the Rift

(Closed)

Stellaluna Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Please Note:
My partner was banned, so after asking an admin/mod I decided to restart a new thread.

The young mare's hooves sank into the soft soil. Her nostrils flared, taking in the thick mossy scent of the forest she had come to. The light shone spotty through the canopy, adding sun ray dapples to her natural pattern. The cool forest was a nice change to the barren desert she had been traveling on.

She dropped her slim head down, grazing heartily on the lush grass that grew here. Her ears flicked, trying to hear past the buzzing insects and fluttering birds for any sound of danger. She figured someone must own this extravagant territory, and if it was a stallion, she wasn't worried. She could either charm him into letting her stay, or charm him long enough to bolt. As long as she filled her starving belly before another unicorn or equine approached, she would feel fit and agile enough to dive an leap through the underbrush to safety.

Soon she stood, and slipped deeper into the forest in search of water. A small creek ran clean and clear, luring her closer to the muddy bank. She dipped her head down, taking in the cool liquid.

Unregistered
Stellaluna's head shot up. The deep brown Pegasus wasn't what she was expecting to see. She snorted and, with a fluid leap, leapt across the river and disappeared into the woods. Her beautifully shaped body sailed light through the air. She quietly looped around, weaving in and out of the brush with minimal sound. It would be hard for the stallion to move freely, she imagined, as his wings looked disproportionately large for his sturdy frame.

"Hello," she whispered meekly, her voice melodic. "Are you lead stallion of these parts?" she waited, still, knowing his response would change her reaction to the current situation.

Unregistered
She took a step into the open, the sun illuminating her coat. "I'm Stellaluna. I've been wandering for so long, I simply needed to stop to regain my strength." She tipped her head slightly, curious. "Dragon Throat? Is that nearby? I'm looking for a herd, but would hate to wander unknowingly into a band's territory."

Though still weary, she was beginning to enjoy this. It had been so Lin since she had another creature to talk to. To keep from going crazy over the desert, she had sang to herself. The lullabies were soothing when sung to her, but she felt like she dipped into a web of insanity by repeating it over and over to herself.

Unregistered
OOC: I made a slight change to her appearance. Now, below her horn, she has a second slightly shorter horn as well.

She smiled gently. "I see nothing unusual about you. I'm sure your wings are wonderful. They are much more useful than these skewers." she tossed her head, her frock of mane falling around her unusual double horn. "But, alas, I will have to wait to gain magic before they serve any use to me." She pawed the ground softly. "I'm sure you've seen the world from a wonderful perspective."

"And she? The lead of Dragon Throat is a mare? Are they unicorns, or pegasi? Excuse me, please, I've never been around here. It's unusual for you to even be speaking to me." she gave a soft laugh, but it was true. Along her journey, pegasi and unicorns usually avoided eachother.

Unregistered
"Oh no, don't worry," she smiled. "I don't agree with it. But I've been many places, it would be lovely if this land was different."

She leapt daintily over the creek, landing on the same side as Sinister. "So, would you like to lead me?" She dipped her head, staying respectful.

"So, if you don't mind me asking so many questions, are you a member of any herds? And are there any big creatures or predators I should be worried about?" she had encountered some huge birds on her travels, and danced out of danger's way many a time with dangerous stallions and nasty mares.