the Rift

[OPEN] never know what temporal days may bring [Academy, open to all!]

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

ISOPIA
In reality's shadow the blind see best.

Isopia, who rarely could summon the need to show up for her own herd meetings, flew towards the Dragon's Throat eagerly. The big mare felt pin-pricks of excitement flourishing and bursting inside of her veins as she glided on the warm air thermals, and relished the feeling. Already many of the warmer air currents had departed from the Hidden Falls as orangemoon approached and rained-away the warmer weather.

Despite the energy that had carried her here much faster than she might otherwise have made the trip, it appeared she was late. Already there was a crowd gathered, and as the demi-goddess landed - towering above most who had already arrived - she gleaned that introductions and intentions were currently being offered. Folding her large wings against her sides and adjusting her cape so that it billowed out against her flank rather than catching beneath her wings, she addressed the pale mare who seemed to be leading this little gathering.

"I am called The Mountain That Knows." She introduced herself, a rare feat, even if it wasn't her actual name. She didn't feel the need to announce that she was the daughter of the Earth God, however. Many assembled she recognized from that day in the RipTide aisles when she and a number of others fought off the tiger goddess who threatened those lands. It was then that her Father had addressed her as his child, so it was quite likely that they knew who she was already. Besides, who else but she - for she was the largest mare that she had come across in Helovia - could be anyone but the offspring of the largest god ?

I do believe rules should be made to prevent the temple becoming a playground. It should be used for sharing knowledge, and knowledge alone. Isopia's gaze sought out the speaker of these words, landing upon Maren. She recognized the mare at once - from having seen her in a number of different places. The demi-goddess drew in a breath, as if seeing something rare in the wild. A dislike of rambunctious children? A desire to protect the sanctity of a sacred space? A respect for knowledge and its purpose? Had Isopia finally found a kindred spirit? Her heart beat slightly faster with hope.

Her golden eyes glistened as something like a smile began to push her lips apart. This was likely the happiest Isopia had ever looked. And why not? Wisdom and a love of it comprised half of the name she kept securely in her heart.

"I too know much of magic-" She said, looking to Elsa, then back to Sohalia, "However my true interests lay in wisdom and knowledge. I am not called the Mountain that Knows for nothing." This was not said boastfully, but factually. If there were any in Helovia who thought they knew more of philosophy and wisdom, she would gladly meet them. Until then, she would bear that title without pride. "I would gladly share and teach what I know to any minds willing to listen and learn." Her large golden eyes closed for a moment, as she thoughtfully considered what other information this mare might need. "I am happy to prove my credentials, should that be necessary."

aaanndd Isopia is in love with Maren. :O

Image Credits

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Messages In This Thread
RE: never know what temporal days may bring [Academy, open to all!] - by Isopia - 09-07-2016, 09:52 AM