the Rift

renew. [ Smoke/Open]

Smoke the Wild Rose Posts: 128
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 hh :: 10 Buff: SWIFT
Zaffre :: Common Blue Dragon :: Fire Breath Kachie
It took much longer, in the heat of tallsun and at their slow pace, to reach the Foothills than it normally would have taken the grulla mare. She did not begrudge her companion though. Instead she planned what she could do for him, and in what order things should be done. The sun traced its way across the sky, at last sinking behind the trees and laying dusk across the landscape.

They moved amongst the woods of the Foothills now, and she was aware of the way Asur moved his head from side to side to observe his surroundings. An ear tilted to catch his words, and a smile crossed her features. "Yes, this is the Foothills." She said simply, moving over the terrain with practiced ease. "I mean to bring you to the waterfall at the heart of our lands, where you can drink and rest while I have Zaffre scout for herbs and our healer." This was spoken in response to his carefully-worded reminder.

A trill broke the almost silence, alerting the mare of another nearby. She knew who it was before she spotted the young bronze winging toward her and Asur, and the dun colt trailing behind. Dark head lifted toward the bronze, a whicker of greeting passing her lips even as her blue swept out of the sky to fly circles around his bulkier brethren. Smoke chuckled then, her gaze going to the yearling who hovered nearby. "Hello Jackal. Would your Dei like to help Zaffre go herb hunting? Zaffre knows which ones I need, and another set of eyes are always welcome."

A sweep of her tail coaxed the colt closer, encouraging him to walk with them. "Jackal, this is Asur. Asur, this is my nephew Jackal." She offered them both a warm smile with these simple introductions. Her pace was steady though, picking up the path that led up amongst the rocky hills and to the waterfall nestled amongst them with its pool of cool water below.

Above Zaffre chirruped to Dei, imparting images of particular herbs and their likely resting places. The blue was well accustomed to hunting herbs for his bonded, and just as familiar with lifting the knowledge he needed from her. Colors, shapes, textures, locations... all appropriate for the season, regardless of the unseasonable heat. Then he was off, a dark shadow against the gathering fall of night. His primary missions was seeking herbs, but he'd stop to alert Poppy should he stumble upon the mare.

Messages In This Thread
renew. [ Smoke/Open] - by Asur - 06-17-2012, 09:18 PM
RE: renew. [ Smoke/Open] - by Jackal2 - 06-19-2012, 02:07 PM
RE: renew. [ Smoke/Open] - by Smoke - 06-21-2012, 12:16 AM
RE: renew. [ Smoke/Open] - by Asur - 06-21-2012, 01:24 AM
RE: renew. [ Smoke/Open] - by Jackal2 - 06-29-2012, 01:28 PM
RE: renew. [ Smoke/Open] - by Poppy - 06-21-2012, 01:22 PM
RE: renew. [ Smoke/Open] - by Smoke - 06-23-2012, 11:58 PM
RE: renew. [ Smoke/Open] - by Asur - 06-24-2012, 09:39 PM
RE: renew. [ Smoke/Open] - by Poppy - 06-25-2012, 03:46 AM
RE: renew. [ Smoke/Open] - by Smoke - 06-30-2012, 05:22 PM