the Rift

[OPEN] Slushpuppy

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan
My thoughts are the cold kind,
I've got storm clouds brewing behind my eyes

The squeal alerted Erthë to the presence of the other filly and she looked up from her icy bath in time to see the sand-colored figure land in the muddy water below the bank. She regarded her reservedly for a while, taking stock of horns and coiling tail while and felt reassured that no serious injuries had been acquired when the mare bowed her head and drank from the grimy water.

Erthë was fairly sure she had never seen this person before. It was by no means unusual. Helovia was a large continent and the herds were as large as they were plentiful. Many individuals preferred to keep to their homes and rarely left to explore the wild, and it was quite possible for even fellow herd mates to go seasons without crossing paths. She tried to guess where this mare might come from - well, based on her appearance there was one really good guess, but not any kind of certainty - and she stared so intently at the figure that she was unable to look away in time when the other suddenly looked around and spotted herself.

Feeling embarrassed at having been caught staring, Erthë forced a smile and shifted where she stood, reluctant to leave the spot of water that now felt pleasantly cool, filled as it was with a frigid slush and bobbing chunks of ice.

"You alright?" she called out, more for the sake of conversation than out of any real concern. "That was quite the tumble..."

Should she introduce herself? Would it be presumptuous to initiate a conversation out of the blue like this, or was it perhaps ruder to not say anything? Erthë swore quietly to herself, she hated these awkward meetings when she didn't know whether to move forward or back off. Everything had been so much easier when she was still a foal and completely unabashed, never hesitating to get in the face of anyone she wanted to talk to. Oh, she was still straightforward and bluntly honest when she wanted something, but when it came to the part of acting appropriate she felt utterly clueless.

Shifting her gaze awkwardly the small filly lowered herself deeper into the icy water, wishing she could just dip below the surface and float away. If only there was someone else to take over... she would like to switch out now please. Anyone?

Erthë
And my heart will be blacker than your eyes
when I'm through with you
image | coding

@Eldala

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Messages In This Thread
Slushpuppy - by Erthë - 08-07-2016, 05:48 PM
RE: Slushpuppy - by Eldala - 08-08-2016, 11:47 PM
RE: Slushpuppy - by Erthë - 08-28-2016, 09:33 AM