flappin' - by Seanan - 07-21-2016, 11:25 AM
RE: [Unbound Band] Wings a Flappin' - by Paradox - 07-21-2016, 12:09 PM
RE: [Unbound Band] Wings a Flappin' - by Rein - 07-21-2016, 06:25 PM
RE: [Unbound Band] Wings a Flappin' - by Chaska - 07-21-2016, 08:03 PM
RE: [Unbound Band] Wings a Flappin' - by Phantom - 07-21-2016, 08:37 PM
RE: [Unbound Band] Wings a Flappin' - by Hé - 07-22-2016, 10:52 PM