the Rift

[DROP] Southward, to the Sea [EARTH MAGIC DROP]

Milo Posts: 60
Outcast
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 2 years [Birdsong]
Jen

I stare into the cold of that water for a long time, and even when I cannot bear to look any longer I do not speak. No matter the uniqueness of the creatures that ask, I will not break my vow. Certainly not for something as trivial as fairyesque children’s pictures.

My ears flatten against my skull as I try to shut out the sounds of the voice all around me. Without realizing, my body curls in on itself and I begin to appear guarded. There are too many here, and I wish to have nothing to do with any of them. I trace the inside of my foreleg with my nose, think about its softness. All the while my eyes are trained on the water, seeking the pictures that the little creatures tell us to search for.

Perhaps I have already lost the imagination, or perhaps the picture shown to me is coincidentally the same as the one I would see any other day, but I can see nothing beyond my reflection. The gold dust shimmers and reveals only my own shape, but as I continue to look I wonder if it is growing smaller, as if I am viewing myself from afar. Regardless, one thing remains constant. The eyes in the gold stare back, and they seem brighter and more filled with hate than my own. On the back of the mirage, in the same place where my spine aches, I see the flickering shadow of protrusions of bones. Later in life, I’ll look back on this moment and consider it prophecy. At the time, I only look away.

The voices of others trickle in against my will, and I snort as others suggest innocent things. Butterflies, families, dragons and crowns. They exist in a world far different than my own.

""

m i l o

[WaterxDark :: Can use moisture from the surroundings to summon waves]
[Restrictions :: Extends 5m radius from body; can create up to three small or one large wave.]

one prior refusal

Milo sees himself, but older and with growths coming from his spine.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Southward, to the Sea [EARTH MAGIC DROP] - by Milo - 08-10-2016, 06:40 PM