the Rift

[PRIVATE] [any god] different strokes

Kiuaji Posts: 40
Absent Abyss atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 9 HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Matanye :: African Crowned Eagle :: None Nova
Things went south very quickly, what he had assumed would be a pleasant exchange at the veins, turned out to be the complete opposite. He had never been particularly wording things well, combined with his usual tone — it could easily be taken one way when he had meant the complete opposite.

The God begins to speak — no snarl at the Dorobian — and Kiuaji's brows raise as the collected composure of his exterior began to fracture. The Short stallion took his words a way he hadn't meant to drive the conversation. At first, his lips open to give a response, though before the words formed on his tongue he rammed his mouth shut again. The last thing he wants is his beloved bonded, for all the annoyance she causes him and all the love she makes him feel, to be damaged as well.

The brain to mouth filter is flicked on and the gears long unused suddenly whirred to life.

Well, he gets fried. The bolt is enough to elicit a sharp rasp from the Poisoner and his bonded takes to the skies with a startled shriek. Shriek she does, deafening cries as she realizes her Bonded is in danger, her feathers scattered on the stormy breeze. His ears fall back against his poll, the assault from his eagle's frayed emotions are enough to break away more of the veil he had worked so tirelessly to weave all these years. The sensation is indescribable, as though parts of him suddenly disappeared into nothingness, and he has to take a moment to look, with gritted teeth and jarred movements to see if they're still there. What he see's is dismal, but not expected from the pain currently surging around his body. The acrid, foul smell of his coat burning as angry welts appear in small jagged lines across his haunches and shoulders. He knows that if he takes a step, his legs might not hold him as the numbness shifted and slithered to one body part to another.

The God yelled once once more, but his attention is dragged instead to the white fae which descended from the sky in front of him — right into the jaws of the Gods assault. There are few things in life Kiuaji would throw himself before in order to protect, so few, precious and delicate, which he wraps beneath layers upon layers. He has never counted on anybody before to leap into the fires for him, in fact, he would ban the thought. He can only watch, dumbfounded and in pain as the white filly faced up to the stout, angered god who seemed leagues bigger than he actually was a few moments ago.

"Erthë." It's forced out between his teeth, Matanye's shrieks are still echoing, a throb of panic and anguish which needles like the pain he's currently experiencing. Help me, the eagle's calls die in the next moment, as she circles through the storm and looks at her bonded. Help me get in front of her, guide me. His legs are numb, and he's surprised he's managed to stay standing for as long as he had. Slowly, with Matanye acting as his eyes from above, and her croon in his ears, he wobbled and dragged his faltering limbs to stand in front of the white filly. Just in time, it seemed, for his back legs crumbled and he's forced into an awkward sit.

"I'm afraid I made a mistake." He murmured toward her, before he directed his attention to the God currently making him pay for his poor word choice. "I was rather idiotic," White lined lips are drawn into a grimance, mostly out of pain and the sudden divert the day has taken. "It's just rather awkward to admit that you'd like to experience life as a mare for awhile, rather than just look the part." A breath is exhaled afterward, teeth gritted as he forced himself lax and his walls to dissapate for a moment. Weren't you supposed to be honest with gods? or had he not heard that old soothsayer right, or was it that pretty priest from up...bah, who cared who had said what. What mattered was that he hit the rewind button and tried again, and did it right. "I thought it would be easier to dress it up as wanting to have an itch scratched." Somewhere, he can hear Matanye croon again, that he's taken a tentative step out of his comfort zone, probably by the only thing that could get him to budge, but it's a step in the right direction she would take either way.

Kiuaji

image | coding
[Image: kiuajipixel_by_abbie1234_d9nzm2x_by_drea...9nzm7u.png]

"let me shatter your frame of mind, my dear"

force & magic permitted on Kiuaji at all times
with the exception of maiming and death.

Messages In This Thread
[any god] different strokes - by Kiuaji - 08-28-2016, 04:21 PM
RE: [any god] different strokes - by Kiuaji - 08-29-2016, 02:41 PM
RE: [any god] different strokes - by Kiuaji - 08-30-2016, 12:52 PM
RE: [any god] different strokes - by Erthë - 08-30-2016, 11:33 PM
RE: [any god] different strokes - by Kiuaji - 09-20-2016, 11:13 PM