the Rift

[PRIVATE] Disarray

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah

Alysanne’s green eyes are clouded with worry, unsure for a moment whether Nyx would expand and explain what she meant, but the worry did not dissipate when the explanation did come. Having nearly lost Naerys the day she was born, losing a child is not a fate she would wish on any parent. “I’m a twin but I have yet to experiencing birthing a set of my own - I can’t imagine it’d be pleasant even in the best circumstances. But I’m glad there was a healer present.” Alysanne wasn’t in the mood to linger on the irony, her concern easily outshadowed any other reactions she might have had. She caught the slight edge of sarcasm in Nyx’s words but was not in the mind to entertain it herself. She was just happy the foal had been saved.

After that subject was settled, she waited with no ending of patience, listening intently to what Nyx had to say. She had hoped for the chance to smooth things over with the General, of course, but she had expected to be the one to see out the silver mare - not the other way around. Could Nyx appreciate just how much that meant to her? “Thank you.” Were the first words out of her, needing to get that out right away. “I appreciate your apologies, Nyx. The meeting was… well, it got out of hand very quickly. No one was expecting Tembovu to make the decision he did… or not as quickly.” The timing had certainly not been great - just moments on the heels of Elsa stepping down, Tembovu offered a new name. If it hadn’t been her own, Alysanne still would have been concerned. I certainly wasn’t.” Of course Nyx words had hurt, had needled at the insecurities that had hardly dissipated since then, but there was no point in saying all of that to the General - Alysanne had no intention of making her feel worse when it meant absolutely everything that she was taking this chance to apologize.

“But you did bring up some good points.” Maybe they weren’t brought up constructively but they had been good points. “While I may balance out Tembovu and his mind for war, I don’t intend on being completely unschooled.” The few, scattered spars that Alysanne had attempted had been rather unsuccessful but there was a chance all she needed was a different teacher. “Perhaps, sometime, you could instruct me? It would be an honour to learn from our General.” A small, hopeful smile brightened her expression then as she waited to see Nyx’s reaction.

Typically, throughout her stay in the Edge Alysanne hadn’t mingled overly much with the warriors and she wanted to change that - and she did not think Nyx would have risen to the position she was at without knowing a thing or two and Alysanne would be a fool to not trying to learn something.  

*ALYSANNE
lying on the edge of a star

@Nyx sorry about the wait <33
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Messages In This Thread
Disarray - by Alysanne - 08-09-2016, 06:32 PM
RE: Disarray - by Nyx - 08-13-2016, 09:57 AM
RE: Disarray - by Alysanne - 08-30-2016, 07:32 PM
RE: Disarray - by Nyx - 08-31-2016, 07:00 AM
RE: Disarray - by Alysanne - 09-25-2016, 11:10 PM
RE: Disarray - by Nyx - 10-22-2016, 06:03 PM
RE: Disarray - by Alysanne - 11-21-2016, 11:28 AM