the Rift

Long Since Forgotten

Sali Posts: 6
Outcast
Filly :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 2.5years
Nyara

Sali
If you wanna break these walls down, you're gonna get bruised.

Something tells me these two don't get along so well. Although, that could just be my hyperactive imagination, but it's none off my business. I know this well, yet it still eats at me, like for some reason I want them to get along. As though I could do anything about it. So instead, I linger awkwardly and grip my curiosity like a lifeline. It was the only thing keeping me grounded right now, anyway. Audits flicker forward eagerly as the masked one speaks, and I mull over her words before nodding thoughtfully. I knew how that felt, the feeling that being alone was the better option, even when deep down you know it'll just eat away at your soul till there's nothing left. Yet then again, has not company been the same for me? I refrain from sighing, and instead force a soft smile to my face and listen on.

Oh. Well though that does sound lovely, it's not quite the answer I was looking for. I swish my tail slightly and try not to look disappointed at the fact she knows little more than I do, which is hardly much. Instead I tilt my head, imagining the sun sinking into the waves, which I can honestly say I've never seen. I briefly peer at the fire ball and wander how it returns each day after drowning into the sea at night. And why it never rises in the same place of which it sunk. "I've never seen the sea before" I admit, more to myself than them. When nothing more is said, I turn my attention back to Syrena in hopes of further explanation. I'd only ever seen a waterfall once, and it hadn't been that spectacular in my opinion. Just water falling off a cliff.

Was that a, laugh? I blink slowly at the strange, dry, slightly humored cackle and almost feel like echoing it. I don't. Instead I listen to the words, that seem for the most part directed at Paradox. And so I wait my answer in patient silence, willing myself not to fidget as I itch to run, to stretch my wings and fly. I've never stood still for long, never stayed in one place since my father tried to kill me. I'd avoided stallions since that day too. And everyone really. It takes me a second to realize Syrena is speaking to me now, and I make up for my laps with pricked ears and holding myself still. A god? I'm not sure if I'd actually worship a god to be honest. I listen intently as Syrena goes on, and at the mention of a herd of pegasi, my mind stalls. So I could live with my own kind? I almost smile at the thought, but the idea of living in an actual herd still seems rather intimidating. And awkward.

Do they realize they're just making the choice even harder? I am almost tempted to turn them both down and walk away, but the idea of a home is just to great to ignore. Which on calls to you Sali? I almost snap back at myself that I don't know, nor am I sure if I want to live with a herd. Or even in Helovia to be honest. My ears flicker back and forth, my indecisive mind wrestling between the options. When I make a decision, I'm still not very sure, but I decide I might as well chose a place where I am less, bound. I turn my gaze to Paradox and try to visualize again the home I'd have if I went with her. Imagine the sun bleeding into the ocean. "I think I would like to join the Unbound, if you'll have me." I probably sound like a timid foal, whose voice echos the hope shimmering in her eyes. I meet Syrena's gaze briefly, and her nonchalance assures me from my own knowledge of her so far that at least she shan't be all that offended. At least from what I can tell.

"I talk." I think.

Messages In This Thread
Long Since Forgotten - by Sali - 08-05-2016, 07:57 AM
RE: Long Since Forgotten - by Paradox - 08-05-2016, 08:35 AM
RE: Long Since Forgotten - by Syrena - 08-05-2016, 10:06 AM
RE: Long Since Forgotten - by Sali - 08-05-2016, 08:57 PM
RE: Long Since Forgotten - by Paradox - 08-08-2016, 03:30 PM
RE: Long Since Forgotten - by Syrena - 08-09-2016, 09:26 AM
RE: Long Since Forgotten - by Sali - 08-10-2016, 12:46 AM
RE: Long Since Forgotten - by Paradox - 08-10-2016, 12:46 PM
RE: Long Since Forgotten - by Syrena - 08-11-2016, 08:47 AM
RE: Long Since Forgotten - by Sali - 08-12-2016, 12:15 AM