the Rift

[PRIVATE] An Honest Sky

Zèklè Posts: 166
Outcast atk: 8.0 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 14.1 :: Three HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
charks
Zèklè
You found something.

Which is excellent, because right now you really need a distraction. The world has been one set of catastrophes after another; you're deeply perplexed as to how so much turmoil can exist on such a small planet, and we're at a loss for how so much managed to make it into such a poor, simple boy's life. Over the past few seasons you have endured more than your share of difficulties and stressful situations; now, more than ever, you deserve one day to simply be a child and chill.

Or not, because who are we kidding - you have no chill. You are the least chill of all children, and that's alright, because today your lack of chill has led you to an important discovery. A discovery you are bursting to share with anyone and everyone, even if you don't know them, even if they're a small black colt and a filly who's falling from the sky. Because that's who you discover as you streak down the beach, your dark mane matted and your sunbeam eyes wide, a wild thing on an evening wind - son of lightning, meeting son of night.

The girl hits the water and your hooves hit the sand; you follow her with eager eyes, your breath sucking into your chest as she concludes her dizzying descent. How awesome!, you think, though not without some envy at the thought of your barren side. Once upon a time you dreamed that your wing wasn't missing, it was simply late - when did you abandon that hope, little lightning? Did it die when your mother left, or before that, far earlier, a slow and steady death loss you never noticed until it was complete, the same way you failed to realize you were growing up until Adulthood arrived to stare you in the face? As individuals age, does wonder wane, a negative correlation between youth and belief?

Was your childhood stolen, or did it simply... fade?

Still. Tonight you are a child, despite your age, despite the scars that criss-cross your body and the weariness of experience that bags beneath your eyes. You approach the pair on dancing hooves, wing pulled close and barren side gleaming, a lopsided grin pulled tight across your face. "That was an awesome dive!" you declare as you approach, your praise of the girl heartfelt and earnest.

The small boy is coiled and reverent as a shadow; there is a familiarity to him you cannot place, something not quite obvious enough to light up your mind, only to kick up cobwebs and dust. You do not know that you're looking down on Mesec's child - how could you? You don't even know that Mesec has a child. But the sensation of mild recognition puts you both at ease and on edge- a curious combination to be sure, and one that is easily overwhelmed by your simmering excitement at the thing you found.

The other, the girl, is earth in the sea. You turn your attention to her next, your mouth already open, you body barely still. Her neck is lined with feathers instead of hair, something you've never seen before. How neat! You wonder how it happened, if her parents were the same, if you it would feel like a mane, were you to touch it. You wonder everything. "I was watchin' from over there," you continue, your affect the same one you might use in conversation with a childhood friend, "Where I found something really cool, which I thought maybe- hey, are you okay?" You are suddenly aware of the girl's labored breathing, and the way the water beats at her unsteady legs. The surf licks at you as you step toward her, concern marring the sunlight on your face, ready to reach out and catch her, should she fall. You glance back at the boy, before once more facing the mare. "Maybe you oughta come out of the water, then we can talk."

You're such a grown-up gentleman. Gross.
Stars come back, I'm finally free
It's only the ocean and me

image | coding

@Ru
SUBTLE CHARACTER CHANGE SHH. You guys wanna go find a whale skeleton?
side note, Zero does NOT have his wing, I just love this table too much

Messages In This Thread
An Honest Sky - by Ru - 07-29-2016, 06:09 PM
RE: An Honest Sky - by Virga - 09-19-2016, 12:19 PM
RE: An Honest Sky - by Zèklè - 10-15-2016, 10:22 PM
RE: An Honest Sky - by Ru - 11-07-2016, 03:08 AM