the Rift

[OPEN] Parley

Tilney Posts: 288
World's Edge Moon Doctor atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2hh :: VI HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Peatree :: Lesser Fruit Bat :: None Neverrmind

As the flaxen brute swayed in a spoiling mixture of water and sun he wondered why exactly he hadn't grown a mighty aversion to this part of Helovia or the seaside since his time as a castaway. It had been here in the south that he had been stolen by the sea from all he held dear; The Edge, his herd, his Arah. Still though the chestnut would return unafraid - Wading so far out at the wrong end of a low tide and not watching for currents or rips were simple mistakes he would NOT make ever again. Now that the sun was setting over the foreshadowing island, the Sea was reaching further and further up the dunes and grabbing whatever it could take - it would not take him! 
Fickle tide, try your best. Tilney had the protection of the wave's controller; Mother Moon.

Peatree gazed with awe at the seafoam kisses from where he clung, perched on his equine friend's magnificent antlers. The fuzzy young mammal shuffled along one of the tines, making his way to the unlit lantern that swung above the water. Now that Pea was clinging to the lanterns metal frame, Tilney lowered it towards the seaspray as the waves retracted andshyed from the shore. "Ready Pea!?" Tilney called to his winged friend in anticipation for the tide to roll back in. Pea still held with all of his strength to the lantern and gave a squeal of delight when the seafoam enveloped the entirety of his body, sparing his face (Tilney didn't want to dunk the poor thing in like a tea bag). The tall baroque man erupted with laughter; Peatree's delight was most contagious and Tilney was overjoyed that he could still enjoy the sea side.
“I wouldn’t stand that far in. You know there’s sting rays that shallow, right?”

To say that Tilney was startled by the voice was an understatement - He jumped right out of his skin spooking sideways and only the gods knew where Peatree ended up. "Oh golly!" The caramel man exclaimed, looking from the ciel-horned fae and her Serval to the waves. His verdant gaze searched worriedly over each bubble for his dear little bat, though as soon as the waves had retracted once again Peatree became quite an obvious blob amongst the white sand. "Oh Peatree I am sorry little fellow!"
Tilney scooped the spluttering bat up with his nose and allowed the creature to climb up the front of his face before he turned to the stranger. He could of sworn her bonded had been a serval? Instead he was met with a champagne woman and a seal. Quite convinced his mind had deceived him, Tilney gave a blushing chuckle and strode towards the horned mare.  
"Silly me" He cleared his throat awkwardly and finally let his verdant eyes meet with hers of blue "I am Tilney, a Moon Doctor of the World's Edge" 
"I do not have a key, No. I seek the Sun Physicians of the Dragons Throat though and would be ever so thankful if you could show me the way to their greenhouse or gardens or where they commune?"
He could only assume the Dragons throat had a Greenhouse and gardens too? The more he thought over what he had said though he realised it was plenty warm enough here for most plants to thrive without a hothouse. Things would be done differently here, after all that was why he had come here - to learn about southern healing. He had hardly noticed until now how much the light was dimming. There was details of this woman he could no longer see for example and the sea was just a pleasant noise, no longer a wonderful sight to behold. Oh how he hated his night blind eyes. "Aiya" he spoke as the cure, watching with delight as he always did - the lantern lit with a sharp puff and soon all four of them were all illuminated by his beacon.

Art by mockingale @ DA

http://sta.sh/0zlsh1f66nx
WASTED PEA PEA
@Sikeax

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

Messages In This Thread
Parley - by Tilney - 08-04-2016, 11:01 PM
RE: Parley - by Sikeax - 08-05-2016, 03:18 PM
RE: Parley - by Tilney - 08-14-2016, 09:13 AM