the Rift

somehow I doubt I'll ever find a home [open]

Leander the LionHeart Posts: 184
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 8
Epona
L E A N D E R

The great gold stag sauntered through the wood; his second home of late, it seemed. He was always drawn back to the Threshold's serene forest, no matter the time of year. Often he found newcomers who needed a haven, many of which had become respected members of the Throat. His loyalty to Kri and the rest of the herd was strong, resilient beyond any attempts at weakening. Even when other herd recruiters spread lies or wove elaborate tales for the newcomers, he kept his sense of justice about him. Someone had to give the new Helovians some truth.

A light feminine scent hung in the frosty air. Raising his sooty nares to the breeze, Leander inhaled. Through the maze of barren trees, he spotted the filly; a lovely, winged, ivory vision in the snow. She was petite in his eyes, though she was in good stature for her age. Gilded eyes gleamed warmly as he approached the girl slowly. He didn't want to frighten the pretty foal with his formidable height and brawny exterior. Fortunately, she had a sharp mind, for the white youngling spun around to face him. A hearty laugh left his maw, eventually settling into a warm smile. The girl looked more courageous than any other foal he could remember seeing. Idly, he wondered if that's what he might have looked like in his troubled youth. "I'm sorry if I startled you, miss." Deep tones left his throat, followed by a polite dip of his noble crown with emphasis for the filly's bravery. "I am Leander, a warrior of the Dragon's Throat herd. Are you knew to Helovia, m'lady?"

[ooc: Welcome to Helovia, Bree! :D You're writing is lovely!]

Messages In This Thread
somehow I doubt I'll ever find a home [open] - by Nefertari - 10-23-2012, 03:33 PM
RE: somehow I doubt I'll ever find a home [open] - by Leander - 10-23-2012, 05:33 PM
RE: somehow I doubt I'll ever find a home [open] - by Nefertari - 10-23-2012, 05:45 PM
RE: somehow I doubt I'll ever find a home [open] - by Nefertari - 10-23-2012, 06:52 PM
RE: somehow I doubt I'll ever find a home [open] - by Amenhotep - 10-25-2012, 12:31 PM
RE: somehow I doubt I'll ever find a home [open] - by Nefertari - 10-28-2012, 01:02 PM