the Rift

Life's always lived in the eye of a storm

Tiamat the Ocean's Light Posts: 360
Aurora Basin Lady atk: 8 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Nimue :: Common Orca Leviathan :: Boil Reli
Thunder rolls across the sky, building into claps of booming explosions, strong enough to rattle the trees. Arrows of lightning are not far behind, bolting across what would have been heavy black skies, and illuminating the forest in a cracking, sizzling streak of electricity. Below the trembling, dripping boughs, the oceanic pair travel slowly. At this hour, they would normally rest, especially given their descent from the mountains, but the ferocity of the storm keeps them awake.

While the howling winds and roaring rains certainly startle her in their bursts of sound, Tiamat is not afraid. She is the child of nature—daughter of the sky and the ocean, a kindred spirit to the earth and its mighty elements. The blue mare is comforted by the presence of her brethren trees, and soothed by the pattering of rain (she could honestly do without the violent thunder and lightning, but she trusts her mother sky and sister stars above implicitly). Nimue, on the other hand, is terrified. Her fledgling heart races, ice-blue eyes wide, with a fin constantly brushing against her bonded as she presses close to the young mare.

Not oblivious to her companion’s increasing fear, Tiamat stops to turn to the newborn whale, brushing the babe’s forehead and pulling her close. “There’s no need to fear, little one. Mama is watching over us,” the coo of her voice is barely loud enough over the rioting of the storm, but it seems to calm the Leviathan nonetheless. Nimue continues to hover at the mare’s shoulder, still afraid, but ever trusting of her life-bonded. As long as they are together, all will be well—all will be safe.

Continuing their trek through the thicket of Helovia’s Threshold, the sapphire pair travel with no path in mind, the ocean mare allowing the curve and flow of the earth to guide her hooves. All is uneventful until a short, high-pitched whistle of alarm squeals suddenly from the small, blue orca. Startled, Tiamat’s head rises, dainty ears catching the resounding of hooves among the storm’s clamor without a moment to spare. Lurching forward and curling her leonine tail around her rump, the blue mare is just able to escape the path of a thundering figure. “Oh, my goodness, I am so sorry!” Tiamat’s heart pounds from the burst of adrenaline, white eyes turning to the mysterious shadow.

She looks up—and up and up—this mare must be one of the largest equines she’s ever met! She feels dainty and fragile next to the hulking woman, though the stranger’s immense bulk does little to rob Tiamat of her concern. “With the rain and the darkness, I didn’t notice you there. I apologize again for my clumsiness,” the Mender shakes her head, awkwardly laughing once to (at) herself. “My name is Tiamat, a healer for the Aurora Basin. And this is Nimue,” she gestures to her newborn companion, who is huddling at her flank. Casting her bonded a comforting smile before turning back to the other, she kindly issues an inquiry that would perhaps sound odd in any other place than this: “Are you by chance new to Helovia?”

notes; Welcome to Helovia! :D
Nimue reference <3
“Speech.”
tiamat
no dreams within her heart,
but dreams of love.

@Narcissa | image credits
please tag Tia in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Life's always lived in the eye of a storm - by Tiamat - 08-20-2016, 03:09 PM