the Rift

[OPEN] Dear Summer,

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers
Roskuld & Zchiraxicon
Where there's no Law tying my heart from the start..

Your Pa? he repeated, and I found myself holding my breath for a second. I didn’t know why, don’t ask, but there was just always this...this thing about people knowing who I was. About who my Pa was, about what ran through my blood. I dunno man, I didn’t want them to look at me like I was something special; like I was a big deal or some shit. If someone’s eye was gonna fall on me, I wanted to earn was was in it.

He backed up off of me, turning the tide of the conversation away from the focus of Pa. I didn’t realize how relieved I’d be by that, that I could keep that bit a secret from him just a little bit longer. Was that wrong of me? Didn’t he deserve to know who he was housing in his herd? But then, like, what would it matter anyway if he knew who I was. What would it change? And I guess what scared me is that it might change something anyway, I dunno, I didn’t specialize with the future. That was Pa’s job.

My job was to shoot lightning ‘n shit at people and wield the sword he had lost to a glacier, and right now, that’s what Tembovu was asking about. Did your pa teach you to wield it? I cocked my brow, shrugging my shoulders just a bit. “Nah, life did that for me,” I said wryly, “But it’s...been a while since the last catastrophe, so. I’m a little out of practice.” It was true; the Rifts were closed, those gods were dead, and I didn’t have the heart to try this thing out on real mortal flesh. It didn’t seem right. Like, overkill or whatever.

Which is why it shocked me when I saw Tembovu square up and his intention couldn’t have been clearer. My reaction was immediate; my blood surged hotly, every nerve ready for the fightand the throwing of hooves ‘n shit and everything that came with it. But I hesitated still, because I had the feeling he wanted me to use Sparkmarrow, too. I reached forward, grasping, the hilti in the groove in-between my teeth, pulling it easily from the earth. I gave him a look. “Y’shure ‘bout thish?” I asked from around the sword lodged in my mouth.

image credits

@Tembovu SPAR ME :D

Please tag ROSKULD in every reply!

Messages In This Thread
Dear Summer, - by Roskuld - 08-27-2016, 11:57 AM
RE: Dear Summer, - by Tembovu - 08-31-2016, 12:03 AM
RE: Dear Summer, - by Roskuld - 08-31-2016, 04:32 PM
RE: Dear Summer, - by Tembovu - 09-03-2016, 08:55 PM
RE: Dear Summer, - by Roskuld - 09-25-2016, 07:02 PM
RE: Dear Summer, - by Tembovu - 10-05-2016, 06:39 PM
RE: Dear Summer, - by Roskuld - 10-10-2016, 09:36 PM