the Rift

[OPEN] never know what temporal days may bring [Academy, open to all!]

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu
A M P E R E
"Any existence deprived of freedom is a kind of death" -- Michel Aoun

Ampere's gaze narrowed in return as she cast it upon Isopia, her prior concerns about the status of their friendship quickly forgotten as she was reminded just how irksome Isopia could be. "My son is always welcome to train with the warriors," Ampere snapped, taking Isopia's reference of him as a slight. The fact Isopia had already criticized her parenting methods of the boy, especially in relation to fighting, hit too close to home now for her to coolly ignore the comment. "I'm not sure how your herd governs itself but our ranks always welcome participation of interested herd members." Her blue gaze burned intently before she jerked it away, attempting not to get into a fight with Isopia, least of a non-physical one (an area Isopia excelled in).

Attempting to reign in her rising temper, Ampere focused on what Maren and Sohalia had to say instead. Her head nodded faintly at Maren's statement that they couldn't teach everything, at least not successfully. This was Ampere's point. Warriors already trained fighters; why not spend their resources on something never successfully taught? Besides, what would a scholar know about tact if they had never put it to use on a battlefield? The only possible use for a non-fighting teacher would be a retired one, too old or too broken to go on, but the knowledge all there still. Unfortunately most warriors didn't make it to retirement.

"I agree with the Mountain that Knows- ethics is vital to the academy. If you want to teach fighting, and thievery too with it, then we should be sure to implement good morals for employing such talents. Too many in Helovia are capable of fighting and stealing but do so for careless and selfish reasons that are a detriment to our realm." Ampere spoke evenly, her tail flicking idly at her hocks, though she still didn't bring her eyes back to Raven.

"For that reason i think companions must be included in our first series of classes. Bonding is a permanent change that affects two lives, and yet there is zero instruction or knowledge on this process and the caring of the creatures bound to our souls." She did her best not to let aggravation enter her tone, though she wasn't entirely sure she succeeded. She found ti careless of the gods to allow something so powerful with so little instruction. The same could be said of magic, but at least someone else's soul wasn't on the line. "I'd be happy to lead that lesson," she concluded.

Credits: Image by Tabini
Coding by Tamme

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
RE: never know what temporal days may bring [Academy, open to all!] - by Ampere - 10-24-2016, 12:11 AM