the Rift

[PRIVATE] In the light of day

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan
My thoughts are the cold kind,
I've got storm clouds brewing behind my eyes

Unfortunately, there are things in this world that even strong willed little girls can fix. Relationship troubles were one of them. She had imagined much when the King sighed, but for it to be love related was not one of them. The simple fact that Tembovu had kids was still a mystery to her, and to hear of yet another set in the Basin... It was inconceivable. Why were they in the Basin instead of the Edge, how come Elsa wasn't the mother of his second pair (surely that couldn't be, because then the offspring would add to the number of cavorting brats that wrought havoc upon the forest) and who even was so stupid that they didn't stick to their mate, forcing them to run back and forth between herds like that?

Erthë, who had been raised by two parents that moved more or less in the same direction at the same time, had no grasp on things like polygamy. In her mind a family was a group of people that lived in the same place, and those that didn't stick around weren't worthy of the name. Her own father, gone more often than he was present, teetered on the brink of betrayal in her mind, his absence like a loose tooth in her mouth; too rooted still to let go of, yet impossible to retrieve to its rightful place. Too much time had passed - at times she felt as though he too had died, as though she was another orphan drifting around the periphery of the home known as World's Edge.

She was quiet for a long time as she mulled this over, but though she didn't say anything Erthë moved herself closer to the mammoth, pressing her cold body towards his side in a mute display of solidarity. 'I know the feeling' it seemed to say, 'my dad's gone a lot too'. But without words, perhaps it was too difficult a message to convey. Many things got lost in translation between souls, additional meanings added where none had existed before.

"I was going to the Falls, to check on my friends after all those fires" Erthë said eventually, quiet and subdued in the face of her friends troubled demeanor, "but I think I'll go home instead. They're probably fine anyway..." But there's a friend here that needs me more.

She glanced up at Tembovu, tried to catch his eye and offered him a little smile. "What was it like in the Basin? I haven't been there since I was a kid, and it was always snowing then. Do they get flowers in the summer too?"

Erthë
And my heart will be blacker than your eyes
when I'm through with you
image | coding

@Tembovu

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Messages In This Thread
In the light of day - by Erthë - 08-28-2016, 08:05 AM
RE: In the light of day - by Tembovu - 09-03-2016, 09:57 PM
RE: In the light of day - by Erthë - 09-13-2016, 06:07 AM
RE: In the light of day - by Tembovu - 09-26-2016, 10:29 AM