the Rift

[DROP] Southward, to the Sea [EARTH MAGIC DROP]

Johnny Posts: 161
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 13 hh :: 10 years
Jellybean :: Common Griffin :: Molten Dagger Sarah

Alright alright, I know. I’m not supposed to be walking around Helovia during Tallsun. There’s that whole “hey Johnny you might melt and die” thing going on and yeah, that’s kind of a big deal or whatever especially now that I have a family. I GUESS I’m supposed to be responsible now, and not - you know - run off to the south and die. But whatever okay, some of the plants that I’ve been experimenting with for fabric only are good to gather during the warm months and, let’s face it, now that I’ve done the do I’m feeling pretty badass.

So yeah, I’m a rebel now.

Plus I have this handy magic that keeps the air around me cool so that I don’t melt.

Anyway, so I’m travelling south being all daredevil like. But I’m being smart too - because it’s taking an awful lot of energy to chill the air around me when it’s so damn hot - and sticking to forests and shade as much as I can. The cold air has the benefit of keeping some of the bugs away because man am I ever their favourite dish during the summer! My red peppermint tail is non-stop as it flicks across my back to try to get them away but as I do so I keep hitting Jellybean in the butt with it and then she gets upset. Fortunately she has developed something of a taste for flies but… unfortunately she’s not very good at catching them.

We’re milling about in the Thistle Meadow, hiding in the shade of one of the great oak trees that dapple it until the sun goes down and we can emerge safely to gather plants, when some bright flashes of colour catch my attention. Not Jellybean’s, sadly, because she’s trying to catch my tail as it swishes. But I’m paying attention. Some funny little things are dropping dust and sparkles all in the river and let me tell you, that’s pollution my friends. Littering! No matter how pretty it is!

“Well that can’t be good for the fish.” I comment to myself. I abandon the shelter of the tree - quickly calling on my magic to surround me and keep me safe from the heat that threatens to melt me down - and drift towards the now-shimmering river, keeping an eye on the glowing creatures that were darting back and forth. From my experience, it was typically unwise to talk back to such magical looking creatures so I settle for peering curiously into the water, trying to see if any fish bellies were floating in the shallow waters already.

It's the perfect time of day
To throw all your cares away

image credits

seeking:
earth x light: can craft addictive candies from plants

prior refusals: one and two
and I'd like to use 2x extra VOTG rolls from my prize list
[Image: Johnny%20by%20Aud_zpsi3ssx2s1.gif]
magic and physical force permitted at all times
vigorous licking strongly encouraged
please tag in all posts

Messages In This Thread