Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

OPHELIA                

Just one beat of your heart, and stranger than fantasy

I knew from the start you had to be the place for me

Is your love strong enough?

The only other beast she had met who loved the snow falling in pure, perfect white was Mauja, but he had removed himself from the world. She understood. Before she was able to reconcile herself with the darkness of her past and the strangeness of her own mind, she had fled to the mountains, living in the solitude of white and rock. That was a dark time. She had fallen into a hole and could take nothing more of this life. The doors were locked around her, and she was trapped with the vivid, brutal collection of memories in her own mind. What lay behind the open doors was brighter than her past. Was it worth the journey? Was it just a foolish task?

Often, she felt sorry for herself when she opened up her eyes, knowing that she would not forget a single breath of the moment she took in. But self-pity was for fools. She was stronger now, and she would take advantage of the memories she had thought were a curse. The mare was a lethal weapon of covert, secret force, but her heart was kind and her soul was honest. She would never exercise these abilities to the detriment of her friends, but everyone had a breaking point. Having her soul torn from her body in an attempted murder was the most extreme violence against her personage that she had experienced, and she was working on forgiving the creature who had tried.

Nyra remained unforgiving. Using a child as leverage to get at her father was wrong, and the fact that her father did not throw the Tides down at her hooves to get her back still stung - though she understood. The mare had always been odd. Quiet. Slow to speak. Observant. Keen. Intelligent. Social norms and cues were a bizarre and pointless game.

Two, odd colored eyes of violence and the ocean stared at the mountains in the distance, mountains she knew only too well. Her cloven hooves sank deep in the snow, and the cold, bitterly sharp flakes melted when they landed in her thick, pristine coat. The sting made her feel alive, and she let out a heavy sigh, a puff of white smoke wafting to the sky from her grey lips. She was not the same creature that she was back then, but as she looked out at the vast expanse of emptiness, she could not help but feel completely alone.

Tinek, a silver banner in the sky, drifted down, his young, spiked face showing concern. The mental bond he shared with the dragon did not fill all the chasms in her soul, but they mended many. He sneezed a breath of wickedly cold frost and then rolled in the snow, loving the cold. She closed her eyes and inhaled deeply, truly experiencing the wind's snowy breath as it danced across her lashes, lifting her mane from her neck.

CREDITS

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Valentine Posts: 203
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: 12
teeroo

Walking up along a steep cliff, the cold resounded around him. He looked through the snow, and saw images. A little him running, playing in the newly fell snow some days after he was born, his mother beneath a tree, watching closely, and his father, tall and strong, playing carefully in the snow with him. He laughed, but it was a cold, bitter one. He missed his parents in the winter, and he would never get rid of that. He remembered the winter after that, in which they celebrated his first coming birthday, and he got to slide down a large cliff and almost broke a leg. He laughed a that too, but that laugh was genuine, and he remembered the scolding he got from his mother, and how she repeated so many times that he could have hurt his leg, or much worse. His mother always worried too much, and she knew it, but she never stopped. Since he was born in the winter, even if it was late, it was still bitter cold. They both knew he didn’t have a high chance of surviving as he did in the other seasons, so they took extra care to make sure he did. He seemed to remember each year with his parents before they died by winter, and the rest was all a blur. In the third winter, his uncle, Raithe, came for a visit, and come to see the young colt from his home, which is North of Helovia. He stayed for several weeks, and he took care of the colt for some of them while his parents went off to find a new place to live with more food and water, and better shelter and than some low hanging trees and scarce bushes. During that time with his uncle, he learned about his race, and he was taught the basics of fighting, and he was beginning to learn some harder things, when his parents came back, and his mother scolded both him and Raithe. The teaching stopped, but he would always tell him useful things with a smile and a wink. One he remembered perfectly.
“Remember who you are, and where you come from. Don’t ever forget, or regret.”
That was the day that his uncle left to go back home. In his forth year, things started to decline. His mother started to develop a cough, and soon she couldn’t walk very well. His father looked after her then, and he was sent to find various foods and water, and some herbs as well. That was until he father fell to the sickness as well. That was in the late fall and early winter of his fifth year. He spend the first weeks running around looking for things he remembered his father telling him, as his father wasn’t much help now. His mother got worse, and started not to eat, or drink anything he brought for her. All he could do was sit there and watch as his mother deteriorated, and slowly died. One time he came back with fresh herbs, and his mother was still. He knew that she died, and his father was quietly sobbing. His father reached that stage shortly after his mother passed. He looked at his son with weak eyes, knowing he couldn’t be saved.
“Run my son. Go to your uncle. You know my fate; so don’t waste your time here. Remember that we always loved you, and continue on without us, but always with us in your heart.”
A tear rolled down his face, remembering that horrid moment. He stood there, sobbing quietly, the aching in his chest almost too much. He felt so alone, and he didn’t know what to do about it. It wished with all his being that his parents were still alive to guide him, and his uncle too. He spent a year with his uncle when his was nine, then his uncle fell to the same disease. He seemed to be immune to it, and it only made it hurt worse. Why was he spared when his loved ones weren’t? Why did he have to survive why they slowly died around him? He almost didn’t notice the mare that stood against the snowy background. The red in her mane stood out from the rest of the white. She almost looked like him, but the mare had no markings. He pulled himself together as best as he could, still feeling the hurt and anger of his past with no way out, and walked closer to the mare. He didn’t know her, but this way a way he could talk to another mare of the herd. He suddenly wondered if she was part of the Edge, because he thought he would have seen her before, but he was so lost in himself that he probably didn’t. The shining light of opportunity was around him, and he somehow knew he would be alright.

Strolling Along
Tying my Tongue
Gears are Shifting

I am no longer going into the cbox due to recent events. You can PM on this (Valentine's) account, go on my skype (teeroo777), or PM me on DA (teeroo). Thank you.

Credits to picture on page, since they won't show up since they are in black: http://twiwolf.deviantart.com/art/Free-Love-362011598

Psyche the DarkEmpress Posts: 380
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 8 (ages in Orangemoon) Buff: ENDURE
RayoDeSoleil

How did she always seem to end up alone?

It was her own fault, she knew that. She had a particularly abrasive personality, and she had deceived many, killed many, all for her own gain and for that of her race. She didn't think of her sins as wrong, but simply necessary actions for the betterment of her kin. She knew that other, weaker, beings were squeamish at the thought of the violence with which she had been raised, but she was better than that. She was of a higher order than they. And she would emerge on top. But they had never, and would never, understand. They would remain blissfully unaware of her upbringing, the stain on her heritage that was her father, so maddened by his hatred of the inferior beings of the world that he blindly murdered the shadow-mare's mother. But even she had deserted the young Psyche, running off in fear. Why she had returned, Psyche had never understood, but that it was to her death seemed unfair.

Not that the jackal knew of fairness. By many standards, it was unfair for her to have seduced the FrostHeart, only to leave him at a gallop when she began to develop feelings for him. It was unfair to steal their daughter away and sentence her to a life without a parent, much like the life she had led. It was unfair for her to return and simply be handed her old life back. Well, not all of it - sure, she had returned to power in the Plague, and she had even gained leadership over the exiled Edge herd. But that was only because Mauja had disappeared, much as she herself had. How ironic for her to return, for her to seek him out and ask forgiveness in the best way she knew how (though she'd never admit to it as such), and then for him to leave her.

That was unfair. But then, it could just be her skewed sense of fairness.

A sigh left her maw, amber orbs scanning the horizon. At first, she thought she was seeing things - a flash of red here, then there. But no, she could see now that what she had assumed were tricks of the light were, in fact, other unicorns. Drawing closer, she made out Valentine's unique markings and a slight smile graced her lips. She had met him only recently, and his effect on her was uncanny. She liked him as much as such a fae could like anyone; she certainly preferred him over the FrostHeart at this moment. The thought soured her smile, and her face returned to neutrality. The fae, also marked in red, though less so, was unknown to the shadow-mare, though something about her was oddly familiar. Unable to place it, Psyche whisked the thought from her mind.

A soft neigh was her way of greeting. She was fairly sure that she had not interrupted anything, as the two did not seem to have been talking. She nodded to Valentine, a more personal form of saying hello, and then spoke, her vocals a jangling set of chords in a sickly sweet tone. "Well, hello, darlings." Her smile was a fake one, though a good one. They would likely never notice the unhappy thoughts dancing behind her eyes. "A lovely day for a stroll, isn't it?"

[W/C | 563]

Walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk."
Think think think.

Ascended Helovian

A pale, tulip shaped ear flickered backward as the steps another made themselves known in a gentle crunch against the falling snow. The wind blew the scent of saline her way, and her nostrils cringed at the emotional tickle of her olfactory sensors, sending the grey, soft tissue twitching curiously, white whiskers standing erect. The winter had a way of turning her delicate features into a more planar vision with the thicker coat and the more distinct beard on her chin, though from her lengthy, fit physique and the clear, femininity of her two colored eyes, she was unmistakably female.

Ophelia turned her head to look back, seeing another who looked remarkably similar to herself save for a crimson marking on his hip and black in his mane and tail. She was curious if he came of her bloodline since her grandfather was a misogynistic bastard, but she doubted that fact. Those who came from her grandfather's blood would not dare shed a tear without threat of violence. She knew from watching her father and his tortured soul. Ophelia saw Paladin's wickedness beneath the surface that he tried so valiantly to stifle down, but a past is not an easy thing to ignore. She knew that fact all too well, and a slight frown curved her grey lips, white brows furrowing in gentle concern.

The pale and crimson mare was not a bleeding heart, but her soul held a depth of compassion that was unmatched by many. Carefully, she turned, cloven hooves carrying her easily to the side of the taller stallion, though her long neck and legs made her appear larger than she truly was. Still, she stood a hair higher at the withers than most of her gender. Though they were both of similar coloring, the differences were visible. He was a light grey, and her coat was pure white, and his body structure was more fit and muscle bound than her thin, lithe, jumper's frame. She watched carefully into his bright, red eyes, her own crimson orb darker and more bloody in color. "Are you all right?" she asked gently.

Her own heart ached with the trauma of her memories and the unknown nature of the future, so she could see in the lines on his face and the trail of salt and water from his eyes, that no, he was not all right. However, he deserved a chance to lie. He deserved his chance to summon his pride and deny ever having displayed the emotion of weakness. Ophelia had never considered emotion to be a weakness, but rather a strength. Her thoughts and heart guided her into many situations and emerged safely; when she ignored them, she wound up in situations where her life was in danger.

Steps and darkness of shadow, a blight upon the purity of the snow, strode forward. And Ophelia's keen gaze carefully moved over her figure. She had seen in Ktulu's mind the same feathers in Giselle's mane, her aunt; with the dark coat and the sickly sweet smile, it was not a stretch to imagine that this femme was one of her father's wicked sisters. The mare urgently sent word for Tinek to stay invisible in the clouds; a dragon bonded to a unicorn would immediately give her away as a hybrid, and if there was one thing her father taught her it was that his family was intolerant of the other species. Tinek responded with angry flashes of color, his mind too young to send coherent thoughts. She tried to soothe his worry, explaining that she knew the north well; Ophelia was confident in her abilities.

Should she need ammunition, all she would have to do was slip inside the black mare's most intimate thoughts, read her memories, and use them to her advantage. Ophelia was more safe than most. Fortunately, her color did not immediately giver her away as one of her father's daughters. Her sister was unmistakably a child of Paladin, but Ophelia's white figure and two colored eyes were more inherent of her mother, and Soleil had mostly kept to herself since her exodus from Isilme. "The winter wind is soothing," she replied to the black mare's words, her two different colored orbs eyeing her with a soft wariness. Her own voice was soft and gentle like chimes. Ophelia's entire demeanor and physique was prey, but her mind was a predator with jaws of steel.

COME TO ME
we run away forever from this misery

tangled-stock | Salsola stock

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.

Hidden Account
teeroo

The strings in his mind pulled as he heard a voice that wasn’t his, or that wasn’t coming from memory. The mare that was in front of him had turned around, and he was close to him. Her voice was quiet, but upon looking at her she was closer to him than he thought she would be, and was surprised to see her so close. Was I that lost in thought? Tsk tsk. He felt like he should back away, but he didn’t want to seem like he was frighten of the mare, or some other emotion. He held his ground, and her gaze. Her eyes were of two different colors, one blue and one red. She looked even more similar to him now that he could see her better, but he knew he had no siblings. Maybe she was his cousin? He would love to find someone else that was related to him, since he had no family left, so it would be a great thing for him to find. He thought about her question for a moment. No, no he wasn’t alright. He there was a knife in his heart, and it seemed to twist itself deeper every winter that came to pass. Just as he was about to reply a familiar voice rang in his eardrum. Psyche. The black mare with the pegasi feather and teeth in her hair looked refreshing against the cold white backdrop. He felt his heart warm, and he felt better by just seeing her in front of her. He looked between the two. They didn’t seem to know each other, but that was fine. Turning to the unknown mare, he spoke.
“No. At that moment in time I was not alright. I was lost in memories of winter’s past, which are not so pleasant.” He looked at Psyche, wondering what she would think of that, if she would pry. “But now that I am in familiar company, I am feeling much better.” He walked toward the lithe black mare, his love. He whispered a small hello and nuzzled her. He wondered if she felt the same about him, and if he was being too bold. But with all the thoughts that were just running through his mind, and now that she was here, everything seemed to become a blur. It’s as if she was a cloud, and she whenever she was around his mind fogged. The voice was blanketed by the sudden weather change, so there was no other thoughts coming in but his own, so he was free to act on his own will. He stepped back and stood in between them, so that he wouldn’t, or try to, offend the other mare. He looked between them again. “So Psyche, how have you been? I haven’t seen you for a while.”

(I'm really sorry for the delay Tamme, I've been really busy, and Ray you I already apologized to you ;) )

Strolling Along
Tying my Tongue
Gears are Shifting

I am no longer going into the cbox due to recent events. You can PM on this (Valentine's) account, go on my skype (teeroo777), or PM me on DA (teeroo). Thank you.

Credits to picture on page, since they won't show up since they are in black: http://twiwolf.deviantart.com/art/Free-Love-362011598

Deceased
RayoDeSoleil

"No. At that moment in time I was not alright. I was lost in memories of winter's past, which are not so pleasant."

It was weakness, plain and simple. It was also hypocrisy for her to think so, as she had found herself immersed in such thoughts herself. But to distinguish between the two: she kept her thoughts to herself, holding them to her mind, under lock and key, while he simply allowed them to come to light. No, he did not provide details - not that she needed them, having heard his tale previously - but it was an admission just the same. In any other, perhaps she would have regarded it with a cold stare, an aloof nature, for she was intolerant of such behavior in herself. But she liked Valentine, and trusted him to stay rooted firmly on her side, regardless of her level of agreement with her personality.

Still, he was oddly soothing to her, as though his persona and hers offset each other in such a way that tipped the scale into a balance. Therefore, she accepted not only his vulnerability, but also his rather over-the-top greeting, complete with an affectionate nudge. His muzzle was soft and glided smoothly over her dark pelt, and she felt some of her worries slip away. She murmured her own greeting. Still, she found herself distracted by the fae before her: she was familiar, eerily familiar, and the shadow-mare felt that she should know where the snowflake had come from. "The winter wind is soothing," the fae told her, neither friendly nor with enmity.

"Perhaps to some," she conceded. "But not for those of us who have been here a tad too long for comfort." Amber orbs glanced over the femme's body again. What was it that was so familiar? Her physique alone was indistinguishable; her coloring was not even that remarkable. What held the jackal's attention was the bloody tips of the flicka's banner, waving gently in the wind that they so innocently discussed. A flash of a memory: red tips disappearing in thick foliage, and she was chasing them, chasing him, chasing -

Paladin. Immediate recognition flared in her mind, and for a moment, she had to resist the urge to catch and hold her young niece in revenge for her father's role in the invasion. But she reigned it in, quickly, turning to Valentine to hide the sudden intrigue in her eyes. He was speaking to her anyway, so it was all the more believable. "So, Psyche, how have you been? I haven't seen you for a while." She smiled at him, a poisonously sweet smile, though a bit more real, a smile reserved solely for him. Her emotions were strictly under control once more. "Darling, it's only been a few days," she laughed, but it was a kind laugh (for her). "I have been quite well, though, thank you. So," she continued, turning to the snowy mare, "I'm afraid we haven't met, dear. My name is Psyche." Better to play dumb. Don't want to scare her off, now, do we?

[W/C | 515]

Walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk."
Think think think.

Ascended Helovian

She recalled Giselle clearly, though Ophelia had not laid eyes on the mare but once. The grulla with the crimson mane and tail had tried to kidnap her sister in the Woodlands so long ago, and she had learned more about his father's sister through Ktulu's mind. Psyche was not a stretch to imagine for her family line in the least, especially not when she opened her sickly sweet maw to spill words of poisoned honey. Ophelia, Ktulu, Paladin and Donovan were the only beacons of light that shone from their murderous bloodline, and even then her father was a brutal warrior, she was a spy, Ktulu was a mercenary and Donovan had yet to appear from the depths of Isilme. Such a darkness, a taint seemed to live in their blood, flow through their veins and replicate like a virus, passing on the filth to the next generation, no matter the other parent. Each one of them was doomed.

The stallion was surprisingly honest in his response, and she nodded softly, thinking over his words. She knew better than most what it felt like to be lost in one's thoughts. Her mind made living in the past a tantalizing reality with its vividness. His lips touched the mare with affection, and she was familiar with the gestures of love by watching. The only affectionate touch of love ever expressed upon her was by her own sister, and her heart warmed at the thought of Ktulu. The dark sister would not hesitate to choke this stranger at a moment's threat, but would Ophelia pluck a memory from the half-sister's mind? Oh, it was tempting, so very tempting. Knowledge was power and she had the perfect means to attain it all.

Psyche was the name she was given, and Ophelia would remember that until the final breath of her life passed out of her lips. She would never forget the four white socks, the amber eyes, or the familiar pegasus feathers attacked to her mane. After what seemed like hours of studying the mare passed by in seconds, and she turned her attention back to her twin of appearance. "I understand being lost in your thoughts; tragedy seems to be easy to remember and easy to recall," she sympathized with an appropriate kindness. The tones of her voice were soft like chimes and delicate in their honesty.

Something akin to violence flashed in the black mare's eyes after her words, and she knew then that the mare was indeed a part of the former Edge. Ophelia stiffened for a moment, remembering the crawling apathy of death as it curled around her from Deimos' wicked magic. At least Tinek was hiding and her hybrid blood had gone unnoticed. With her cloven hooves and twisted horn, she was distinctly unicorn; without Tinek, who would know? "I do not envy your current predicament, especially not with King Mauja's injuries," she replied confidently. Ophelia had been in the cave that the ice stallion had retreated to upon defeat, and she had tried to comfort the injured stallion as he lamented the failure of his efforts. The dual eyed fae's expression shifted to a curious concern. "Have you seen him? He was recovering when I had to leave..." she trailed, remembering the beautiful kiss of frost as she stepped from the sheltered ice cave into the force of winter.

The mare introduced herself as Psyche, and Ophelia nodded her head politely. "Ophelia," she replied, wondering if she should call Psyche's bluff. With those keen, amber eyes, the white wraith knew that she had to be intelligent enough to realize her heritage. Not many carried the same, bloody red as her father, aunt, and ultimately, the cruel creator of their bloodline: Riekahn, the Crimson King of Dorngarrow. In a game of knowledge, Ophelia had to hold the upper hand, so she let a gentle smile cross her lips that, for once, did not reach her strange eyes. "My father fought against you in the war, I believe," she said, stating openly that they were of the same lineage and that she was indeed her father's daughter. "You and Giselle."

Dual crimson and blue never wavered from the piercing amber across from her.

COME TO ME

Hidden Account
teeroo

Valentine looked in between the two mares. He looked not once, but twice. They’re related?! He wouldn’t have guessed, ever. There was apparently tension between the two, and he didn’t really want to be apart of it. Yet he did. Maybe this Ophelia knew who the father of Psyche’s child was? The first thought of his mind came back to this. He wanted to know yes, but not because he was jealous. This time it wasn’t out of pure curiosity, it was because he wanted to know if she was still connected to the father. The Mauja, the FrostHeart, the Great Ex-King of the World’s Edge appeared in his mind. He hadn’t thought it till now, but where did he go? He hadn’t seen him since after his speech that fateful day they had gotten thrown out of their home. He guessed he had been too busy, much too busy with the black mare standing on his right to think of such things. Then a final thought hit him. Did Ophelia fight alongside her father in the war? Was she a blood traitor? He pondered this, and decided to answer this along with the first question.
“I’m afraid I haven’t seen the Ice King. I haven’t seen him in the Steppe or the Frozen Arch, so his whereabouts are unknown to me.” He glanced at Psyche for a moment, and had no doubts she would say the same. “However, I do have a question for you. Did you fight alongside your father, Paladin, in the war against the Qian and Edge?”

Strolling Along
Tying my Tongue
Gears are Shifting

Deceased
RayoDeSoleil

So many family ties. She had hoped that by coming to Helovia, she would escape the poison of her father's blood, but it seemed that it had followed her here. Would Paladin's daughter also be a blood-traitor? Probably. It would follow that being raised by liars would make one believe their lies to be truth. It disgusted her, that this pretty little femme would be so blinded by what she had been raised to that she would never be recruited to their side; her eyes spoke of intelligence, and she would surely have been an asset. And what wonderful revenge it would make, to 'corrupt' her dear brother's daughter! But alas, some things were not meant to be.

Still, she had no desire to harm the pretty vixen, or at least not yet. Perhaps she could glean some information from her before sending her on her way. But her niece's questioning caught her somewhat off guard; of course she would have known of Mauja's injuries - who hadn't? "The FrostHeart has been indisposed for quite some time now," she answered smoothly, unwilling to give up the secret of Mauja's disappearance. "But we are faring quite well despite his absence." Sure, she herself was not necessarily well, but she wouldn't tell that to Ophelia. Especially without knowing where her loyalties lay.

And then another question that surprised the shadow-mare. The blood-maned femme referenced her father. What was she doing, testing the waters? Did she want the jackal to admit her heritage, to show her distaste for everything that Ophelia had been made of and from? Well, two could play that game. "So he did, my dear," she admitted, adding, "I'm afraid it was not a decision that was in his best interest." Her words were sure, but held an uncaring tone. It was a threat, though a subtle one. And then Valentine asked her next question for her.

[W/C | 317]

Walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk."
Think think think.

Ascended Helovian

One had tried to take her as an impressionable child and turn her into a racist, but that did not work. Instead, as a child, she had threatened to murder Nyra; her childhood had not been peaceful. When she listened to the mare's words, Ophelia narrowed her gaze at the ebony mare, knowing that something else hit behind her words. What did she know? The temptation to peek into her head was growing strong yet, and her morals were slipping in the face of one of her father's wicked sisters. Still... she could wait a few more exchanges... "I have no doubt that you are faring at least decently. Your herd was powerful. My memories of Deimos are not easily forgotten."

Nothing was easily forgotten in her perfect mind, but she would refrain from mentioning that secret. When she mentioned her father and the mare replied, dual colored crimson and blue watched the amber before her unwaveringly. "My father has a history of fighting against inequality, though I cannot blame him, considering his past." Ophelia had gleaned a little from his mind about the horrors and bloodshed of Dorngarrow. The thread that lay in her words was not lost on Phi, and she smiled softly in return. "However, he is on the winning side in that argument, so I am unsure of why his decision was so ill."

When Valentine asked her about fighting the Edge, she shook her head in a no. "Regardless of my respect for my father, I do not fight for the same reasons, and I will not fight against those I consider to be my friends." She softened her voice ever so slightly. The mare was referring to Mauja; during Psyche's absence, she had gotten to know the frosty lord. In fact, you may find my skills useful in the future." A mysterious smile crossed her lips. "I and my sister have gathered together a group of mercenaries and spies. For a small price, we are willing to eliminate grievances and gather information."

[OOC: Can I use Phi's magic to see what happened to Mauja? :O It would just be for her to know. I have no plot based off of it.

COME TO ME

Hidden Account
teeroo

The Stag was quite intrigued now. The tension became ever more clear between the two. If he hadn’t know Psyche he would have simply stepped out, but the fact that he did know her and so had his own feelings for her kept him rooted in his place. This conversation had taken many turned that the light grey stallion had not foreseen, and he pondered to himself about everything. Almost going back in time, he thought about the first points. Psyche, talking about Mauja. There was something in the way she spoke about him, something he didn’t much care for. Why? Had she seen him again, was he lurking somewhere in the Edge, hidden way? Who knew the answer to that one. It wasn’t like he didn’t much care for it, because he did. Mauja was their old leader, and he had respect for him. He was raised to be respectful to him, and he’d carried that with him after he was alone. The back to their family ties. He wasn’t interested in that, but the words that she did not partake in the battle against them soothed him, and his stance softened. He had prepared himself for a battle, because there was no way in any type of hell that he would let her go if she had. He wouldn’t let a trade simply pass by, not while he was there. His flames had started, and they died quickly, seeing no need to be there. Her skills? What skills did she exactly possess? This was the question he wanted to ask her, but he didn’t want to be so direct about it. The group she had described for more interesting for the moment. What sort of group was this, and what were its goals? Having never dealt with mercenaries, he didn’t know exactly what that meant, but he took it as a threat. He tried to subtlety move toward Psyche, closing the distance between them. He wanted to make sure that he could protect her if he had to.
“What is this group called?” he said as he moved toward Psyche, hoping his words would distract her from his movement. “What do you exactly mean by mercenaries? And what kind of skills do you and your group possess?”

Strolling Along
Tying my Tongue
Gears are Shifting

Deceased
RayoDeSoleil

A soft chuckle left the shadow-mare's maw at the fair one's words. "I believe that Deimos had made himself rather unforgettable to quite a few of us, my dear," she agreed amiably. Ophelia was proving a curiosity, or at the very least entertaining. And, besides, she was a unicorn - or at least half, depending on her maternal side - and the dark fae had no reason to chase off such a being. She chose not to contemplate if Soleil had borne the femme - a shadow passed over her mind at the thought - and instead began to mull over her niece's rather mysterious behavior. She had a secret, of that, the jackal was sure. But what was it?

She chose not to respond to Ophelia's response to her vague threat; it was not worth a continuation, as the young mare had nothing to do with the rift between siblings. Especially as she had chosen not to fight against them in the invasion. Which of the fighters did she consider friends? Perhaps the FrostHeart had a connection with the fae, which of course she would have known about had she not run off like a scared filly. It was a sour thought, and brought her back to thoughts of her king's disappearance. It was a memory that replayed in her mind constantly, the fear in his orbs haunting her dreams throughout the night, peering at her from reflections in the ice. Perhaps it was his ghost, destined to follow her for eternity to remind her of her mistakes.

Valentine was moving closer to her, lacking in subtlety but, no doubt, with some noble intention of protecting her. She resisted the urge to snort amusement - when would the silly steed learn that she would be more well-equipped than he in a fight? He asked for further clarification about Ophelia's group of mercenaries, and the winghunter chose to provide her input. "I am assuming that you are a group of many skills. Fighting, no doubt, and intelligence? Perhaps even healing? I am only guessing, of course, but those are skills that I assume you provide." That was, after all, the whole point of a mercenary group, to provide to others what they could not do for themselves.

[W/C | 377]
[OOC | Sure, Phi can read her mind to get the info about Maumau. Might make for some interesting plottings later. ^^]

Walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk."
Think think think.

Ascended Helovian

The mare barely winced and nodded. "I need to apologize to him, actually," she murmured quietly. "I said something foolish when I was in the throes of immaturity that I should not have spoken. Unfortunately, we cannot erase the past." She murmured those words with a bitter tang of melancholy. What she did not realize is that very soon, she would be able to erase everything from her own mind. The foreshadow was an irony that would be clear in the distant future.

Ophelia rarely felt annoyed, but she could not help but feel irritated at the white stallion's questions. Were their skills not obvious from her words? Psyche seemed just as irritated, and Phi snorted a little at her reply. "Murder, fighting, spying, healing as well, yes" she said simply, her tight expression softening some when she looked into those jackal's amber eyes. "Essentially everything your capable master said," Ophelia added pointedly, looking into the stallion's red eyes. After tossing her head a little as if the physically action would clear her thoughts, she looked into Psyche's eyes and could no longer contain the curiosity.

"We are called the Grey," she said, beginning to scroll through the black mare's mind with a gentle, tender touch. Like fingers over files in a cabinet, she picked through until she found Mauja. The memory played through clearly in her mind, as clear as if she was standing right next to them, able to feel the cold of the winter's wind.

"I hope you're not seriously believing I would've disbanded it. We're still alive and kicking, but juggling a herd and a secret society isn't easy - both are time consuming. We've had few missions since summer, and I'm sure you know why..." she heart Mauja say in her own mind.

"Well, as long as they are still around, I should like to make good use of them. Seeing as how you're busy and such. Would you mind, dearest?" The black mare replied, and she watched the way her facial expressions changed. Ophelia wondered about the pair. Was there any true love between them? Or were they victims of their own desires and thirst for power?

Mauja reply, giving over whatever this secret society was before a dark, black hole began to snake around his lower legs, swallowing him whole into nothing. So, he was not safely wandering the Steppe. He was gone. Ophelia could not explain the sinking pit she felt in her heart. Ophelia's outward expression only tightened a little, but the focus of her strange orbs returned to the present.

"Should you require our services, you only need but ask," she replied, bowing slightly to the black mare before backing away a few steps. She needed to collect herself, collect her thoughts. How was she supposed to live with his memory haunting her? Another face that would not die, another life she was not sure needed her help, just like all of those on Isilme.

[Thank you! :D ]

COME TO ME

Hidden Account
teeroo

The white stallion could sense the tension go on him. He felt the subtle annoyance of Psyche, and the annoyance of Ophelia. He didn’t care that Ophelia was annoyed at him, but he did with Psyche. He apparently wasn’t that subtle at moving towards her either, and they had both noticed. He didn’t care; he thought it needed to be done. Master? He snorted and laughed aloud as well as in his thoughts.
“Master? Such thoughts are silly, and undesirable. I can speak freely for myself thank you.” He wasn’t amused by those words, and it was his turn to be annoyed, and a distasteful smile appeared on his lips. He definitely didn’t want to think of himself as a pawn, for as much as Psyche wanted him to be, he was his own free thinking, and free moving pawn. “Also excuse me, but I haven’t heard of a mercenary group before. I’ve been quite the hermit, so my knowledge is limited when it comes to herds and other groups.” The distain continued, and he felt the need to push her away, but that was up to Psyche not him.

Strolling Along
Tying my Tongue
Gears are Shifting

Deceased
RayoDeSoleil

Were she a kinder being, perhaps she would have felt a touch of guilt for her treatment of the stallion who loved her so inconceivably. But she wasn't, and she didn't. She did not, however, become more annoyed. Ophelia explained the group, repeating the words that the shadow-mare herself had only just spoken. Unlike the subtle rebuke of her words, her niece's disdain was obvious, and momentary amusement erupted unwarranted in her mind. Who would have thought that she would have something in common with her brother's child? Perhaps some family resemblances were more than skin deep.

Well, the child had proven herself useful, for sure. Even if the jackal had no intentions of utilizing the Grey's power, she filed the information away for later use. If she had learned one thing for sure, it was that the future was never certain. It was of the FrostHeart that she thought of ruefully and her own rash actions of the past, and the many actions as of yet unplayed. The world was ever-shifting, ever-changing. One must have foresight in order to be ahead of the curve, or else be cursed to fall behind, forever foraging in the dark, desperately questing for light and meaning and the ability to control one's destiny. She had fallen before, sure. But she had clawed her way out, back to the top. Once again she was in a position to control fates, and she did not intend to lose that position.

Her thoughts of Ophelia had turned from hostile to accepting, if not favorable. As long as the fae did not get in the way, she posed no real threat. A though in the back of her mind that the Grey would be available to the other herds as well was pushed away, for later review. She would plan, and she would plot, but the mare had lightened her dark mood, and for that, she decided to smooth Valentine's metaphorical feathers. "Yes, I am no one's master," she said sweetly, a smile on her maw. Of course, it was a blatant lie, but there you are. Some things never change, regardless of mood swings.

"Besides, my dear friend is, of course, more than capable of his own thoughts and speech, as are the rest of the herd residing here." There. She had, of course, established dominance, but it seemed to be a matter of male pride that no female held them on a leash. Amber gaze roved lazily back to Ophelia, and focused intently on her vaguely vacant gaze. No, she was seeing things. The fae continued to talk, never pausing. Still, there was the briefest, lightest of sensations, almost like deja vu, and then it was gone. Odd, she thought suspiciously, but then dismissed it. Clearly, she simply needed more sleep.

"I will surely keep your offer in mind, though I doubt it comes without a price."

[W/C | ---]

Walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk."
Think think think.

Kanti Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
OCC: Hey do you guys want to end this?

Tamme the Tempting Posts: 140
Administrator
Mare :: Other :: 2 :: 2 HP: 9001 | Buff: Admin
Tamme
Oh yeah, Phi backing away was sort of to end the conversation and have her walk away.