the Rift

[PRIVATE] Lavender in the Summer

Leif Posts: 15
Outcast
Stallion :: Other :: 15 Hands :: 4 Years
Sparrow
Leif
As he had learned since his short life in Helovia's borders, abnormal was as standardized as needing to breathe. Would there ever be a beast or creature here who did not take his breath away the second that his gaze landed upon them? That made him question his, by comparison, plain and ordinary looks?

The young doe who found him met every ounce of criteria he had come to expect of the denizens of this land. Slender, sleek, every ounce a fine young woman, with shades of brown and spotted dapples all around her rump. The horns that grew from her brow were recognizable, telling him that she was yet another not-horse, like Rexanna and Elspeth, but was truly peculiar was the fact that one horn was rooted so very firmly within the socket of her left eye. Did that not hurt? Or ache?

Her words are full of velvet, like the touch of silk against skin, and Leif's head lifts, posture straightening, tines pointed towards the sky and the beauty of the sudden, thistle-filled location momentarily forgotten.

Pondering her inquiry, he thought it over for a few good moments before giving his answer. "... I have been told that there are none others like my kind here who can speak within Helovia's borders, so I do not know why it is that I can speak your tongue and others cannot. Forgive me. I am used to Elk who speak, and not so used to not-horses like yourself who do." A small, but genuine smile lit up the ivory stag's lips, a boyish expression of genuine curiosity and gentlemanly eloquence.

Dipping his head in a acknowledging nod, Leif went on. "I am Leif, and am relatively new to Helovia. May I inquire your name, young doe?"

the white stag
Image Credit

@Eahaela
"What if I fall?"
"Oh, but my darling; what if you fly?"

*Please tag Leif in all replies!*

Messages In This Thread
Lavender in the Summer - by Leif - 07-27-2016, 09:55 AM
RE: Lavender in the Summer - by Eahaela - 07-28-2016, 03:32 PM
RE: Lavender in the Summer - by Leif - 08-02-2016, 03:33 PM