the Rift

[OPEN] Untitled

Lyanna the Windswept Posts: 313
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kyra

i am a leaf on the wind

Sometimes, the voices of the quiet were lost. No, not sometimes, often. Not always. Certainly, not always. Lyanna had seen her mother and father seek out the silent person in the room and ask their opinion. Sometimes they were silent simply because they had nothing to say. Sometimes they were silent because they didn’t think their voice mattered. How often had her parents taken their advice? More times than she can remember. It’s the quiet ones that know the most, the ones who spend their time listening and learning and not simply talking. Lyanna didn’t talk much, truthfully, not in large meetings like that. But Tembovu and Alysanne had noticed her anyway, and she somehow already held the rank of Moon Doctor. It gave her some hope that they would hear all the quiet souls of the herd. 

It gave her some hope that it would be alright, as Erthe says. But still, Lyanna laughs at the next comment, her smile sly and the gleam in her eye just a bit mischievous. “I suppose we will,” she says with a laugh. Not that she’s ever pictured herself in any real form of leadership (what do you think your current job is, Lyanna? she thinks). Not since Morham, anyway. It hurt in a way she couldn’t quite shake still, even though she’s come so far. Still. The Edge could never replace Morham. The Edge simply became a new home. One she could live in without fear that someone would stab her just for the teal on her wings.

Erthe steps away slightly, eyeing some nearby grass and asking in Lyanna wants to join her for a meal. Lyanna nods her assent, realizing as well that it’s been some time since she’s eaten. She spends a lot of time working lately, and probably not enough time socializing or eating or sleeping. Her time with Erthe has been a pleasant reprieve from giving flying lessons and getting (or giving) herb lessons. She loved learning, but it was nice to simply chat with someone that so easily felt like a friend. Lyanna wanders off a little ways, to where the grass looks green and not too terribly trodden down.

“I hear rumors about weeding the garden,” she says in between bites. “Or possibly digging the trench more. Though I don’t know which lovely task is the one you’ll be getting.” She takes another bite, pauses for a moment, and then adds. “But there wasn’t much else in the meeting, really. Though did they really make horses shovel dung?” 

watch how i soar.

lyanna

@Erthe - I think wrapping it up soon makes sense. We can finish this up here and pretend they said goodbye, or if you want to wrap it up in another post that also works for me.

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Kiki

Messages In This Thread
Untitled - by Erthë - 08-06-2016, 08:09 AM
RE: Untitled - by Lyanna - 08-06-2016, 11:14 AM
RE: Untitled - by Erthë - 08-06-2016, 05:06 PM
RE: Untitled - by Lyanna - 08-07-2016, 03:47 PM
RE: Untitled - by Erthë - 08-07-2016, 06:16 PM
RE: Untitled - by Lyanna - 08-08-2016, 08:42 AM
RE: Untitled - by Erthë - 08-13-2016, 11:23 AM
RE: Untitled - by Lyanna - 08-23-2016, 08:29 AM