the Rift

[PRIVATE] Lavender in the Summer

Eahaela Posts: 4
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 3
TierRen

"I am naive to much of the world's workings," Eahaela's dulcet tone announced her presence if her hoof steps did not, "but not so much as to think another species to be unable to speak." The woman ducked her head beneath a low hanging branch. With her head lowered Eahaela's nostrils flared drinking in the soft scent of lavender. So similar our kinds are. Closer she carried her svelte figure; head now carried high and tilted so as to better see the stag of ivory. "So why is it that you are the first I have heard?"

Eahaela had heard the elk speak; a singular word, but a word spoken nonetheless. I do not know if it is hearing speech pass another species' lips, usually so guarded; or the happiness so foreign to my hearing that draws me to him so. To the child of the weeds the sound of such happiness drew her in as if the vitality of the sun itself had been contained in his voice. She yearned to hear him again, almost desperately so, as the word he spoke faded; becoming lost among the lush grasses or carried away by the waters. If he weren't to speak again Eahaela felt as though she would have to chase after the lost word. From him I will learn where to find such happiness.

With her eye, colored by the softest shade of brown, Eahaela considered the elk's cloven hooves. Why do some unicorns share hooves akin to his? Is there a common ancestor? Standing separated by swaying grasses the unicorn mused about what divided her kind; the unicorns, from the 'beasts'. Was it easier for each sort to keep to their own? Were there places where communication was a common occurrence? Awaiting his answer with sweat glimmering on her sides Eahaela wondered if the heat was making her hear things unsaid. A grimace came to her features at such a thought, she needed the happiness she heard in his voice to be true. She needed him to tell her where to find such a feeling.

Image Credit

[Image: eahaelapixel_by_tierren-d9ztant.png]
'Child of the Weeds'

Messages In This Thread
Lavender in the Summer - by Leif - 07-27-2016, 09:55 AM
RE: Lavender in the Summer - by Eahaela - 07-28-2016, 03:32 PM
RE: Lavender in the Summer - by Leif - 08-02-2016, 03:33 PM