the Rift

[OPEN] this music crept by me upon the waters

Leif Posts: 15
Outcast
Stallion :: Other :: 15 Hands :: 4 Years
Sparrow
Leif
It seemed that he was not the only one drawn by the melodious harps and song-bird tapestries woven within the morning air, for when he arrived beneath the burning light of the dawn, he was not alone. Leif had been drawn by the sound, pulled helplessly, but not unwanted, by the soothing melodies, the pleasant songs and heartfelt emotions sung with the arrival of the morning light from talented and earthly lips. The happy notes and tones reached the Elk's fuzzy oval ears, urging him onward towards the cave of the Time Mender, if his memory of Rexanna's tour served him correctly.

The cream and golden doe had stated that the Time Mender, Lena, was a singer, like himself, but unknowingly had he ventured towards the territory of the Aurora Basin's healer during his morning bout of exploration. The white stag had found himself a cave near the hot springs, somewhat secluded and on his own, and even though he had claimed a cave to himself, it was difficult to think of the large hole within the cliff-face as a 'home'. He was an Elk, meant to roam and wander within forests and within a herd.. But perhaps it was something that would take some getting used to, like greetings and other not-horses.

Soulful blue-green eyes rested upon the two does, one with a sparkling ivory hide and long tresses of alabaster hairs, and the other, Lena, an earthly brown with a womanly frame and a twisted horn upon her brow. Lena was another not-horse, but the ivory woman seemed like a true equine, a normal horse, and Leif was momentarily surprised because she was the first normal horse he had encountered since... Since, well, forever.

Slowing his pace, cloven hooves dug nervously within the ground, the bull Elk's massive bulk shifting and shuffling, wondering if he would be welcome. Everyone had been so surprised of his existence, that he, an Elk, could talk their tongue and share their mannerisms, and he wondered if these two does would be similar in that regard.

The pale lady complimented the dark one, and Leif had to agree, so that is what he did. "I agree," he said politely, always eloquent, always minding his manners, just as his mother had told him, for he was a noble Elk and had to remember to act like it, "It is a lovely melody to be greeted with first thing in the morning." He paused, long enough to let his arrival go noticed by the two females, blue-green eyes dancing between the two ladies and the companion somewhat nervously before going on, letting his gaze linger on Lena... Or who he hoped was Lena. "I apologize for the intrusion and my blatant ignorance, but... Are you Doe-Lena? Doe-Rexanna informed me that the Time Mender Lena was an exquisite vocalist when I inquired as to the Basin's singers."

Somewhat embarrassed, the white stag shook his mighty head and nodded, bowing his eight-tined crown to the two ladies. "Apologies for my rudeness, fair Does. I am Leif."

the white stag
Image Credit

@Lena @Aisling
"What if I fall?"
"Oh, but my darling; what if you fly?"

*Please tag Leif in all replies!*

Messages In This Thread
this music crept by me upon the waters - by Lena - 07-29-2016, 05:43 PM
RE: this music crept by me upon the waters - by Leif - 08-11-2016, 07:28 PM