the Rift

Long Since Forgotten

Sali Posts: 6
Outcast
Filly :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 2.5years
Nyara

Sali
If you wanna break these walls down, you're gonna get bruised.

I wait for some sort of reaction, shifting uneasily under their gazes, which seem to be searing through my coat like the sun had been on my way in. I peer up cautiously through thick eyelashes as the masked mare, Paradox, scowls at the other. Briefly, I wonder if she too doesn't care for company, but before the thought can even be processed, the masked one offers the other a stiff nod and turns to face me once more. I flinch slightly at the attention. I was almost hoping the other two would strike up a conversation and I could fly away and try for somewhere else. Just talk to them Sali!

My silver audits flicker forward to catch her soft, almost soothing tones, and I can't help but think briefly of my mother. I take a breath and lift my head just slightly to study her. Her rich golden coat catches the sunlight, and I can't help but be curious about that mask of hers. What a strange marking, if it is one that is. My ears twitch slightly as I wait for any more words. She speaks of a place called Unbound, and I listen with intrigue. A pause, leaving the word 'peace' to hang in the air between us. My eyes widen slightly at the word 'home' and I raise my head high enough to look her hesitantly in the eyes, assessing her sincerity. I'd never been offered a home before, and for all I knew the older mare was simply jesting. Yet still...I can't help but find hope in the offer. Unbound...A home...What an wonderful thought.

Everything within me shouts, screams false hope. I shove the doubt away for now, yet I still feel it hanging there on a precipice in my mind, willing me to say no. One of the doubts that I'd shoved onto the precipice fluttered away at the mention of it not being a real herd, and my mind retraces to the part where Paradox had mentioned staying wherever I may please. At least I wouldn't have to worry about living with a bunch of others all the time, and I could still go where I wish and explore. The mare gives me a soft smile, and I wonder briefly if she read my mind before dismissing the thought. I wonder if by polite she means friendly or tolerant, but I don't ask. I just nod thoughtfully, mulling over questions to see if I should speak up.

My eyes flick toward the other mare and I glance at her curiously, forgetting some of my earlier fear in my interest of this place. "Helovia..." I repeat quietly, testing the word upon my tongue and twitching my ears slightly. I tilt my head slightly and mentally assess how approachable she seems when it comes to questioning. I almost decide against speaking all together, but my curiosity wins out. "What are the other herds?" Not that I'm really sure if I want to know anymore, I'm already a little confused as it is, but I'm not convinced I really care just yet. I follow the glance Syrena gives Paradox, but don't really see much in it, so instead I tilt my ears forward to hear more.

Wait. Two offers in one day? They must be jesting. Or maybe they're desperate... I look up, scanning both their gazes, mulling over how they said their offers. They didn't sound desperate, and they seem pretty genuine to me, but still..."I'm not really sure what to choose..." I glance down awkwardly at the ground, as though it's going to make the decision for me. Should I chose one? "Could you tell me more?" I no longer itch to fly away, and my wings remain settled at my sides.

"I talk." I think.

Messages In This Thread
Long Since Forgotten - by Sali - 08-05-2016, 07:57 AM
RE: Long Since Forgotten - by Paradox - 08-05-2016, 08:35 AM
RE: Long Since Forgotten - by Syrena - 08-05-2016, 10:06 AM
RE: Long Since Forgotten - by Sali - 08-05-2016, 08:57 PM
RE: Long Since Forgotten - by Paradox - 08-08-2016, 03:30 PM
RE: Long Since Forgotten - by Syrena - 08-09-2016, 09:26 AM
RE: Long Since Forgotten - by Sali - 08-10-2016, 12:46 AM
RE: Long Since Forgotten - by Paradox - 08-10-2016, 12:46 PM
RE: Long Since Forgotten - by Syrena - 08-11-2016, 08:47 AM
RE: Long Since Forgotten - by Sali - 08-12-2016, 12:15 AM