the Rift

The Academy :: Professors and Students Welcome!

ChaoticMelodies Posts: 0
OOC Account
Mare :: Other :: 16.2 hh :: 23 years
ChaoticMelodies

The Academy
Located in the heart of the Dragon's Throat, the Academy is the center of academia in Helovia. We welcome all species, ages, and herd affiliations into a scholastic atmosphere which will encourage the educational exploration of each individual. The Academy aims to teach new skill sets while furthering existing abilities in a variety of learning areas, producing well-rounded individuals who are prepared to contribute to Helovian society. We hope that by founding an educational system, we can promote relations and trade between the four great nations of Helovia.

Pupils will be permitted to reside in the Dragon's Throat. They will be welcome to share our resources and will be treated as a part of our family, though they will, of course, be allowed to retain loyalties to whichever herd they wish. We highly recommend living in our herdland, as this will provide a better overall experience and allow more time to be dedicated to learning. In addition, pupils will be able to form stronger bonds with their classmates and learn important life skills, such as time management, teamwork, and cooperation.

Instructors will be chosen from a pool of applicants based on experience and suitability. The open positions are listed below. Please feel free to apply, and know that as we expand and more positions become available, we will revisit these applications or advertise new positions.

Staff List
Superintendents
Aithniel
Sultana

Administration
Sohalia
Headmistress

---
Dean of ___
---
Dean of ___

Instructors
---
Professor of ___
---
Professor of ___
---
Professor of ___

Support Staff
Maren
Janitor

Open Applications
(1) Dean of ___
(1) Dean of ___
(1) Professor of ___
(1) Professor of ___
(1) Professor of ___

Please use the following form to apply. PM completed forms to Sohalia.

Code:
<b>OOC Name:</b>
<b>Activity Level:</b>

<b>Character Name:</b>
<b>Herd Affiliation:</b>
<b>Position Applying For:</b>
<b>Reason For Applying:</b>
<b>Qualifications:</b>

Student Positions
Students are always welcome to join the Academy. We do not have an application, but we do request that any interested pupils schedule a meeting with a Superintendent, Headmaster/Headmistress, or Dean.

Hector?
Lyanna
Misael
Noe
Sacre?
Vastra
Vinati

Charks Posts: 1
Junior Administrator
Mare :: Unicorn :: 5'4 :: 23
Charks
OOC Name: Charks
Activity Level: Been around since day one, if not the most consistent

Character Name: TANDAVI
Herd Affiliation: WE
Position Applying For: ALL OF THEM (sorceress?)
Reason For Applying: THIS IS MY JAM
Qualifications: BAMF (also can do all your magic, so nyeh)

Tilney Posts: 288
World's Edge Moon Doctor atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2hh :: VI HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Peatree :: Lesser Fruit Bat :: None Neverrmind
OOC Name: Neverrmind
Activity Level: Online daily!

Character Name: Tilney
Herd Affiliation: Worlds Edge
Position Applying For: Librarian or the professor of wisdom!
Reason For Applying: Tilney loves to teach! He would be in his element, and would be ideal for growth as a character
Qualifications: 
-IC member for.... 2.5 years? 3 years? 2 years? since January 2015 so OC 1.5 years!
-worlds edge moon doctor
-Has been a member of 3 of the 4 herds
-has been to all 4 herds, and (i THINK) every part of helovia?
-connections in each herd
-regularly makes trips to expand his knowledge
-writing a healers encyclopaedia!

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

Sikeax the Sea Soul Posts: 355
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 5 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Hobgoblin :: Common Rougarou :: Water & Seoul :: Plain White Dragon :: Toxic Breath Zuno
is biased towards tandavi as socreress because each day "hey kids look what i got now" and bam! new magic

OOC Name: Zuno
Activity Level: I'm online daily and have my skype open at almost all times, but my posting can be a bit slow sometimes. it usually doesn't take me more than a week to reply with the exclusion of the occasional busy week

Character Name: Sikeax
Herd Affiliation: Dragon's Throat
Position Applying For: Librarian, Professor of Wisdom
Reason For Applying: Sikeax is a bit uncomfortable about Helovia's history but has a huge wealth of it and has been very active IC wise since 2013 and is pretty much utd on everything big occurring during that time. I believe her being able to use her knowledge of the Helovian history would help her get over her discomfort at her past and urge her into accepting it for a bit of IC building.
She strongly enjoyed teaching healers in the DT as their Sun Physician and would be able to put her teaching skills to use in the academy.
Qualifications:
- Long time resident of helovia(nearly 5 IC yrs)
- Has been the Sun Physician of the Dragon's Throat for about 2-3 IC yrs
- knows her shit

lastly i don't know if this could work but she could assist some with the warriors? like my idea is that she could give tips on where to hit for more devastating blows(weak points, less obvious joints, soft but tender places, et cetera) and suggest exercise ideas to build up muscles outside of fighting

you were angels,
so much more than everything

:: please tag me
:: minor force and power play allowed

Cera the Golden Prince Posts: 419
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Ilaria :: Red Panda :: Heal Brit
OOC Name: Brit
Activity Level: Always Watching. Always.

Character Name: Cera
Herd Affiliation: Throat
Position Applying For: Professor of Wisdom
Reason For Applying: Cera has been through so. Damn. Much. Born and raised Helovian, knows of countless invasions from Midas, knows the Gods very well as well as the history of Helovia. He is very patient and an intellectual type and would be a very gentle and helpful teacher.
Qualifications:
• Born and raised Helovian
• Son of Midas, aware of all the herds and has visited all but one
• Deep friend and family connections in different herds
• Has nearly died, killed his father's doppelganger, seen family die
• Met three of four gods
• Has been a Diviner so it was his job to teach
• He's the very best that no one ever was
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!

Odd the doer of things Posts: 115
Administrator atk: 23 | def: 42 | dam: 108
Mare :: Other :: 5"2 :: 27 HP: 108 | Buff: badass
Odd
OOC Name: Odd
Activity Level: oh you know..

Character Name: Isopia
Herd Affiliation: Hidden Falls
Position Applying For: Librarian (aka dean of Wisdom)
Reason For Applying: Because Isopia thinks everyone is a moron and needs some EDUCATION. Also these are the types of threads that give me the most muse. When Myrddin was the Haruspex for the basin he made fun riddles for people to try and solve. Iso would probably have 'lessons' and then have 'tests' where the winner would get a prize (one of my million amulets, maybe with some her magic inside?)
Qualifications: Uh. I have an MA in Philosophy? :P . IC Isopia is called the Mountain that Knows for a reason. It would be nice for Iso's intellectual side to come out in a way that isn't just her being an asshole and hard to get along with. She genuinely does like teaching and helping others learn.

Iso would hold classes in ethics/morality, epistemology, linguistics, and social philosophy.

Sarah Posts: 7
Junior Administrator
Mare :: Equine :: 5'6'' :: 26
Sarah
Vastra would like to be a student when this gets going :D

Kyra Posts: 0
OOC Account
Mare :: Other :: 5'2 :: 27
Kyra
Lyanna would love to be student as well!

Maren the Crownless Posts: 264
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 6 HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Mr. Teatime :: Siberian Tiger :: Sing Yewrezz
Can Maren please be the janitor of the place, please? It would be so perfect for her.

OOC Name: Yewrezz
Activity Level: Call me, beep me, if you wanna reach me - Doesn't matter when, doesn't matter where!

Character Name: Maren
Herd Affiliation: DT
Position Applying For: Janitor
Reason For Applying: She wants to keep an eye out on those buggers running around the temple as if it's a playground instead of the holy place she's put so much work in. Also feels the desperate urge to keep the temple clean and tidy.
Qualifications: If not a janitor, she will just be the weirdo hanging around the academy all the freaking time, and be cleaning up drool and horseshit anyway. Better just give her a title for it. And something to do. (She is also diviner but doesn't like kids enough to be teacher and I secretly do want her to be involved :C )
Please tag me 

Misael Posts: 97
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.3 HH :: 7 years HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Lazarus :: Melanistic Lion :: None ShadowMare
Mis will be a student since he doesn't quite fit in anywhere else teheh
Please tag in all posts, all force is permitted

[Image: shadowmare098_by_ehrendi-da6sr2s.png]