the Rift

[PRIVATE] In the light of day

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan
My thoughts are the cold kind,
I've got storm clouds brewing behind my eyes

The filly grinned happily at the surprised look on the King's face as she landed. Tucking the wide wings securely to her sides she struggled a bit to keep pace with his long strides, her hobbling gait somewhat painful to behold yet efficient enough; it was amazing how quickly one adapted to disabilities, the body learned so fast how it ought to behave to create the least amount of discomfort.

"I still mess up the landings more often than not" she laughed in reply. "It's a wonderful feeling though, flying. I have no idea how I got by before I learned to use these", she indicated the feathered appendages, "and I sure hope I'll never have to find out."

Looking up at her big friend Erthë expected to see him return her smile with the old  familiar warmth radiating from those blue eyes of his. Instead, the look on his face and the tired, almost old tone of the voice made her own grin fade. Concern bubbled up amidst the surprise she felt upon hearing his answer - children? He had more, and why were they in the Basin of all places - and without pausing to consider whether it was welcome or wanted, she reached out to press a cold nose against Tembovu's broad shoulder.

"What's wrong?" Erthë asked softly, trying but failing to keep the worry from reaching her voice. "Did something happen - were your kids alright?"

It was unsettling to see the man so downcast. Normally she knew this stallion to smile and keep his head high even when things weighed on his mind, thought of him as someone able to shrug off the things that couldn't be dealt with immediately. To see him with eyes downcast and so obviously tired shook the foundations of her whole world - somewhat dramatically phrased perhaps, but that's how it felt - and the girl struggled with herself to keep her head cool. If she wanted to help him she would have to stay calm, be supportive, adapt the same quiet air of competence that Alune possessed - the kind that loosened the bond on tongues and set others at ease without even trying.

It didn't even occur to her that there might not be anything for her to help him with. Tembovu was one of the founding forces in her life, one of the big rocks upon which she based her whole existence. He had to be there, strong and happy and confident, because who else could she rely upon to keep the world spinning? Thus, she had to fix whatever it was that caused this unusual cloud in her otherwise clear sky.  

There was just no way that this did not concern her.

Erthë
And my heart will be blacker than your eyes
when I'm through with you
image | coding

@Tembovu

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Messages In This Thread
In the light of day - by Erthë - 08-28-2016, 08:05 AM
RE: In the light of day - by Tembovu - 09-03-2016, 09:57 PM
RE: In the light of day - by Erthë - 09-13-2016, 06:07 AM
RE: In the light of day - by Tembovu - 09-26-2016, 10:29 AM