the Rift

[PRIVATE] bad teacher

Evangeline the Pure Posts: 199
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 10
Tallis :: Common Orange Dragon :: Fire Breath & Toxic Breath ali
Evangeline & Tallis
It had been several days since Evangeline had walked away from the herd meeting as it had devolved into one opinion against another, and insults flying in every direction. She had said that she'd take on the disrespectful filly as her apprentice and now she was wondering why she had said she'd take her on. It was probably because the sheer filth that had spewed from the child's mouth had tweaked her nerves. It was probably because she wanted to prove to the know-nothing child that just because someone was well versed in the art of medicine instead of war didn't mean that they were weak. It was probably because she wanted to punish the child, to teach her discipline where she was so sorely lacking.

Evangeline snorted as she thought about it. It wasn't her job to teach Ozzy manners and yet she was taking her on to do exactly that. She wondered if the child was already a lost cause or if there was some sliver of hope for her. She could feel Tallis' doubt about the girl but she did nothing to quell it because she had the same doubts.

But it was time.

"Go find her, Tallis." The mare said to the dragon that had been sitting on her back. "Find her and bring her to me. Its time for her lessons to begin."

'I hope you know what you're doing.' Tallis said as he flew into the forest to search for the child. 

Honestly, Eva didn't know where she was going to begin with Oizys, but she had a feeling she would know exactly what to do when Tallis brought the girl to her.

ooc:// feel free to play Tallis bringing Ozzy to Eva however you want c:

lairelark

@Oizys

Oizys Posts: 134
Aurora Basin Soldier atk: 7.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 17hh :: 2 HP: 73.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Ker :: Philippine Eagle :: Curse Snow

She's dreaming of Father, of harpies and basilisks. In her dream, she is fully grown; she stands queen over her own empire, and Father's serpentine self coils proudly nearby. She's loving it; the attention, the adulation. She is worshipped.

Ker's anguished shrieking wakes Oizys from her slumber, and she jerks into consciousness with an irritable growl. Her dream fades away, until she cannot remember it however hard she tries. "The fuck, Ker?" The eagle shrieks louder and bobs her head towards the orange dragon circling above, and Oizys follows her eyeline. Oh, joy. That orange dragon belongs to her tutor, and that can only mean one thing. Lesson time.

Whoopie fucking do.

The gargoyle yawns languidly and narkily shakes her body until she feels somewhat more alert. The dragon seems intent that they follow, so with a loud and pointed groan she breaks into a trot after the orange lizard. Ker launches into the sky and flies just above Oizys, casting the occasional dark glare up at Tallis.

Eventually, filly and Philippine are brought to Evangeline, and Oizys makes no attempt to hide her evident boredom as she fixes her cold grey gaze upon the mare. God, she's so pretty, so golden. Has that darling, herb-wielding face ever seen hardship like Oizys has? Harpy-talons against newborn flesh, snake-teeth against submissive mind? She half-wishes she had followed her instincts at the meeting and left, but Father would be furious had she abandoned her post. That is why she must endure these lessons to stay in a herd she doesn't even like. For him.

She huffs loudly. "Let's get this over with, I've got important stuff to be doing." She inserts as much drawling insolence into her voice as she possibly can, eager to see how far she can push her teacher before she snaps.

O I Z Y S
I'M NOT A HERO, I'M A LIAR
I'M NOT A SAVIOUR, I'M A VAMPIRE
image credits

@Evangeline

[ the gargoyle queen ]
OIZYS IS ALWAYS RATED M FOR STRONG LANGAUGE IN HER POSTS

Outcast
Evangeline & Tallis
"Lets get this over with, I have important stuff to be doing."

Tallis landed on Evangeline's back and the orange mare took her time looking the girl over before she finally spoke.  "I will decide how long these lessons last." She said calmly. "And I will decide how often you will have them before I tell Tembovu that you've served your time. The more rudeness and insolence you show the longer they will last and the more often you will have them, so I suggest you practice restraint and manners if you don't wish to be here all day." Because I don't want to spend any more time with you than necessary you little brat.

But where to begin? There was a lot to learn in the way of herbal medicine alone. Of course she didn't believe that the girl cared, what with the apprenticeship being a punishment. She didn't even know what kind of learner Oizys was, but she had her suspicions that the girl would learn quickly by getting her hooves dirty and diving right in.

"I doubt you do, but do you have any basic knowledge whatsoever about plants and their properties?" Evangeline asked the filly and, naturally, she prepared herself for a snarky, rude answer. Oizys answer would determine where Evangeline would begin in her lessons. If she had some knowledge and was relatively polite she'd begin with herbs that would benefit warriors. If the girl was as rude and snarky as she anticipated and had no knowledge whatsoever she'd... well, she'd start with the herbs she'd told her about in the herd meeting. The ones that would twist her insides into knots.

Either way, she was going to learn her lesson.

lairelark

@Oizys
[url=http://helovia.net/member.php?action=profile&uid=2879][/url]

In an impressive display of self-control, the palomino doesn't rise to Oizys' blatantly-dropped bait. That's slightly disappointing - she'd been looking forward to goading the healer into a frenzy, as she'd so easily managed to do to Elsa during the meeting. Instead, Evangeline issues a calm warning to the filly, who responds with a pin of her ears and a withering glare from those cold grey eyes of hers. A sharp response bubbles up into her throat - along the lines of who the fuck do you think you are, you can't tell me what to do, go and find another kid to bully because you sure as shit aren't bullying this one - but her father's face slips unbidden into her mind, making the words jam in her throat. He made it clear that he wanted her to stay in the Edge, to ensure she could keep him up to date with a steady flow of information. If she tells this healer to ram her lessons up her ass and walks out of the herd, as she so sorely wants to do, Father will be...displeased.

Father cannot be displeased with her. She needs his approval, not his ire. So with a level of control that even Oizys herself is quite surprised at, she bites back her razor-edged words and instead simply grunts. She's still seething, and her muscles quiver with rage, but she does as Mother taught her - she averts her gaze from Evangeline's own, to show submission and deference. It makes her ache, but she does it.

Father will be pleased.

The palomino asks if she has any knowledge of healing, and the gargoyle gives a contemptous shrug of her shoulders. "Your darling General used something on my scars when they were fresh, to stop them getting infected. No idea what it was, but it stung like a bitch." She refers to Nyx as the General, not as Mother. For one, because that'll keep up their little lie, and for two, she's just as mad at the ironheart as she is at Evangeline. After all, she'd only been trying to defend Nyx, and how had the mare repaid her? By throwing her under the bus and telling Tembovu that she would do her punishment. Fuck that. Only when Oizys has simmered down will she deign to call the grey her mother again. "Aside from that, I haven't got a clue. The General could have taught me about herbs whilst we were travelling, but she was too busy teaching me useful things, like fighting and not getting eaten by predators." She flashes the older mare a snarky simper - she's vowed to be nice (ish) and complete these lessons, but some of her sass simply cannot be contained.

O I Z Y S
image credits

@Evangeline

[ the gargoyle queen ]

Outcast
Evangeline & Tallis
Evangeline waited because she expected the filly to snap some comeback at her and was pleasantly surprised when she kept her trap shut. Good. Maybe she wouldn't be too slow of a learner. With that thought in mind she pressed on, intent on finding out if the child had any knowledge beyond how to be a brat. Eva didn't expect Ozzy to know anything about healing, but she'd held the tiniest bit of hope that she wouldn't have a totally blank slate, but that was precisely what she had.

"Hm." Was all Evangeline said when the girl mentioned an herb that stung like a bitch when Nyx had used it on her scars. There were many things she knew of that could be used on scars, but she would be unable to pinpoint what Nyx had used just by being told that it stung.

A look of mild annoyance settled itself onto Evangeline's face as the filly proceeded to tell her that Nyx had taught her useful things, like fighting and not getting eaten. 'Shouldn't have taught her that.' Tallis said through his bond. 'Let her get eaten. It would be quieter.' Evangeline's ear flicked back and she turned her head to regard her companion. "Go to the garden and pick some aloe vera and bring it to me." She requested and the dragon rook off through the trees.

"Often the easiest way to learn about herbs is to ingest them." The mare said. "You can learn about their properties that way and discover what their uses are." Moments later Tallis was back and he dropped a piece of aloe vera at Ozzy's hooves. "Eat that, take note of its effects, and tell me what you think its uses are for." Of course Evangeline knew that the aloe vera's most important use was for cuts and burns, but she also knew that ingesting it caused cramping and diarrhea.

@Oizys

Often the easiest way to learn about herbs is to ingest them. Despite her promise to herself to be demure and submissive, the filly cannot keep the look of incredulity off her face. "You go around eating random herbs? Shit, no wonder there's so few healers around. You've all snuffed it from your own stupidity." The gargoyle gives a contemptous snort. Just when she was starting to think that healers actually had brains in their heads, this mare goes and proves her wrong! The very first thing her mother taught her was don't eat it unless you know what it is. Evangeline's words go against everything she's ever learned, and she's hardpressed to get her head around such dangerous dumbness.

The mare's dragon arrives back and deposits some herbs at Oizys' feet - Ker gives something that would sound like a warning growl if she didn't have a beak - and the mare herself instructs her to eat it. The filly raises an eyebrow with a suspicious glint in her eye. To accept a random herb off a woman who clearly hates her? Not smart. But, she reasons, Evangeline wouldn't give her something that could kill her, as that wouldn't go down well with the rest of the herd. Oizys might be universally loathed by the Edge populace, but she's still a member of the herd and somehow she doesn't think Tembovu would take too kindly to the murder of one of his members. Nor, Oizys imagines, would Nyx take the news too well - the General has a touch of the Mamma Bear about her, which is the one useful thing about her.

So, with narrowed eyes that quite clearly say poison me at your own peril, Oizys snatches up the herb and swallows it down. She cringes in disgust at the flavour. "Eurgh. Tastes like someone's rancid arsehole." She chews thoughtfully, trying to think of what this herb could possibly do. "An antidote to poison, maybe? Or....a.....hgngngghgh!" Her voice tails off into an unintelligable gargle, because her stomach is suddenly twisting itself into a knot. It's unbearable, it's agony, she's dying, maybe the herb-wielding whore has poisoned her, after all...Ker soars from her back with a shriek of alarm, her mind full of ??????.

With grey eyes wide with horror, the filly flings herself into the nearest clump of bushes. Thorns snag at her flesh and leaves tangle in her mane, but she doesn't care - she just needs to get somewhere private so she can...ahhhh. The contents of her bowels make their bid for freedom in a shameful stream of liquid, and a steady tirade of expletives flies from the girl's mouth even as brown ooze flies from beneath her tail. To a passerby, there would probably appear to be a particularly foul-mouthed bush in the Edge, but the thought gives Oizys no amusement.

She emerges out of the thicket ten minutes later with pinned ears and an expression of disgruntled disgust upon her face, her leonine tail coiled between her legs to hide the unsightly stains down the back of them. "Bitch," she breathes, but there's a grudging hint of respect in her tones. Okay, giving her the shits is one way to make her pay attention - maybe this woman isn't all nicey-nicey after all.

O I Z Y S
image credits

@Evangeline I LAUGHED SO HARD WRITING THIS

[ the gargoyle queen ]

Outcast
Evangeline & Tallis
Evangeline remained silent in regards to the girl's comments about the healers eating random herbs and dying because of it. Of course, the healers didn't go around eating herbs just to see what the effects were, it was stupid. They had knowledge that came from the predecessors that they willingly shared amongst themselves for the good of everyone around them. It was mouthy little children that needed to be taught a lesson in minding their manners that ate random herbs. 

Her expression remained bored while she waited for Ozzy to do as she instructed and eat the herb that Tallis had dropped on the ground at her feet. The dragon perched on his bonded's back, his black eyes locked on the girl as she voiced her disgust when she finally ingested the plant. 'How many assholes has she been tasting?' The dragon asked because even he didn't know what one tasted like. "It's just an expression." Eva informed the dragon, her head tilting as the plant began to take effect.

The girl disappeared rather quickly into the bushes and a moment later she can her the curses falling from Ozzy's lips. Eva couldn't suppress the chuckle that bubbled up and spilled bast her own lips. She hadn't thought it would feel so good to twist her stomach into knots, but it really had. She doubted this was what Tembovu had wanted when he said that Ozzy was to aid the healers, but she really didn't care. The child needed to be taught a lesson in humility. And more importantly, brawn didn't always guarantee a win, especially in a fight against wits.

"Bitch."

"Takes one to know one, doesn't it, child?" Came Eva's rather curt reply. Her tail slapped against her flanks as she regarded Ozzy with a critical eye. "I believe the effects of that plant are now very obvious." She said, getting back to the matter at hand. "You'd do well to remember that for the next time you find yourself full of shit." Tallis snickered quietly as his bonded spoke. "There are many plants that can do the same exact thing, though some of the others the symptoms last far longer and are far worse. Peppermint will soothe your stomach if you're still having cramps. Would you like some or are you going to tough it out?"

ooc:// i'm horrible and this is so late, and i'm so sorry D:
lairelark

@Oizys

Every breath she takes is punctuated by an ominous gargle from her stomach, and she subtly crosses her hindlegs in an attempt to hold back any potential barrages that might eject from her backside. Her ears flop limply to one side and a thin sheen of sweat glimmers on her stone-coloured coat, but her cold grey eyes are afire.

If it wasn't for the lingering thoughts of her father and his disapproval if she was banned from the herd, this herb-wielding bitch-tits would be in for a whole can of whoop-ass.

You'd do well to remember that the next time you find yourself full of shit. "Then you need to feed our former queen a bucketload of those little shit-inducing fuckers, because she was just full of the stuff." Suffice to say Elsa had earned herself a permanent place in Oizys' bad books for her infantile tirade - wicked thoughts begin to enter the gargoyle's mind as she contemplates slipping the ice-bitch some of the Leaves of Evil under the pretence of niceness...

But those quite delightful thoughts are truncated by Evangeline's offer of peppermint. The filly gives a mistrustful snort, batting her ears backwards. "Oh yeah, because I'm really going to eat anything else that you give me, aren't I? What will peppermint do to me if I eat it, turn my eyeballs inside out?" Yeah, no. It is safe to say that Oizys will not be experimenting with any herbs she doesn't know anytime soon, especially if they come from the chestnut smiling assassin that stands before her. "No thanks, I can tough it out. Might go around giving little brown presents to people I don't like." She flashes the mare a toothy, devious grin, all false innocence and would I really do something so disgusting? Yes, yes I would.

Ker gives a small, anguished chirp at her bonded's dark and shit-befuddled thoughts, and fixes Evangeline with one big grey bird-eye whilst Oizys speaks again. "Tell you what, though, herbs sound a damn sight more interesting now I know what evil shit they can do....no pun intended. Is there any kind of plant that could kill someone?" Despite herself, Oizys is interested. Healing wounds is boring as tits, but poison....Now you're talking.

O I Z Y S
image credits

@Evangeline

[ the gargoyle queen ]

Outcast
Evangeline & Tallis

Evangeline honestly had nothing to say to Ozzy's comment about feeding Elsa a bucket of laxatives. She personally thought the former queen was within her right to defend herself, but she also thought that she had gone about it in a manner that brought her down to a foal's level. The whole meeting, for that matter, had been a giant clusterfuck of arguing when they should have been coming together to congratulate a new queen and offer their aid in any way possible. But, of course, not everyone would be happy for someone else. Jealousy and envy was ugly like that and often reared its head at the most inappropriate times.

"Peppermint helps with the stomach cramps." Evangeline reiterated. "And your breath." Her head tilted slightly at that remark, but she pressed on because Ozzy seemed so adamant about not eating the peppermint, claiming that it might turn her eyeballs inside out. "If I had a plant that would do that I would have fed that one to you instead of the laxative." Eva said, her voice flat. "But as it is the only way I can turn your eyeballs inside out is with magic or by physically removing them and doing it myself."

Evangeline rolled her eyes at Ozzy's next statement about giving horses she didn't like little brown presents. "I'll make sure they know who you are so you can suffer further punishment." She warned. Honestly, she didn't know how a child could be so rude and so disgusting. She was already beginning to think that there was no hope for the girl, that whever was wrong with her was down to genetics.

Her sudden interest in herbs had Eva's full attention again, though the question she ended with had the orange mare frowning. Yeah, like she was going to show Oizys what types of herbs could kill. She could already imagine the little bitch going around poisioning the herd members she didn't like, probably starting with Elsa, and then making the rounds to everyone else.

It definitely wasn't going to happen. No way in hell.

"There are many." Eva said slowly. "Would you like to taste those, too?"

lairelark

@Oizys

The mare says that the herbs help with stomach cramps, but Oizys just fixes her with a cold and suspicious gaze. "I'll suffer the cramps, thanks." Her stomach punctuates her point with an ominous gurgle, but the filly refuses to submit to nature's whims or to show Evangeline how much pain she's in. Dammit, she's going to see this lesson through. Then go and shit in someone's bed.

She gives the woman a withering glare as she points out that she'd have fed Oizys the eyeball plant if she knew it existed. "What a lovely threat to make to a child," huffs the filly. Sure, with her mouth and vulgar attitude, she's far from a kid, but that doesn't mean she can't pull out the woe is me, little tiny baby card whenever it suits her. "I can just feel the maternal instincts rolling off you." Her voice is thick with sarcasm.

Evangeline proceeds to piss on the girl's parade by saying she'll tell the herd what she's done if she follows through (no pun intended) with her threat. "Alright, misery guts, it was only a joke. Damn, the stick up your ass must have a stick up its ass." The gargoyle pouts, an ugly gesture that causes her facial scars to twist and ripple.

The one thing that kept these lessons interesting was the possible notion of learning how to kill with foliage, but unfortunately Evangeline isn't particularly eager to show Oizys how to turn herself into a one-filly crime wave. She huffs and deflates, but keeps her cold gaze level on the older woman. The mare offers for her to taste some of the poisonous plants, and the girl gives another obnoxious huff. "Yeah, not so much." Death isn't on the menu today. "What's next?" The sooner this lesson is over, the better.

O I Z Y S
image credits

@Evangeline OMG I DIDN'T SEE YOU'D POSTED TO THIS aahhh it didn't take me nearly 2 months nope

[ the gargoyle queen ]