the Rift

[DROP] Southward, to the Sea [EARTH MAGIC DROP]

Ahvelyn Posts: 44
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 13 [Orangemoon] HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Jen
Ahvelyn

Johnny spoke to me, but his words were as sweet and innocent as always. They were words I could hear, speak briefly of or to, but would not remember in my heart as something deep. I always appreciated the weaver's kindness, but it had been clear since the moment we met that his life was not touched by sorrow as mine was. Such happy folk I struggled to connect with.

When the miniscule sprites addressed our gathered crowd with chirping voices and overflowing enthusiasm, I once more felt a twinge of that lack of belonging. This day, its beauty, was not what I was used to. Were it not for the skull faced stallion, I may not have chosen to relish it. His choice to withdraw for the sake of his sons (which, despite bearing his unique mark, I had not guessed were his) was... curious. If nothing else, I made a note of it for later. That gesture was enough to remind me that as distant as it may seem, I was in good company more often than not, at least within Helovia's borders.

"Yes, it's nice to see you again too Johnny," I said absentmindedly, my voice sounding tired. I swept my long tail across the earth and closer to my legs, and looked away from the skull-masked stallion to see the pictures that others around me were so quick to note.

I remember I had expected to see you, or at least a ghost of you. The first thing I saw was a dagger, and so it only made sense that your body would form around it as it had in my womb. But I was wrong, and the moment the gold glitter formed to create something else I was so... happy. To have been spared a reminder of the pain of your loss, to avoid that memory and the hurt that came with it, was a brief blessing that I could only thank the pixies for.

Though I did not see anything so ridiculous as Johnny's outfitted and unfamiliar creeature, I was greeted with a lighthearted sight. I was surprised that I did not find myself secretive and unwilling to share. "I see a sloping mountain, covered in gold snow and flowers," I said then to the creatures, before stepping back to let others see. With vague intention I stood myself beside the father who had also withdrawn, though I could not say I had pulled away for the same reason.

"That was good of you," I said to him, refusing to meet his eyes (and perhaps acknowledge that I respected a stallion) and instead staring straight ahead as foals and fellows clamored to see. "It's rare to see a father be so supportive of his children."

""

Quotes and notes
background image credit to Angela Wolf at flickr.com

Seeking:
[EarthxDark:: Can craft steel blades on body from stripes.]
[Restrictions:: Blades can be removed with extreme pain and rust away over site-year. Can craft 3 small, 2 medium, or 1 large blade per season.]

No priors.

Spoke to @Johnny.
Spoke to @Volterra. (Maybe a thread after this?)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Southward, to the Sea [EARTH MAGIC DROP] - by Ahvelyn - 08-11-2016, 07:51 AM