the Rift

[OPEN] I told you to be patient.

Essetia Posts: 218
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3HH :: 7 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Romul :: Arctic Wolf :: Confusion Linds
Essetia & Romul
And although I wasn't losing my mind, It was a chorus so sublime
For Essetia and Romul it is neither the first nor the last time they will deal with the suspicious glare of a total stranger. It doesn’t always begin so routinely, but both the spy and her companion are well-versed in the momentary lapse of sanity exhibited by those who come into contact with the predator and his prey. Of course, it is not uncommon for flighty animals to withstand that sudden state of paralysis despite their knowledge of Helovia’s traditions—a wolf is a wolf after all.

Essetia stood idly by while the porcelain maiden gathered her wits. She used the moment to snatch a few slender stalks from the dried meadow grasses and she chewed quietly until her guest could calm her nerves enough to speak… or something of that nature. Perhaps it was well enough, considering the bay’s tendency to let her mind wander over the hazy edges of distant memories. They faded in and out around her, creating a vivid pair of bronze-colored eyes that stared at her blankly from afar. It was during moments like these that Essetia wished he would appear instead of wrapping himself around the fluttering strings of her failing heart. Had she done him wrong by taking time away from their family in order to nurture her sense of pride? Essetia hated to imagine him waiting for her as he’d always done, while she— well, the spy was quite good at finding distractions to occupy the mind.

After struggling to return to the present and all its curiosities, Essetia was quite pleased that her new acquaintance was finally able to recover her footing. However, her voice seemed to quake at the sight of Romul waiting beyond Essetia’s shoulder, and so the spy nodded toward him with a knowing stare. The wolf appeared to understand the gesture and slowly removed himself from her side, even if the tension that rode along the soft slopes of his back was palpable. It took him a minute or two to finally put distance between himself and the pair of horses, but a tuft of white still caught Essetia's eye. However, once the tall grasses had finally concealed him from sight, Essetia quickly turned her attentions elsewhere. “He won’t return unless commanded,” she stated evenly.

It was then that the spy was able to fully comprehend the conversation at hand (with her wolf safely stowed away), which made her wonder where the stranger had sheltered during the cold of winter.  Perhaps that would explain why it had taken her so long to return to the Meadow from last spring. “I visit rather frequently when I can,” Essetia responded while fixing her guest with a halfhearted smile. “I’m Essetia by the way and the wolf is Romul. I hail from the Dragon’s Throat in the south,” she informed with more certainty. “It’s nice to escape the heat from time to time.

OOC|| -- 
Image Credit

@Zyanya

◄ Please tag Essetia in all replies!
◄ Force permitted, but no maiming or killing
◄ Pixel @ SongsOfInfinity

Messages In This Thread
I told you to be patient. - by Zyanya - 07-23-2016, 08:58 PM
RE: I told you to be patient. - by Essetia - 07-24-2016, 04:29 PM
RE: I told you to be patient. - by Zyanya - 07-25-2016, 02:58 PM
RE: I told you to be patient. - by Essetia - 07-28-2016, 02:24 PM
RE: I told you to be patient. - by Zyanya - 07-29-2016, 05:45 PM