the Rift

[OPEN] [Unbound] Come one, Come all.

Sali Posts: 6
Outcast
Filly :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 2.5years
Nyara

Sali
If you wanna break these walls down, you're gonna get bruised.

Sali finally allowed herself to relax, if only a bit. It seemed that no one else was coming, and she was beginning to enjoy the company of this new mare, at least enough to let her mind slip slightly and wander as her gaze traces the sinking sun. Letting out the slightest of sighs, the filly cocks one hind hoof, slanting her haunches slightly as her head dips just slightly toward the waves. Her heavy eyelids remind her of just how tired she is, and the gentle tugging of the waves seems liable to lull her off to sleep. Oh how she wished it would. Yet her coulorless orbs still find themselves trying to flutter open and peer around, just in case someone finally shows. She's not sure she can trust the horses here in Helovia. She hasn't been shown otherwise, but she still doesn't find herself quite convinced of her safety just yet.

Her sleepily restless state causes her to jump in fright as the other mare snatches angrily at the air. Her beating heart flutters and jumps like a fish out of water, and at her murmured apology she tries to tame it. A snort of uncertainty is all she allows herself to offer in her mind's reluctance to settle, that and a toss of her head. Yet still, she forces herself to still and calm slightly. Silver audits swivel toward the older mare. She quite likes her voice, that sounds so new yet so familiar. We're she and mother perhaps from the same place? It's like they share the same honeyed accent. Sali offers Paradox an attempt at an understanding smile and a nod of her heavy head. It's not hard to do, but her fragile nerves seem to enjoy exaggerating the difficulty and danger of almost everything she does. And so the smile is more halted, and the nod is simple and a little jittery. Still the closest she's gotten in a long time, however.

Of course she skitters sideways once more as Paradox's clear frustration causes icy water to splay out towards her in glittering arks. It's both beautiful and a little strange at the same time. Much like the sea swallowing the sun in hues of red and gold just out the corner of her eye. One ear perks forth, whilst the other flickers toward the sunset as though she might hear it. Puffing softly, she follows the older mare out of the water, the salty liquid dripping off her beaded tail as she swishes it slightly amongst her hind legs. Once more do silver hued ears perk their attention toward Paradox as her tones soften into question. She listens carefully to what the woman has to say, then rolls her rippling shoulders in a shrug, cocking her head to one side to peer at her. "I'm not really sure. I guess flying means I can go far, and I'm a good listener, and very quiet when I need to be. Though I'm not really sure how helpful that would be. Perhaps healing? I'm not very good, as I haven't really been taught, but it has been an interest of mine." Her ears flicker awkwardly because really, she's never tried much in the way of skills or skill enhancing activities. As it is, being scared of most everything is not very helpful.

A little more awake now, though not really sure why, Sali notices that she's finding it a little hard to stand still. Or stand at all. The only time she's been on the ground this long was before she learnt to fly. She's never been grounded for a day like this. Ink orbs flick from Paradox to the sunken sun and back, ears swivelling as she shuffles her hooves awkwardly. The question is right on her tongue, but she cants quite get it out for her nervousness. Bobbing her head once, she stretches her wings slightly and gives the older mare an imploring look. "C-can I stretch my wings? I mean...go fly around a bit, that is...?" Her ears twitch forward and she looks to the mare hopefully. She's not really sure what drove her to ask permission. Supposedly it's because she hasn't been in company since her father, and she always had to ask permission back then. So perhaps it's out of habit. She shifts her haunches again, a little uncomfortable now as the muscles in her wings twitch in anticipation.

"Sali talks." Sali thinks.
Notes...

Messages In This Thread
[Unbound] Come one, Come all. - by Paradox - 08-15-2016, 11:09 AM
RE: [Unbound] Come one, Come all. - by Sali - 08-21-2016, 03:21 AM
RE: [Unbound] Come one, Come all. - by Paradox - 08-30-2016, 03:34 PM
RE: [Unbound] Come one, Come all. - by Sali - 08-31-2016, 02:57 AM
RE: [Unbound] Come one, Come all. - by Ashamin - 09-06-2016, 12:44 PM