the Rift

[PRIVATE] sweet disaster

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
and so it goes, we found our sweet disaster
The Thief had visited the Rotunda throughout her stay in Helovia, through various points in her life. For some reason, she was always drawn to the beautiful marble columns and the way the stained glass cascaded colored light upon the ground and the world around her. So many things had happened here for her, each one vivid and just as bright as the stained glass’ creations. From when she first came across Rohan and he admired her in her naïve state of uncertainty to when she fought with the Prince of the Basin – a spar that inevitably left her in pain for many days and nights afterward, remembering how hard her shoulder had collided with the stone that made up the very building she loved; to when she met Alysanne and Ampere and they bickered and spoke of lost love. Oh, if only she knew how stupid and naïve she was all this time. To think that Tembovu didn’t love her was wrong, and despite how many arguments, harsh words and punishments, the Thief would always be drawn to the Elephant King like a moth was to flame.

And so she continued on, ashen dipped hooves carrying her ivory and gold body along the marble. Her hide twitching as it came in contact with the surprisingly cool feeling of the building as she sought out the steps. Her hooves clicked with the stone as she made her way into the very building that felt more like a recollection of her heart – something so beautiful, so strong, and yet so easily breakable. A soft sigh slipped past Rexanna as her oceanic gaze looked up to the colored fragments of glass, feeling the heat of Tallsun as it slipped across her back and glinted off the golden chains that lined her body from head to toe. It was times like these that she felt as though she was alone, her children off on their own way refusing to stay confined to the icy fortress of her home, nothing demanding her attention back home. It was a never ending cycle of wanted to be wanted, but never actually being needed. And the gilded mare was growing sick of it.

She flicked her dual toned tail against her ashen hocks as she lowered her head. Ears flickering as she heard the little pitter patter of paws as they skirted across the stone. Her companion Marembo had been out searching for food, returning ever so diligently to his bonded. She passed him a soft smile as he squeaked and skipped his way over to her, his stomach full and his eyes bright and blue with content. The polecat was much like his bonded, perhaps a bit inverted. The creature was much like a ferret, black with golden dapples and a white mask along his tiny weasel-like face. Rexanna thought she knew what unconditional love was before coming across the tiny egg the creature had hatched from – but she had been wrong all her life. Never did she experience so much love like the one her companion always gave her, and it was something that was at least worth living for. He made her happy when she was having her darkest days, and despite his small size he often did his best to protect her. He’d do anything for her, and likewise, she would for him. The Thief only hoped it never came to that point. "What did you get for lunch, Remy?" She asked him quietly, lowering her head to the floor of the structure so the polecat could climb his way up her face and onto her neck. In response, the polecat squeaked and sent flashes of the lizards he had caught nearby the Rotunda.

"Talk."
in a river of champagne—
swimming through the morning after.
Rexanna
image | coding

@Sabia Rexanna's companion is a marbled polecat! He looks just like this in case you were curious c:
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

Sabia Posts: 58
Outcast
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15hh :: 6 (Orangemoon)
Mouse
Sabia
Once again Sabia had wandered away from the Throat in search of a place where you weren't melting. The mare's travels had taken her far but so far she had not regretted it, the sights were beautiful. The sun was blocked by the trees leaving it to dapple the ground with its bright light, birds sang their beautiful songs from somewhere overhead, and there was the gentle sound of a trickling stream although Sabia could barely hear it due to her only one working ear. Nevertheless Sabia felt like she was in a dream and expected to wake up any second now.

Until she woke up though the rose grey mare would follow the sounds of the stream until she found it, which she did. It wasn't too terribly deep it swallowed her hooves in its cold waters but that was it, so the curious mare followed it deciding to find where the stream would lead her.

It didn't take her far before the mare found something interesting, breath taking to be more exact. A place lost in time, forgotten by all but those who happened to wander by. The mare questioned on home many horses looked at those flowing drapes and decided to look inside Sabia wasn't sure but she was one of them.

Stepping from the stream Sabia settled first one grey hooves then another on the stairs and before long she was walking up them her hooves echoing off the pillars. Carefully she walked through the drapes letting them glide across her body like a lover's touch, then she frooze surprised and amazed at what was before her.

A unicorn stood there unaware of her presence it seemed, the mare seemed like she belonged there. Her coat such a beautiful color seemed to blend with the building making her seem like a goddess among the lost place, her horn golden in color shined brightly and the odd floored lights coming from above danced over her coat making the unicorn look like something from a dream.

Deciding she already seemed weird simply standing there looking at the mare Sabia spoke, "I hope I'm not intruding..." she said in her soft quiet voice. The mare she did not know and smelt of a different herd, she wasn't looking for a fight.

Put me through hell again, I miss the fire.
 Notes:  

@Rexanna
" Stolen friends and disease, Operator please.
Patch me back to my mind.
But everybody knows.
That a broken heart is blind."

Force/violence is allowed as long as Sabia does not die or is maimed.
please tag if mentioned!

There were many things of Helovia that Rexanna had gotten used to. The idea of magic being in nearly anyone visible or not, the various species living among one another as if it were no big deal, and the vastness of the land. It was large, split up accordingly by different parts of the hemisphere. Completely unlike where she came from. Halcyon was full of mountains, ice, fields occasionally – very reminiscent to the Thief of the Heavenly Fields. It was also a land where Unicorns reigned superior, using standard equines as their slaves essentially. Unless you were a less than fortunate unicorn, as she had been. Unknowingly until she met Calstron that she was merely a monster, a horrible recreation of something that could have once been great. Oh, if only her mother hadn’t become pregnant with the General’s child. If only she wasn’t a product of an affair, shadowed and passed off to try and live a horrible life. Oh, if only it started there. Perhaps had she been full royalty, the King of Halcyon wouldn’t have felt it necessary to throw her to the wolves – to the clutches of the Blood Prince. But there were far too many ‘what if’s’ and instead the Thief had to focus on where she came from.

She came from the jaws of the wolf, blazing in fire as she made a daring escape – pregnant nonetheless. Yet at that time, she wouldn’t have known that her child wouldn’t live to take its first breath. Perhaps if she’d known that, she might have stayed with the wolf. Allowing him to tear her apart piece by piece until she was nothing more than a puppet to do the Pegasi’s bidding. No, she’d never have ruled the Eastern Kingdom. They wouldn’t have allowed a unicorn on their throne – no matter what Calstron tried to make her believe. He was the same as them, insane and ready to tear down any who got in his way.

It was truly a wonder how she was still here. And all she had to show for it were the mental scars and the stark onyx “C” marred into her pale flesh. Despite that, the Thief was living and breathing. Despite all that she faced in her past and the reoccurrence of the Prince.

And just like Helovia, they weren’t alone for long. She lifted her head after Marembo had climbed up upon her, collecting himself and clutching little pieces of her dual toned mane in his paws. His masked head swiveled to the sound of hooves as they collided with the stone, and in turn Rexanna’s own exotic striped face drifted toward the sound, her ears perked to listen. The mare was of a rose grey, with vibrant seafoam eyes. Rexanna offered her a small smile, shifting her weight to view the Pegasus mare easier, noting the scent of the sands that billowed from her – the scent that reminded her so much of Ilios. And yet, the mare and the Thief stood at nearly the same height. Dipping her head lightly to her, the gilded woman listened as she spoke – hardly passing a glance at the torn ear of the unnamed woman.

She cleared her throat and shook her head lightly. “No, you’re not intruding.” She began, a soft smile finding solace among her pale face adorned with golden chains. “It’s nice to have company. I’m Rexanna from the Aurora Basin. Who might you be?” She questioned gently, tilting her head ever so slightly as Marembo mimicked his bonded. He offered a small squeak of a hello and tilted his head flicking his dappled tail as he waited with the Thief.

"Talk."
in a river of champagne—
Rexanna
image | coding

@Sabia

Outcast
Mouse
Sabia
Sabia had come to realized she had yet to have a bad interaction with a horse here in Helovia yet she could not help but proceed with caution even when the horse tells her she is welcomed. It seemed to be a habit, after being abandoned so many times she needed to make sure new horses wouldn't abandon her.

The smile from the mare was welcoming so she entered completely into the building, Sabia gave a smile back at the mare and the small creature on her. Awkwardly Sabia shifted her cream feathers on her sides and listened as the other mare spoke. 'Rexanna' a pretty name for a pretty mare.

Sabia realized it was her turn to introduce herself, her torn ear began twitching as it always did when she was nervous. "I am Sabia of the Dragon's Throat" she introduced dipping in head in an officially greeting. The mare realized her own coat was now covered in the rainbow of colors, she looked up and noticed the glass.

The mare couldn't help it and let out a amused giggle, "beautiful" she said. Looking to Rexanna she asked "what is this place?"

Notes:  

@Rexanna
But everybody knows.

please tag if mentioned!

The pegasus smiled in return, a gentle, kind, warm smile. The kind of smile someone wanted after having a long rough day. It was comforting, and even perhaps a bit thankful. And for that, Rexanna stepped a bit away from the mare to allow her room to join the Thief under the cascading rainbow lights. As she introduced herself, Rexanna listened diligently for the name of the woman. She turned the name over in her mind, making sure to remember it – as she often did with every person that introduced themselves, and nodded gently as she spoke of the Dragon’s Throat. “I thought so. I didn’t want to be rude, though. A friend of mine named Ilios lives down there.” She offered with a smile, remembering the golden man with teal feathers and ivy markings across his face, and how in one of her darkest moments upon coming to Helovia how he had gifted her a feather. It still was intertwined in her mane, somewhere among the beautiful chaos that made up Rexanna’s typical appearance. “It’s a pleasure to meet you Sabia.” She added in with a slight flick of her tail, another portion of beautiful chaos. Marembo watched ever so gently, allowing his tiny fluffy ears to flicker with the sounds that often surrounded the area.

Nevertheless, the Thief let her oceanic gaze linger on the mare as she looked up to gaze upon the shards of glass that created such a kaleidoscope of hues. A small giggle escaped Sabia, and Rexanna couldn’t help but to smile, reminiscing in the fact that she – too – had been confused and surprised by the general structure and how beautiful something so forgotten could be. “This is the Ancient Rotunda,” she began, her voice a soft and gentle chime on the wind. “I’m not sure how long it’s been here. It’s beautiful, though. Definitely my favorite place to clear my mind.” The Thief’s gaze drifted to the stained glass once again before returning to the rose gray mare, a soft smile sticking to her lips despite the hollowness in her mind from her thoughts.

Have you been in Helovia long?” She questioned quietly. It was an honest question, perhaps a bit bold. Sabia had every right not to ask, but Rexanna was a curious creature and had only been in Helovia for two of her six years of life. Perhaps her ease around asking bold questions and her curiosity were how she managed to gain such a high rank in the Basin. She might not have been great at stealing things, as most Thieves were, but she was wonderful in gathering information and meeting faces; faces that one day may become a friend or foe.

"Talk."
in a river of champagne—
Rexanna
image | coding

@Sabia

Outcast
Mouse
Sabia
Sabia hadn't met the horse Rexanna was talking about the mare hadn't been here long anyways so she simply didn't comment on it, not wanting to disappoint Rexanna. Another smile graced Sabia's lips "nice to meet you as well" she said cheerfully. Sabia's deaf ear had stopped its nervous twitching, after all there was nothing to be nervous about she already like the company of the unicorn.

The mare returned to gazing at the colored glass as Rexanna explained where they were. "The Ancient Rotunda....it's for sure a good place to take your mind off things" she said truly meaning it. The mare would come back here for sure she often had a lot to take off her mind. It was perhaps a better idea than standing on a cliff and thinking of killing herself, for sure safer.

At Rexanna's question Sabia didn't question it at all it wasn't odd to her. "No not long at all" the mare didn't think she had even been here a year yet. "I'm training to be a healer under Sikeax though" she said rather proudly. "What about you?" She questioned.
 Notes:  

@Rexanna
But everybody knows.

please tag if mentioned!

Rexanna had never truly been one to steal things, but she was one that willed herself to learn of many. She’d remember names the best she could, faces as well. Subconsciously she had made it her goal to learn the faces and names of everyone she had come across, and she often did her best every time. So curiosity was something that drove the mare – especially when she had escaped Calstron’s clutches and seduced the guards from capturing her. She remembered their names too, even if she had to filter out the events that occurred in Helovia and dust off the pages. She’d remember them, and everyone she met here even if she didn’t catch a name, until her dying breath.

Marembo watched, situated contently along the mare’s withers, listening as the rose grey mare spoke. Rexanna nodded along when Sabia reiterated the name of their current location, as if to encourage the mare that it was correct. It was a great place to relieve stress. She had been doing that when she met Rohan, had done it when she had a fight with Tembovu and tried to swear off love – oh what a stupid idea that had been – and when she ended up physically fighting Erebos. Yet, as her question reached the mare’s ear, the Dragon’s Throat woman replied with a name that was familiar to her. She let her soft gaze fall on the mare once more and allowed the smile to stay its place on her pale lips. “Wonderful. Sikeax is a kind mare.” She noted, remembering the kindness that she had felt and received from the woman in their brief encounter. And when the winged mare had returned the longevity question onto her, Rexanna let a small laugh slip through her lips.

About two years now, for me. Lived in the Basin ever since.” She began, shifting her weight and flicking her dual toned tail against her ashen hocks. “It’s crazy to think about everything that can happen in two years. When I first came to Helovia I didn’t think it was possible.” She added, mentally noting all the love trouble she had received, all the herd drama that had occurred, the children she had, and lastly finding the egg to her companion that sat upon her shoulders as an extension to her soul. She let her gaze drift from Sabia, then, returning to the glass and the pillars for a brief moment. “I hope you find Helovia to your liking. For me, it was like finding a diamond in the rough.” Her voice was gentle, brushed with a glaze of honesty.

"Talk."
in a river of champagne—
Rexanna
image | coding

@Sabia