Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

OPHELIA                

Light lives in the darkness beauty lives in pain
In destruction we may lose ourselves

But still I will remain

An alabaster wraith dipped in blood picked her way delicately through the snow, leaving cloven prints in her tracks. Dual colored eyes took in the scene around her with an apathetic familiarity. Nothing much had changed since she last laid her gaze upon the trees, but her mind would not allow her to ignore the fact that some of the bark was chipped in new places and a few branches were fallen from being heavily leaden with snow.

As she moved west, the landscape of the snowy forest changed in a subtle yet noticeable way. Cloven hoofprints which were larger than her own dotted the snow, and she furrowed her brows curiously. She looked back over her high, sloping shoulders and followed the trail to the eastern horizon. A newcomer, perhaps? Ophelia remembered embarking upon this trail years ago with her sister. They were young then, barely able to sustain themselves. A frown curled her lips. One ear tipped in the direction of the prints, and the sound of birds rustling on the wind was curious. All of the birds had taken their families south, or so she had thought.

Curious and lacking normal instincts, Ophelia followed the trail north near the Foothills where the mountains began to erupt from the still ground. Be it night or day, the mare did not mind. The landscape did not change, and her mind was a flawless map. With a golden gasp, the last ray of sunlight slipped over the edge of the world, and her frost breath was turned to shimmering crystal by the moon's rays. A shadow, darker than the one that followed her intimately, caught her notice, and the prints disappeared into the crevice.

The falling snow caught in her lashes, dotting them with pearls of refracted light, and the flakes obscured both of their tracks moments later. Tinek, a silver shadow in the night, swooped from the sky and landed on his bonded's back, crimson eyes adjusting easily to the darkness of the cave. Ophelia used the bond with his mind as she moved beneath the shadow of the mountain, the pictures in his head guiding her hesitant, slow steps.

She blinked a few times, oculars adjusting to the darkness after a few moments of waiting. A shadowed figure with two, curled horns stood just inside, and she watched him curiously with one bloody red and one crystal blue eye. Tinek, the silver dragon, leapt onto a small ledge of the cave and crawled to the stranger, looking over the stallion with a youthful curiosity. Should she wake him? The mare was tempted to read his mind and assess his dreaming state, but she refrained.

"Good evening..." she trailed, her chime-like voice shattering the silence.

[OOC:

1. The admin team is going to gather and assess if Murder's group of crows is within the terms of the rules or not. Characters cannot join with magic or companions, but considering that this is a block of crows with no mind bond, that makes the situation iffy. We are going to decide on an outcome for the fairness of all the others who have gained companions in a traditional fashion.

2. There are no caves or mountains in the threshold! The closest mountains are to the north where the Foothills are. You can review the map here: http://helovia.net/misc.php?action=help&hid=22 ]

BG | dragon | horse

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
Rancor. {Open} - by Murder - 10-22-2012, 08:37 PM
RE: Rancor. {Open} - by Svetlana - 10-24-2012, 06:16 PM
RE: Rancor. {Open} - by Ophelia - 10-24-2012, 08:43 PM
RE: Rancor. {Open} - by Murder - 10-25-2012, 03:01 PM
RE: Rancor. {Open} - by Svetlana - 10-25-2012, 03:10 PM
RE: Rancor. {Open} - by God of the Spark - 10-25-2012, 04:40 PM
RE: Rancor. {Open} - by Ophelia - 10-25-2012, 05:12 PM
RE: Rancor. {Open} - by Valentine - 10-25-2012, 10:15 PM
RE: Rancor. {Open} - by Murder - 10-26-2012, 04:24 PM
RE: Rancor. {Open} - by Ophelia - 10-27-2012, 12:14 AM