Absent Abyss atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 13.1 :: 6 :: Birdsong HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Sorcha :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath Laine
Aisling

O you dreamers proud and pure
you have gleaned the sweet of life
golden truth that shall endure
over pain and doubt and strife

It was done now, and yet so much was just beginning. No more keeping to the safety of the Weaver’s cave with only Johnny and their daughter for company—as tender and precious as that time had been. Aisling was a proper member of the Basin now, declared and even promoted at her very first meeting and he'd been welcomed kindly if not by all than at least by some. She was determined to win them all over eventually, as friends if she could but at the very least she’d have no one saying she was a detriment to the herd. Pushed on by the apparent fact that until very recently her race had not been welcomed into the fold, Aisling would pull her weight and twice that if she needed to. The first step, she knew (and it was no hardship), was to become more acquainted with the denizens of the mountain valley and so for the first time Aisling set out to explore her new home in ernest. “Home, again… isn’t that a lovely thought…” She murmured only to herself and the golden summer air as a contented smile slipped across her face.

The white lass descended from the cave on a stream of good spirits, her light steps more a dance across the sunny mountainside. Her long mane was worn unbound, the tips of it fluttering around her knees; her ribbons since delegated to sling the black flute across her shoulder. More often than not the flute would play as she walked, but now it lay silent, the little mare instead leaving her ears open to the music of the land around her. The whispers of wind that touched the trees, the birds that sang there, the scuttles of the creatures than lived below; all became part of the natural melody that Aisling was trying to learn, and she let the land introduce itself as she explored.

When she caught the sound of two voices, it seemed to Aisling that they were right at home, fitting so naturally in to the setting that they could not be separated from it. As much as the little songstress might have liked to join in, somehow she felt too removed, too new somehow and surely her voice wouldn't fit quite like theirs did. No, she was contend to listen and to follow in the direction they led her. When Aisling spotted the bay mare and the kitsune she positively beamed. The other mare's name was yet unknown, but Aisling well remembered the smile and the kind word  from her at the meeting. The equine, led by her sunny disposition, gave a soft call in her accented lilt and approached the dancing pair. "Hello there! I couldn't help but follow the song. You've got yourself quite a lovely voice." She nodded, a show of deference to the more veteran herd member--the last thing she wanted to do was push her way in where she was unwanted. 

Texture by monxcheri @ DA

Crashing because Aisling said I had too: "I HEAR MUSIC! I MUST GO TO MY PEOPLE!!!"
[now come the days of the dreamer and they are filled with wonder and light ]
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Aisling in all posts ::

Messages In This Thread
this music crept by me upon the waters - by Lena - 07-29-2016, 05:43 PM
RE: this music crept by me upon the waters - by Aisling - 08-01-2016, 10:08 PM