the Rift

not quite rembrandt [Healers meeting!]

Ultima Posts: 57
Outcast
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.3hh :: 4
Snapdragon :: Turkish Andora Cat :: None Kairi
ultima
To say she was anything other than absolutely baffled by the proceedings would have been the cheapskate’s way out. One Queen down, another risen. The Edge’s great general setting a fire and then slipping away, awkwardly, leaving someone else the task of stomping it out. Or rather, the task of stoking it higher – from her spot beneath the trees, next to the young soldier who’d stopped to check up on her, Ultima felt her senses stirred by the smoke, acrid as smelling salts. So much in-fighting; if her brain hadn’t been addled by heat, she might have had the sense to be terrified. But all she could do was watch, her breaths shallow, listening to the raised voices. Overhead the awning cast everything in a strange purple light, the hot sun blazing strong as ever. It felt biblical. It felt foreboding, and little by little her ears crept closer to her poll.

Until Tilney came for her, and she was saved. To an extent.

After managing another bow to Tembovu and Alysanne (and the world did spin a little harder as she pulled up from her knees), and scrapping together the key pieces of Tilney’s harried orders (“Did your—did your voice just crack? Oh Tilney,), she plodded after him as quickly as she dared, wings half-cocked like sails in case her gangly limbs failed her. It wouldn’t have been the first time. The garden was cool, though, and shady; spying a little pool not too far off from where Tilney had made his stand, the girl slipped towards it and took a long, sweet draught. The effect was far from instantaneous. She still felt as if her legs were imaginings, her footing a dream-thing she’d thought of in the haze of Tallsun heat. Sipping again, though, and again, her body at least seemed the tiniest bit cooler. Managing a last mouthful, she trotted back to Tilney’s side just as the other Moon Doctor – Evangeline, she heard her say – arrived.

“Quite right,” Ultima chirped, though her voice fell a bit flat itself. Pulling a smart, wry face at Tilney, she turned back swiftly to the mare and bobbed a neat curtsy. “Hallo Miss! I’m his apprentice. Ultima,” she added, smiling. “How do you do?” And then, almost tentatively: “I say – pardon me, I really don’t mean to be a gossip, but … you’re the Doctor in charge of that girl, aren’t you? Oizys, wasn’t it?”
command me to be well.
please tag ultima in all posts!
force/magic a-ok, shy of killing/maiming her!

Messages In This Thread
RE: not quite rembrandt [Healers meeting!] - by Ultima - 08-04-2016, 11:49 PM