the Rift

[OPEN] I won't take the easy road

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan
My thoughts are the cold kind,
I've got storm clouds brewing behind my eyes

The girl waved away her concern with a gruff casualness that almost made Erthë laugh, so familiar did it sound to her. How often had she uttered that phrase herself, when unwanted attention was directed at her? Too many to count, and it was a habit she still had yet to outgrow. Ah, pride. How it turned even the most sensible of souls into stubborn fools, so ready to wallow in pain and suffering just to save some face.

Pursing her lips she narrowed her eyes at the girl in an expression that was far older than her apparent age. "I should hope that you are right, Bathsheba of the Basin, because it sure looks to me like you have taken a beating."

Sizing the filly up with a stern expression, softened by the apparent concern she felt upon inspecting the burns and bruises, Erthë shook her head and sighed to herself. The girl looked strong enough, well built and adequately round around belly and hips; she must have been well cared for until recently, which logically suggested that she either had strayed too far away from home... or that something had happened that forced her out on her own. The young acolyte hoped it was the former. A second look at the filly's hind legs made her doubt that this kid could run very fast if need would arise, which would make her an easy target for predators. Leaving her alone here now completely ceased to be an option, but how was she going to convince the stubborn brat that she needed help?

Her most immediate worry however was about those bruises. She was no healer, no warrior used to seeing injury and battle-wounds up close. Her uncle had taught her the very basics of healing, which herbs to use and when but it felt so terribly inadequate now.

"Look..." Erthë sighed, her voice softer as she continued. "I won't make you talk about it if you don't wish to. But I really think someone should take a look at those wounds... I can't tell whether something is broken or bleeding inside, but if it is then you could be in real danger."

"Won't you let me help you?"
It wasn't quite a plea, but the soft nose that reached out to gently brush over Bathsheba's marbled neck was coaxing, soothing, and just as stubborn as the young unicorn. Erthë would not leave her alone; it would be better for both of them if Sheba just accepted that.

Erthë
And my heart will be blacker than your eyes
when I'm through with you
image | coding

@Bathsheba

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Messages In This Thread
I won't take the easy road - by Erthë - 08-06-2016, 08:16 PM
RE: I won't take the easy road - by Bathsheba - 08-29-2016, 05:35 PM
RE: I won't take the easy road - by Erthë - 08-30-2016, 10:10 AM
RE: I won't take the easy road - by Bathsheba - 08-31-2016, 02:57 PM