the Rift

Allies and Acquintances <Amadeus>

Scree Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Scree
"can't read my, can't read my no he can't read my poker face"

Her new home, she supposed. She had been in a herd before coming here, not that it had done her any good. She shuddered as she recalled her past and grimaced. She had hated stallions for awhile, but had let that go after a few years. It was ridiculous to hate half of a species for ones mistake. Besides, she had encountered plenty of stallions in the years since the incident that were not like the one that had taken advantage of that. Today, she hoped to meet another herd mate.

Ricochet had convinced her simply because she sought to leave the Threshold, it had little charm and little shelter. Here was much better. Already she held a new rank, warrior. She savored that thought. Being a warrior was definitely appealing, perhaps she would advance through the ranks after this. Certainly Ricochet would be someone to get to know better. Allies would be next. She was ambitious, power hungry. Too long, her fate had been pre-determined for her. Now she wanted to control the fates of those beneath her.

But baby steps. The mare was patient, she would wait, she would manipulate. Baby steps.

Amadeus Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Amadeus
When Life gives you lemons, accept them and trust they will be useful later

This was a nice place to live, he thought, cantering easily over the terrain. The high mountains sheltered the land from the snow that threatened the rest of Helovia, and so far the other horses had been friendly. He’d even been promoted to a diplomat, though he had yet to prove himself worthy of the title. Still, the sun was shining, his thick winter coat was keeping him warm, and life was good. The merry stallion noticed a black figure standing off to the side several yards away, and veered to meet it. Perhaps he would make yet another friend! Blue eyes sparkled at the idea, and so he arrived in the mare’s presence in quite high spirits.

“Hello!” The greeting was called as he approached, slowing from his ground-eating lope into a gentle walk, then halting but a few feet from her. Good cheer radiated off of him in almost visible waves, and a bright smile was directed to the ebon dove. “I’m Amadeus.” He hoped she was as kind as Kanti and Paladin had been. After all, why would anyone want to be grumpy on a day like today? Or any day really, for Amadeus found a reason to be happy every day. His extreme joy could sometimes be somewhat off-putting, overwhelming those with whom he tried to speak, but still he persisted. It was just how he was.

OOC:
Walking the walk
Talking the talk
Thinking my thoughts

Scree Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Scree
"can't read my, can't read my no he can't read my poker face"

Twisting, the mare examined the stallion that approached her. He was a merry creature, one of those that so blindly accepted that everyone they encountered would be kind that they approached them readily. He came to make friends, perhaps, and she could only smile as he neared. Friends indeed. Friends indeed.

"Good afternoon," she called out to the stag who drew nearer. He was a good looking specimen, and she supposed a herd mate. It would do well to make new friends among those that lurked in her new home. Indeed, she should be searching more readily for those to gain the loyalties of. Ambitious, she was indeed, and manipulative too, but she did not doubt the need for others to be at your side. Sharing power was not as fun as complete control, but sharing was oft the only way to gain what one desired.

"You may call me Scree," she said, with a dip of her head.