the Rift

[OPEN] I won't take the easy road

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan
Erthë
You're so cold but you feel alive

It was unusual to be disturbed out here. Either because it was such a long trek from any herd land or due to her preferred time of day to visit, Erthë had always been alone on the plateau. Only the first time she came here, together with Ophelia, had she been in company - and she had to say she preferred it that way. Not because she was ashamed in any way of coming here, but rather because it was such a private thing. Her devotion to the Goddess could so easily be seen as controversial - the dark deity, the murdering god, the fickle wind that turned on a whim - and though Erthë wouldn't hesitate to face the rest of the world in stubborn defiance should they shun her for this... it was, generally, preferable to get along.

Hence, the filly tried her best to keep her near zealous admiration of the Moon at a tolerable level, and when she heard footsteps on the barren, rocky path that led up to the plateau Erthë bit back a sigh, carefully masking her disappointment that the peaceful moment had been interrupted. Be nice she told herself as the new arrival addressed her; with a faint smile the antlered dove turned around to face the stranger.

"Not at all, I was just..."

But she broke off as pale eyes landed upon the figure before her, widening in shock upon seeing the battered, bruised and clearly exhausted child. It was a child, couldn't be more than half a year at most. Reflexively Erthë glanced about to see where the mother was, or any guardian for that matter, but all she saw was the faint outline of black rock and the blue glow of lava that continually oozed from the volcano.

"Oh no, are you alright?"

Leaving her rocks to litter all they wanted the young priestess ambled over to examine the injuries, brow knitting into a deep frown. Not sure whether she should be angry or worried or sad that she had no way to immediately relieve this girl from her pain, she forgot about her own pains, forgot about the ever-present limp her own leg caused; this did not look like the kind of injury one obtained from personal clumsiness. Either she'd been dragged down by a rock-slide or she'd been in a fight.

"I'm Erthë, apprentice to the Seer of World's Edge. Can you tell me what happened? Do you need me to fetch a healer?"

The Throat would be closest, she could probably reach the herd and be back with a healer in a day, if she didn't pause to rest. Provided the healer had wings too. The thought of leaving this kid here on her own even for a short while wasn't pleasant however; though this was the Veins of the Gods, there were still plenty of dangers for a young horse to stumble into.

image | coding

@Bathsheba

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Messages In This Thread
I won't take the easy road - by Erthë - 08-06-2016, 08:16 PM
RE: I won't take the easy road - by Bathsheba - 08-29-2016, 05:35 PM
RE: I won't take the easy road - by Erthë - 08-30-2016, 10:10 AM
RE: I won't take the easy road - by Bathsheba - 08-31-2016, 02:57 PM
RE: I won't take the easy road - by Erthë - 08-31-2016, 03:48 PM
RE: I won't take the easy road - by Bathsheba - 08-31-2016, 05:39 PM
RE: I won't take the easy road - by Erthë - 08-31-2016, 08:47 PM