the Rift

[OPEN] Untitled

Lyanna the Windswept Posts: 313
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kyra

i am a leaf on the wind

She knew that sense of anticipation and dread, knew the feeling of butterflies in her stomach. It was exciting and scary to be responsible for things, for the actual health of her herd members. It was, in truth, no small task. And one that Lyanna often didn’t feel prepared for. But at the same time, it was something that she enjoyed, something that she dedicated her time to learning more about, and something that she chose. That was still such a novel idea to her, being able to choose her own path in life. And it was not something she was likely to take for granted anytime soon.

In the end, she’d still probably hand it all back. Give up everything she’d worked for here to have her family back. But every day that thought became a little harder to stomach, every day she paused just a fraction of a second longer. Would she really? Sometimes, in truth, she wasn’t sure. But for Corbin, she would likely give anything.

“Hey, I’m a great guinea-pig. I know so little, you will absolutely manage to teach me things.” She grins, a playful spark in her eyes. She didn’t doubt that Erthe would be able to teach her things regardless, but still, she can’t help the tease. And she figures taking the pressure off helps as well. But really, in truth, she was excited to learn anything and everything she could. And to do so from Erthe. The filly (really, almost a mare) was kind and mature and fun to spend time with. Sometimes Lyanna still finds this sensation weird, this realization that she might actually make friends here. Horses who actually just liked her for her, and not her for her title. Because yes, she has a title here, but it’s hardly the same as coddling up to the Princess in hopes of gaining the King’s ear. She knows the difference.

Erthe goes on to answer her next question, talking about how it just makes everything feel colder. “No wonder you went North for a while. I think I would have too.” Lyanna often escapes to the sky. If she goes high enough, she can get past the heat, though she can’t stay there for long periods of time. That high, the oxygen thins, and she tires too quickly to spend long amounts of time above the clouds. It was perhaps a slightly dangerous habit, but she liked it too much to stop. “You do seem to have useful tricks, at least. Well, one more useful for me, but still…” she grins again, laughing slightly as she trails off.

The topic switches to the herd. Lyanna didn’t realize just how much the girl had been gone, though if she thinks hard enough, she can’t recall seeing the white mare at the last herd meeting. Not that she would have thought much of that, given the size of the herd. But now, it’s starting to make sense. “Ah, well. You’ve missed a bit.” she says, pausing for a moment, debatingjust how much to go into. “We had a herd meeting recently, and Tembovu explained the herd quest to us. Everyone has to help, either digging that trench or clearing the bramble thicket or doing some target practice with glass. The end goal is to have glass spikes that protect the border, and the gate is the beginning of that. The one way in and out of the herd, though for Edge members the spikes will retract into the ground.” She pauses, trying to think if she’s missing anything on that front. Not that she can remember, at any rate. Granted, there were probably some details she simply didn’t get told, which was fine by her.

“On top of that, Elsa stepped down, though still holds the rank of Captain. Alysanne was promoted to Queen in her place, and Mauja to Emissary, along with a handful of other promotions.” Not that she could recite them all, honestly. There’d been quite a number of changes, and she’d been pretty much hung up on her own promotion and Aly’s promotion to Queen. She’d more or less missed everything that came after. “The promotion of a healer to Queen, someone who theoretically does not fight and therefore cannot protect the herd, did not go unnoticed.” She keeps her voice neutral, and leaves any particular names out of it. But it’s not like the girl won’t find out eventually. Might as well just tell her now.

watch how i soar.

lyanna

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Kiki

Messages In This Thread
Untitled - by Erthë - 08-06-2016, 08:09 AM
RE: Untitled - by Lyanna - 08-06-2016, 11:14 AM
RE: Untitled - by Erthë - 08-06-2016, 05:06 PM
RE: Untitled - by Lyanna - 08-07-2016, 03:47 PM
RE: Untitled - by Erthë - 08-07-2016, 06:16 PM
RE: Untitled - by Lyanna - 08-08-2016, 08:42 AM