the Rift

somehow I doubt I'll ever find a home [open]

Leander the LionHeart Posts: 184
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 8
Epona
L E A N D E R

Honey pools gleamed as the filly went on to respond. Though she was still quite young, her mind was sharp and her speech was strong. Whoever the little one's parents were, they must have done a fine job of raising her before they disappeared from her life. His gaze was brought to the healthy, white wings that sprouted from the foal's back. Ah, so there was at least one thing that she had not been shown. "Those things can actually be quite useful, once you get the hang of flying. My wings have saved my own life many a time. I could teach you how to use yours, if you like." He spoke, looking down at the young one with a playful grin. He wasn't fond of the way she talked about her own lovely wings, but if she hadn't learned to use them yet, then it was understandable.

The petite snowy form moved closer to him at the entrance of the equine stallion. He was surprised how quickly the innocent girl could trust him to her safety, even when she had only just got his name. There were many who could lie and manipulate, even he had that capability, but Leander's voice of honesty tended to ring genuine, no matter how suspicious the listener. Suddenly, his warm gaze fell back to the child as she began to stumble over words of joining the Throat. Ivory rimmed orbs widened as she asked for him to be her new guardian. For a moment, he hesitated, wondering how difficult it would be to be responsible for a foal. He had no experience as a father, though he knew that keeping her safe was something he could do. Before the sandy stag could answer, another young Pegasus came into their midst.

He was pure white, much taller than Nefertari, but obviously similar and clearly still young. The two foals began to converse, and soon, he realized why the two looked so close. Again, the little blue-eyed fawn spoke to him, another question hanging in the cold air. "You are both welcome in the Throat, Nefertari. And if it is really what you wish, I will take care of you both the best I can." The smile still lingered on his lips, though questions still fled his thoughts. With eyes directed at the silvery equine and his dragon, Leander went on. "It was good to see a Qian friend, stranger. Please give my best regards to your herd. And do keep your borders protected and your members wary, for I do not think we have seen the last of Mauja's group." His last words were pointed, not specific, but clear in their message of warning. The Qian had fought hard for their home, and they would likely have to fight even harder to keep it.
"We must be off now, children. The walk to the Throat is much longer on foot then by sky, especially in the snow. With that, the golden buck began the arduous walk home.

[Leander is out now ^^]

Messages In This Thread
somehow I doubt I'll ever find a home [open] - by Nefertari - 10-23-2012, 03:33 PM
RE: somehow I doubt I'll ever find a home [open] - by Nefertari - 10-23-2012, 05:45 PM
RE: somehow I doubt I'll ever find a home [open] - by Nefertari - 10-23-2012, 06:52 PM
RE: somehow I doubt I'll ever find a home [open] - by Amenhotep - 10-25-2012, 12:31 PM
RE: somehow I doubt I'll ever find a home [open] - by Leander - 10-28-2012, 06:26 AM
RE: somehow I doubt I'll ever find a home [open] - by Nefertari - 10-28-2012, 01:02 PM