the Rift

[PRIVATE] A Soft Wrongness

Albrecht Posts: 249
Aurora Basin Impersonator atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1hh :: 19 (Orangemoon) HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Strom :: Suma Ball Python :: None Townsen
Albrecht

The first firefly passes by with little notice, as does the second, the third, and probably seven or eight following, but at some point the floating, flickering lights catch the old stallions attention and he lifts his head to watch them drift in blinking clouds of false lightning across the meadow. He chews as he watches, swallowing what must be the thousandth mouthful of grass today, his companions seemingly bottomless stomach broadcasting ’eat, eat, eat’ from where he dozes nearby, inexplicably untroubled by his own hunger pangs.

"If I didn't know better, and I don't," The stallion rumbles without turning his head from the display of lights. "I'd think you were trying to fatten me up." His companion remains silent, but the stallion can feel a new mixture of pride and disappointment seeping through their bond. The young snake is both proud of his cleverness and disappointed at having been caught, and though he knows his bonded has greater access to his inner workings than he would like, still being so young and not yet in full control of his emotions, he refuses to admit any guilt, neither confirming nor denying his bondeds accusation.

The old stallion chuckles low, under his breath. He's cheered enough by the pythons obvious concern for his wellbeing to temper his usual roughness, keeping the fact that he's suspected as much for a few weeks now to himself. He'll let the youth have his moment, but just this once, he warns himself, bristling at this rare slip into altruism, a slip into his former self. Pushing the thought away, a small moment of unspoken affection passes between them and in the silence a new voice draws the stallions attention. He blinks and squints his eyes, trying to make out a figure in the darkness of the meadow with nothing but intermittent flashes of lightning bug butts to assist his failing vision. Luckily for him, she speaks again, and the combination of sight and sound leads him to the source.

At first all he can see of her are wings, massive and pale, layers of feathers tucked together against her sides. He wonders briefly if it's the walking snowflake, Elsa, but as he wanders closer he can see that there's more color to this mares coat, a wash of silver and dapples where the Worlds Edge pegasus was pristine white. He follows the curves of her body with his eyes, both appreciative and measuring, then clears his throat by way of warning. "Romantic, isn't it?" He gestures widely with a sweep of his tail, meaning to include the whole of their surroundings.

His delivery is less than enchanting, the slight hint of habitual mockery never fully leaving his tone, but this is the Secret Grove after all, a place well known for amorous meet ups of all types, and so he softens the comment with a rueful grin. No need to hurt his chances, however low they may be. "Out here all alone?" He asks. 'Smooth,' his companion taunts at the back of his mind, earning a wave of mental annoyance for his humor.

OOC // I'm so sorry for the wait! I'm all moved and have internet set up at the new house now, so replies should be on time from now on. <3 @Sabia

image by mar!

[Image: 56c616e54affc]Rated M, R, NC-17, AO, 18+, NSFW
Tag dat azz!  @Albrecht
Violence & Magic okay.
Wish - Away - OOC

Messages In This Thread
A Soft Wrongness - by Sabia - 08-19-2016, 12:50 AM
RE: A Soft Wrongness - by Albrecht - 08-26-2016, 07:59 AM
RE: A Soft Wrongness - by Sabia - 08-28-2016, 04:13 AM
RE: A Soft Wrongness - by Albrecht - 08-28-2016, 09:30 AM
RE: A Soft Wrongness - by Sabia - 08-29-2016, 12:10 AM
RE: A Soft Wrongness - by Albrecht - 09-01-2016, 08:34 AM