the Rift

Life's always lived in the eye of a storm

Narcissa Posts: 5
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 17.3hh :: 9
Darkrise
Narcissa
With perceptive cyan eyes, Narcissa could see the string of emotions play across Tiamat’s face at her harsh words but then respectful greeting. Many tiptoed around the horned warrior for her fearsome appearance was matched by her fiery attitude and nothing would change that but beneath the armour of bristles and words there was a caring and loyal mare who would stand up for what she thought was right and protect those in her herd. Her recent travels had taught the femme that if there was one thing she needed, it was a herd; there was no way she could live the life of an outcast despite the advantages the other, more brightly coloured mare had stated. Paradox, as the dreadlock adored mare announced, quipped back at Narcissa’s challenge but before the larger equine could so much at smile sarcastically Tiamat did something of the likes she had never seen before. Magic had been a mere myth among Narcissa’s family, their herd relying entirely upon strength of body and power of mind and hence to witness the oceanic equine’s performance was certainly a novelty for Narcissa. She was not to enraptured as to stare at it open mouthed, that wasn’t something she did, but her teal eyes followed the bubble like substance as it encased the trio.

The horned mare had not considered the fact that these two horses might both be attempting to get her to join their herd or band of outcasts. It was quite funny really, given her abrasive attitude, that these two horses might actually want to recruit her but then again her muscular and scarred form certainly told a tale of her battle prowess, something some might be in need of. However she is not soo unknowledgeable of such procedures as to miss the orange mare’s somewhat pointed mention of her position among the Outcasts nor her statement about Narcissa’s past rank. Others might overlook such a slender mare as a fighter but the roan beast knew that underestimating horses was dangerous. She dipped her antlered head, not an apology for her earlier words or actions but a sign that she respected the mare’s intentions.

However before more could be said or done a fourth horse joined the little trio, this time a stallion bedecked by great antlers that reached taller than her head despite her being a hand above him. The femme was slightly taken aback by his sudden appearance and joyful greeting of Tiamat but dipped her head politely as he greeted her. It was as though all eyes were on her now to choose a herd, something the normally fearless mare found oddly daunting.

“I am Narcissa and yes I am new to this land, and admittedly without a home.”The last few words were spoken with a slight hiss, not in an attempt to be rude to the three horses but because not having a home could be viewed as a weakness and Narcissa did not wish that admit to any weakness. Inclining her head just slightly to Tilney and Paradox she continued; “Thank you both for your offers, however,” and she turns to Tiamat now, “I wish to join your herd’s warrior ranks.” Narcissa wasn’t entirely sure what made her choose to join the cerulean mare’s herd but there was something about her apparent almost insatiable kindness that made the larger mare warm to her in a way she never usually did for she never made friends.

@Tiamat @Paradox and @Tilney thank you all for joining the thread and I am deeply apologetic for how late this reply is, stuff happened and I was unable to post again till now. It was a really hard decision picking a herd by the way xD Also if anyone wants a thread with Narcissa that would be great :)

[Image: narcissa_full_by_darkrisedivine-dadxgj3.gif]
| Please tag me in everything. |
| You are welcome to inflict, or attempt to inflict, injury upon Narcissa. Although be aware that she is aggressive by nature and will not hesitate to return the favour c: |
| Narcissa is prone to swearing, if you are adverse to that please tell me. |

Messages In This Thread
RE: Life's always lived in the eye of a storm - by Narcissa - 09-06-2016, 10:21 AM