the Rift

[OPEN] Beach Day

Verro Posts: 25
Absent Abyss
Filly :: Pegasus :: 17 :: Three Seasons
Nova

The Spirits Sing Softly

Verro was a spirited little filly, and she burned as splendidly as her fires did, but like fire, she could burn those that tampered with her, or marred her delicate features with a frown. Vinati had done neither, and so the sand fae was happy to continue being childish and free towards her new friend. Part of her wished she wasn't so small, but as any foal who promised to shoot towards the sky when the growth spurt finally hit, her long limbs and down covered wings were already a little too tall and a little too long for her petite frame. Still, she cut a serene picture as she stood at the water's edge, her lilac eyes glinted like amethysts in the light.

Soft ears flicked forward when the filly was also equally as entranced as she was, at the sight of the sea creatures. "I don't know, maybe they will?" She briefly wondered if they really would, or that they'd disappear below the waves once again and she'd never see them again. "I hope they stay." She added after a moments pause, much quieter and softer from her lips.

"Vinati," she repeated the filly's name and then nodded, "nice to meet you too!" Unlike her unknown half-sister, Verro had not met her ave, but she knew she was named in his tongue, as her sister was. He had not been at her birth, much to her upset, but she had heard of him from her mother, and that the fires which danced on her wings, were like his. One day she'd run into him, she hoped with every fiber of her small being, and she often looked to the skies to try and see if she could spy a flaming stallion sweeping through the skies. Even now, her eyes broke away from the sea and her new friend to glance upwards and then back to Vinati when she saw nothing of note, a small flower of disappointment bloomed in her chest.

She hadn't been born with titles and lands of red sand and rolling dunes in mind, she hadn't been born between two lovers looking to create something that was both of them. But, she was no less a Princess of the Sands, she had fire in her heart and a mind that could achieve anything should she put her hoof to it. Nephele had mentioned siblings to her, but she had been more interested in Tasokh at that moment in time, her little sister was the Sun where she was the Moon. When she finally discovered her siblings, they would be welcomed warmly.

"I did! And I found this." Her muzzle disappeared inside one of her wings for a moment, before it reappeared gently clutching the rather large opalescent shell she had found before Vinati had appeared. Carefully, she placed it in the sands between the two of them and then turned her lilac eyes back to the other. "I want to find more of them, have you seen any like it?" Her companion was older, wasn't she? Maybe she had seen more wonderful shells that they could collect, and she could bring some home to Tasokh as well.  

talking

sweet lullabies of lost love

Raggedi @ DA

@Vinati
[Image: BGJGwn32.png]
force & aggression permitted against Verro at all times
with the exception of maiming and death

Messages In This Thread
Beach Day - by Verro - 08-16-2016, 05:39 PM
RE: Beach Day - by Vinati - 08-16-2016, 06:32 PM
RE: Beach Day - by Verro - 08-16-2016, 07:10 PM
RE: Beach Day - by Vinati - 08-16-2016, 07:30 PM