the Rift

[OPEN] I won't take the easy road

Bathsheba Posts: 45
Outcast
Filly :: Hybrid :: 16.3 hh :: II years
Kansas
bathsheba
When I revealed my weaknesses I suppose it was only natural for the white filly to look shocked, who would not? I was admitting to being helpless and in need of care, I was displaying my inability to function as a normal foal in a manner less than dignifying. Even as she began the process of changing faces I could feel the humility creeping up my neck, choking on the tongue that so easily shed my fears upon this stranger. It was a feeling that began to fester with every step the frosty girl took (she does look cold doesn't she?), slowly limping forward to align herself at my side. One large wing, (they are quite large) I thought, pulled away from her side, revealing a faint bluish dusting across her back and ribs I had not seen before. For a moment all I could think about was just how white this Erthë was, so stark and almost bland, if not for the mystical effect it sort of had on you. She was so beautiful, pale and powdery with her soft baby blues and even the horns curling out of her skull were something to be admired. The whole get-up made her devastatingly handsome and managed to give away a brand of elegance I could only dream of achieving.

I was boring, I came across those with coats similar to mine all the time, same old boring black and white. Compared to this gem I was the pauper to her princess and although it might not have been the best method, it was enough to drag my mind away from the numbing pain radiating up from my back-legs. Focus on something, on her, on the way her mouth moved and the muscles rolled under her skin. (Can I be beautiful like this one day?).

"Dragons... throat?" Who named something after a dragon's throat? I could only imagine how hot and uncomfortable that would be. My biggest question should have been what the throat was, another herd? Just another obstacle between me and my Mother? The way Erthë talked it sounded very much like another herd-land, liked the Basin. Short, vague memories of Sialia discussing other places like home came to light, chugging sluggishly from the dark recess of my mind. It seemed logical that the Basin was not the only herd in the land and yet there was a notion in my head that made me want to believe it was, for purely selfish reasons. "Gods?" even better! She started the entire explanation with some excerpt about Gods. Now what were those? My pale blue eyes followed the direction of her nose as she gestured toward the shrines I had noted earlier. Those old things? Falling apart, chipping stones caked in sand and etched with some unreadable language. Those were what housed the Gods she spoke of? It seemed a little bit... inadequate.

But Erthë was elated over the whole thing and so I simply shrugged my shoulders as she made suggestions, pray to them, ask them for guidance. Until this moment I did not even realize such things existed, which was a wonder considering, you would think that my Mother would have explained such powerful deities if they were capable of all that. Especially if they could potentially heal me. I was not going to erase the joyful glow on her face though, instead pulling a smile from somewhere out of a dark corner. This Dragon's Throat sounded like my best bet to be honest, with a healer that could at the could help ease the pain. "I suppose I should visit this Dragon's Throat then." her usage of 'we' was not lost, making my spine tingle with anticipation and anxiety. I was not used to the herd-complex that so many deferred to, being mostly on my own or with Sialia had its effects on a young mind.

"Talk."

@Erthe
eat me up,
I'm dead inside.

image | coding

Messages In This Thread
I won't take the easy road - by Erthë - 08-06-2016, 08:16 PM
RE: I won't take the easy road - by Bathsheba - 08-29-2016, 05:35 PM
RE: I won't take the easy road - by Erthë - 08-30-2016, 10:10 AM
RE: I won't take the easy road - by Bathsheba - 08-31-2016, 02:57 PM
RE: I won't take the easy road - by Erthë - 08-31-2016, 03:48 PM
RE: I won't take the easy road - by Bathsheba - 08-31-2016, 05:39 PM