the Rift

Stranger than Fantasy [Open]
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

The mare barely winced and nodded. "I need to apologize to him, actually," she murmured quietly. "I said something foolish when I was in the throes of immaturity that I should not have spoken. Unfortunately, we cannot erase the past." She murmured those words with a bitter tang of melancholy. What she did not realize is that very soon, she would be able to erase everything from her own mind. The foreshadow was an irony that would be clear in the distant future.

Ophelia rarely felt annoyed, but she could not help but feel irritated at the white stallion's questions. Were their skills not obvious from her words? Psyche seemed just as irritated, and Phi snorted a little at her reply. "Murder, fighting, spying, healing as well, yes" she said simply, her tight expression softening some when she looked into those jackal's amber eyes. "Essentially everything your capable master said," Ophelia added pointedly, looking into the stallion's red eyes. After tossing her head a little as if the physically action would clear her thoughts, she looked into Psyche's eyes and could no longer contain the curiosity.

"We are called the Grey," she said, beginning to scroll through the black mare's mind with a gentle, tender touch. Like fingers over files in a cabinet, she picked through until she found Mauja. The memory played through clearly in her mind, as clear as if she was standing right next to them, able to feel the cold of the winter's wind.

"I hope you're not seriously believing I would've disbanded it. We're still alive and kicking, but juggling a herd and a secret society isn't easy - both are time consuming. We've had few missions since summer, and I'm sure you know why..." she heart Mauja say in her own mind.

"Well, as long as they are still around, I should like to make good use of them. Seeing as how you're busy and such. Would you mind, dearest?" The black mare replied, and she watched the way her facial expressions changed. Ophelia wondered about the pair. Was there any true love between them? Or were they victims of their own desires and thirst for power?

Mauja reply, giving over whatever this secret society was before a dark, black hole began to snake around his lower legs, swallowing him whole into nothing. So, he was not safely wandering the Steppe. He was gone. Ophelia could not explain the sinking pit she felt in her heart. Ophelia's outward expression only tightened a little, but the focus of her strange orbs returned to the present.

"Should you require our services, you only need but ask," she replied, bowing slightly to the black mare before backing away a few steps. She needed to collect herself, collect her thoughts. How was she supposed to live with his memory haunting her? Another face that would not die, another life she was not sure needed her help, just like all of those on Isilme.

[Thank you! :D ]

COME TO ME
we run away forever from this misery

tangled-stock | Salsola stock

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
Stranger than Fantasy [Open] - by Ophelia - 10-22-2012, 09:17 PM
RE: Stranger than Fantasy [Open] - by Valentine - 10-23-2012, 08:27 AM
RE: Stranger than Fantasy [Open] - by Psyche - 11-04-2012, 11:48 PM
RE: Stranger than Fantasy [Open] - by Ophelia - 11-12-2012, 01:48 PM
RE: Stranger than Fantasy [Open] - by Valentine - 11-25-2012, 11:47 AM
RE: Stranger than Fantasy [Open] - by Psyche - 11-25-2012, 09:14 PM
RE: Stranger than Fantasy [Open] - by Ophelia - 11-27-2012, 07:55 PM
RE: Stranger than Fantasy [Open] - by Valentine - 11-28-2012, 08:46 PM
RE: Stranger than Fantasy [Open] - by Psyche - 12-01-2012, 04:47 PM
RE: Stranger than Fantasy [Open] - by Ophelia - 12-02-2012, 01:11 AM