the Rift

[PRIVATE] sins like skeletons are so very hard to hide [ampere]

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu

"Do you really think so?" Ampere asked, unwilling to hide the hope that colored her voice with a lighter tone. She had been watching Sohalia as the mare spoke, drawn in for some reason by the mare's manner of speaking. Maybe it was the evenness of her tone that suggested wisdom in that way Ampere's loudness did not, or was it the experience that she backed her advice with? There was no doubt about it that Sohalia bore her own kind of battle scars, each one duly earned and learned from, Ampere assumed.

Yes, there was something of a kinship between them, a part that no doubt played a role in Ampere treating her as a confidence.

Near the end Sohalia confessed she actually didn't know, which drew a short and fragile laugh from Ampere, particularly coupled with the nearly competitive conclusion Sohalia added in. Thery had already challenged each other in the name of love, would they do the same for hate now?

"They certainly deserve their feelings," Ampere mused casually, well aware that she would be furious as well in the opposing end. "That rationale doesn't make it any easier to bear though," her tone had fallen back into dismal depths, a glass effect gone over her gaze as she seemed to stare through Sohalia, perhaps into some field of memories. "I think there is no worse feeling than your own children hating you, especially for due cause." Ampere had remembered having arguments with her own mother, but her dam, if perhaps not the best, had never left her. Quite the opposite, as soon as she was old enough, Ampere had left her - it seemed she was the leaving kind.
She feared her children might due the same, even her girls, whom she'd always combated with more often than her son.

"And this herd... they're like family to me. I'd do anything for them, and this land, no matter what." There might be some who didn't feel as strongly towards her, and there were a few individuals that weren't her favorite, but she'd still put her life on the line for any of them. A herd had to be that way - they weren't just a group living together because it was convenient, they were more than that. Just because they squabbled didn't mean that love and loyalty was lost; but she ought to be here first and foremost. how could her herd, her family, depend on her if she was gone? "I guess I should back up my words by being here first, eh?" She shook her neck, a sign she was dismissing that topic of conversation. Time would be the only healer now.

"Which brings me to another thought." Her attention had cleared and was now set firmly upon Sohalia, blue eyes held against blue. "I'm worried about Gaucho."

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
RE: sins like skeletons are so very hard to hide [ampere] - by Ampere - 09-10-2016, 05:44 PM