the Rift

[OPEN] never know what temporal days may bring [Academy, open to all!]

Maren the Crownless Posts: 264
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 6 HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Mr. Teatime :: Siberian Tiger :: Sing Yewrezz

BY THE PRECEPTS OF HER PURITY

"I am called The Mountain That Knows."

Maren looked as the giantess spoke up. Unlike the snowy mare, she had seen the girl several times before. You are the daughter of the Earth, and, if her mind was still as organized as always, she remembered her holy Father calling her by another name, a long time ago, when the False Gods had sickened their lands. Still, Maren didn't care enough for it to dig it up. If this Mountain truly knew... Maren would call her whatever she wanted. Then again, if Ampere was the Mother of Companions, what was there to go on? ... Perhaps it is better to not take these things too seriously. But what could she do, she was a serious mare.

"I am happy to prove my credentials, should that be necessary."

The giantess must have thought of something, or she would not have offered it so willingly. "How would you prove your knowledge? How would you prove your wisdom?" She asked, intrigued. Was she going to tell them a story? Reveal the existence of ancient magic? Was there a secret passageway in the Heart caves that they didn't know about... Or was she going to sing them a sacred, long forgotten rhyme? Because she truly did not know, and for that reason alone a smile fell on her lips. Enlighten me, Mountain.

Once again she listened to Sohalia and her lush assemblage of ideas and ways to make them into a reality. She didn't really see why they couldn't just teach in the main hall of the Temple, however, if Sohalia wanted it... "It would take some extra time to create more space, but if you are truly confident in the value it would add it can be arranged. I will talk to Cera about the possibilities. Until then you can make use of the main hall as it is." Of course she would be keeping an eye on them still; lurk in the shadows with, stealthily, between the steal and the stones, in case it were to happen that any of these so called students would give her enough reason to kick them out.

She continued listening, her ivory wings shifting and shuffling next to her cheeks as if in sync with her brain, thoughts. History... Religion... Magic, they seemed about right. However, she had doubts in the methods. She had the feeling that Sohalia's view on the teaching of wisdom was an easy one. Religion — culture, history, that was it. An easy route; easily accessible - available for everyone. But, like rain on a summer day, it sounded too perfect and she was afraid she should know better than that. In the end, words were just words, no matter how fancy, no matter who said them; A common citizen, or the Mountain that Knows...  She agreed with Ampere about the use of the arena for magical practice. Although she hadn't helped with its build, she had watched its walls leaning sadly on desolation, waiting for it to be used.

However, when Isopia spoke again, Marens earlier doubts surfaced again. She felt hesitant to say it, not wanting to break the mare's ideals like a mirror in a hailstorm. Perhaps I won't— and she hoped so, as she added into Isopia's range of words. "Wisdom cannot just be taught. It needs to be experienced."

She did not care much about the warrior-reference, wasn't even aware that Ampere's son was Zero, so she simply scratched her itching nose with one of her feathered fingers and let that argument slip by as well.

She swallowed, cleared her throat. "It is unrealistic to think all areas of knowledge can be covered between four walls," she frowned. "Or even within the whole of the Dragon's Throat. What I am saying is that we should limit this idea to the most important aspects if it should be to remain maintainable. I do not see how the Academy can make themselves available to teach every single thing someone might want to do in their life, and still not exhaust their resources by spreading them too thinly among all these ideas — and then be successful." Mimicking the giantess' gesture, she shrugged too.

Image Credits
Please tag me 

Messages In This Thread
RE: never know what temporal days may bring [Academy, open to all!] - by Maren - 09-29-2016, 07:29 PM