the Rift

[OPEN] Untitled

Lyanna the Windswept Posts: 313
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kyra

i am a leaf on the wind

Erthe’s response is almost a welcome relief. She says aloud what Lyanna had been thinking, but never would have voiced herself. She feels as though she hasn’t been around long enough to be entitled to have such opinions. She doesn’t know Elsa, and doesn’t know what the Queen may or may not do that Lyanna simply does not see. But she knows that Tembovu is often around – he comes to greet newcomers, he appears at births, he shows for promotions – and then he’s often gone as quickly as he comes. Which she understands. His time is precious, and he cannot be in more than one place at a time, so he must make the most of that time. He is around, where Elsa is not.

“Elsa is the reason I live here,” she says with a small smile. “And I admit I wasn’t surprised either, but felt a little bad thinking that. I’m glad to find out I’m not the only one.” It had been Elsa who found her in the Threshold, but it had also been Elsa that had to leave just as quickly, and Lyanna had found her way through (well, above) Helovia and to the glass wall on her own. She’d been lucky, honestly, that she’d found the Edge at all.

Erthe continues, having no problem with a healer as Queen. Lyanna’s smile widens a bit, but of course, she has a soft spot for their new Queen, who’d been the one to find Lyanna on the border almost a year ago now. Apparently Lyanna’s life here had been dictated by two Queens. She’d never even thought of that, honestly, though the realization hits her now. Ah, always a bit of a Princess, aren’t you Lyanna? she thinks to herself, knowing it to be true. There are certain things she cannot forget, pieces of her training that have simply become too much a part of herself to escape. Though as a whole, life here was far more freeing than life in Morham had ever been.

“I’ve worked with Alysanne quite a bit. She was a good Moon Doctor, and so I hope that will translate over into a good Queen as well.” She thought it would, but in the end, only time would tell. “Stable leadership is important to a herd. Though the Edge flourishes.” Which was likely due to Tembovu. Imagine what this place would be like under two active monarchs. Just in case there weren’t enough names and faces for her to learn….

Erthe peels herself away, and the heat comes flooding back. It’s less of an awkward conversation, talking with some space between then, though Lyanna can’t say she isn’t slightly disappointed. Still, the short relief from the heat has cooled her down enough that she no longer feels like she might melt. It must be worse for Erthe though, if everything just feels hotter, so she won’t complain.

Erthe asked her opinion, and Lyanna pauses for a moment, thinking of it. “You know, I’m not sure. It has the potential to be good or bad. The herd has power, and at least some small say in their government, which is important. I come from a place where monarchies were inherited by the eldest child, and it left the populace rather restless. But at the same time, there’s something to be said for having stable leadership. It promotes trust, activity…”

She pauses again for a moment, trying not to let the thoughts of Morham overwhelm her. Life here has become something she enjoys, something that feels like life and not just a dream. But still, she will never stop missing her home. “I think Alysanne will strive to make everything right within the herd, and if they are open to that, I think things could go well. But I don’t know everyone in this herd well enough to say how they will receive it.”

watch how i soar.

lyanna

@Erthe

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Kiki

Messages In This Thread
Untitled - by Erthë - 08-06-2016, 08:09 AM
RE: Untitled - by Lyanna - 08-06-2016, 11:14 AM
RE: Untitled - by Erthë - 08-06-2016, 05:06 PM
RE: Untitled - by Lyanna - 08-07-2016, 03:47 PM
RE: Untitled - by Erthë - 08-07-2016, 06:16 PM