the Rift

[OPEN] i've been searching

Aelfwine Posts: 101
Dragon's Throat Warrior atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Vanya :: Common Cerndyr :: Lamplight Skylark

Aelfwine

There was a slight crack, barely audible against the wind and sounds of nature. They rushed to and fro, little sounds of birds chirping and animals whirring around among the lush undergrowth that thrived in the shade that the trees provided here. Aelfwine paid the sound no attention, not unless it had been grabbing. But for a moment, her ear flickered, uncertain if the doe had even heard something in the first place. Instead, she continued her inspection of the spiderwebbed glass, emerald orbs dancing from crack to crack for perhaps an idea of where this place was. She touched her compass briefly, the little one that hung around her neck as a way of possibly learning where perhaps the thing she wanted most would be located. If only it still worked. After her and Tilney’s mother had blessed their belongings, Tilney’s lantern had lit up when he couldn’t see at night, and when the dappled mare got lost in the woods and all she wanted was the warm embrace of her brother and family, the compass pointed her there. It had failed to work here, but she continued to touch it as if it were a nervous tick, something that she needed silently to remind herself that she would be okay here – and perhaps maybe one day, the thing would work again.

She stepped back for a moment, ready to lift her head before a soft “hello?” filled the air. Her head lifted up, tall against her already tall height as her ears swooped forward and emerald gaze sought out the sound. It sounded small, fragile even. Aelfwine carefully stepped closer to the glass wall, craning and arching her neck to lift her pale heavy skull over the glass fragments that reached upwards as spikes toward the sky. And then, she saw the filly. Her emerald gaze sweeping over the tiny child for a mere moment in silence as she blatantly stared at the child in curiosity. There was something that just seemed far too familiar to her. Something that seemed off and exciting and even enchanting. Or maybe, Aelfwine had been thinking about it too much and she just felt a connection with the child for the simplistic soft green gaze and the promise of horns budding across her brow. She didn’t have a lot of time for questions, though, so instead she focused entirely on where she was. “Hello.” She began, eyes seeking out the filly’s. “Is this the World’s Edge?” She questioned, an honest idea that perhaps if this wasn’t the right area she’d have more time to seek out the correct land. She didn’t dwell on questions or names, all she wanted to know off the bat was whether or not the land she had found herself in was the one that really mattered.

Roses hang like paintings of you
Oh, How beautiful you are

Pattern Credits || Pattern Credits || Image Credits

@Maude :DDDD

Messages In This Thread
i've been searching - by Aelfwine - 08-27-2016, 09:11 PM
RE: i've been searching - by Maude - 08-29-2016, 08:29 AM
RE: i've been searching - by Aelfwine - 08-29-2016, 09:56 PM
RE: i've been searching - by Maude - 08-30-2016, 08:42 AM
RE: i've been searching - by Aelfwine - 08-30-2016, 10:28 PM
RE: i've been searching - by Maude - 09-02-2016, 08:51 AM
RE: i've been searching - by Tilney - 09-03-2016, 09:41 PM