the Rift

[DROP] Southward, to the Sea [EARTH MAGIC DROP]

Milo Posts: 60
Outcast
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 2 years [Birdsong]
Jen

Time does me no favors. I am older but no wiser, for there is nothing new to learn. Nothing to learn save for the fact that this world is cruel and this life that I have been given was some grave cosmic mistake.

I'll accept that, though. I like to think I've always been good at accepting things, if one defines acceptance as ignoring what hurts until it's very far away--just some spot in the distance, something easy to forget. Seeing the twinkling little lights buzzing over the surface of the river reminds me of those things, those things I act as if I care nothing for.

But those are the things that define me, in the end. So maybe that's why I walk closer to their shine. It's a nice way to think about it, a nice reason to slip into my silent lips. I won't tell anyone else why I approach, for there are no friends to be made here. The only familiar faces are those of other foals that I feel I've already outgrown, but remember vaguely from the casting of bones in the deep woods. They do not concern me.

No, to be honest, the reason I draw closer is to follow the crowd. I blend in well, and I have found that this mimicry allows me to function on a level more understood, even if I will not speak. Besides, gatherings like these tend to yield rewards, and I am no fool. I will not even claim to be unaffected by greed, for though it is a petty thing, it is an animal one too.

Every day, it becomes clearer to me that I am animal. I step closer to hear the noises of the little lights, and tilt my ears towards their shining and away from that of the crowd around me. They are like angry ghosts, shadowing me and cluttering my timeline. I don't need them, but at least they can help me blend in.

""

m i l o

[WaterxDark :: Can use moisture from the surroundings to summon waves]
[Restrictions :: Extends 5m radius from body; can create up to three small or one large wave.]

one prior refusal

Messages In This Thread
RE: Southward, to the Sea [EARTH MAGIC DROP] - by Milo - 08-06-2016, 05:53 PM