the Rift

[OPEN] Ambitions

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

ISOPIA
Consider your origin. You were not formed to live like brutes but to follow virtue and knowledge.
Isopia walked lazily through the Falls. The sun was hot, and even when she was in her much smaller raven-body, it was almost as if she could feel the rays beating down on her just as completely as when she was in her own skin. It was likely a trick of the magic, and so if she had to endure the heat, she might as well do it in her own body. Most of the Falls knew who she was in raven or equine form, and so her magic did not serve her as a disguise here.

Walking along, the demigoddess stayed close to the shadows afforded by the trees, taking gentle comfort in the temporary respite from the sun. She didn't linger however, staying still for too long made the girl anxious.

At her flank, Hubris, the bronze dragon, glided happily, investigating the trees, the leaves, and anything else he might come across. His mind was just as interested and curious in the world as Isopia's was, but he was much more forthcoming and open about it. His jaws open as he snapped at a bug that happened to fly passed him, causing Isopia's quad-horned skull to turn and look at him. Her face was a neutral mask, though her golden eyes seemed slightly amused by his antics.

As she moved, despite the fact that she was quite large, the grass beneath her hooves sprung back up as if it had never been trampled. It was the magic of the shoes that she wore - shoes that prevented any damage to the earthen life beneath her.

@Syrena

Isopia has her own crafting magic, and used to have RM as a crafter here too - so they can chat about that as well if Syrena wants to be a crafter!

Image Credits

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Syrena Posts: 207
Dragon's Throat Forger
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 hh :: 7 years
Thelxiepeia :: Royal Rougarou :: Water Kyra
Syrena
let the water take me
Syrena might be the only one in this herd that wouldn’t have a damn clue that Isopia could turn into a raven. Though she probably should know. After all, she called this place home long enough, but she wasn’t even entirely sure that Isopia had been here then (probably had been, Syrena just didn’t pay any attention to these things). Back then, she’d tried her had at being a Slueth, but really, that was never going to work out. She won’t touch anyone. She’s hardly about to knock another horse out and steal things from them, or steal them. So instead, she did nothing, if she’s being really honest.

That time just shouldn’t count. She’d come here still thinking she was siren, and this was the place where all that was ripped away from her (well, when she discovered it, anyway). Sometimes she wonders why she’s back, but then again, she’s got nowhere better to go.

So here she is, wandering the Hidden Falls with no plan today either. At least she had an idea of what she might want to do. Crafting pretty much sucked, but it kept her busy and her mind occupied, and so for that, she didn’t hate it. And at least she could see the result, could be damn well certain all the sweat and sore muscle from building a freaking roof paid off. Still, she couldn’t bring herself to commit. Not that she’s ever committed to anything. Hell, she’s never even lived in one place all that long.

The golden dragon catches her eye before the horse beside it. Not that she really could have missed the horse either, with all her chains and the cape and everything in between. She watches for a moment, waiting for that familiar pang of jealousy to pass. She wanted to be something special and amazing again. Not gray gray gray. Not only awe inspiring when she sat in the pools, the warm water turning her pink and purple.

She wanted everything she lost. All the things she would never have. And it was nearly impossible to bring herself to find new things to want.

Deciding that being anti-social isn’t going to get her anywhere in this life, she turns her course and makes her way over to the other mare, nickering slightly in greeting because she’s pretty sure that’s polite. “Hello,” she offers, her customary deadpan greeting. Her voice is lovely though (ah, remnants of her true self), even without much emotion. “Syrena.” Cause names are polite too, right? Probably. She still remembers the rather pointed scolding from the King of the Edge. Not that she cared, he hardly earned her name, but still. She’s trying.

"words"

ooo :: oh, that's perfect! she will bring it up once she decides she knows how to hold a real conversation....

darya87 | larfsalot
on deviantart

@Isopia

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Reli

Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

ISOPIA
Consider your origin. You were not formed to live like brutes but to follow virtue and knowledge.

As is the norm between the two, Hubris hears and sees Syrena first. He is alerted by her movements on the soft underbrush and immediately spun back to see who it was who might cross their path. Unlike his bonded, Hubris was not averse to strangers, and normally welcomed them heartily. The old one with the whiskery nose had been a stranger at one point, and both Hubris and Isopia had become fond of him (well, tolerant in Isopia’s case, but that was almost like fondness for her). The dragonling had tried to reinforce the larger message, that if one meeting had turned out pleasantly, perhaps more would, if only she would give them a chance.

She hadn’t but her stubbornness had never deterred the bronzey creature.

Hubris trilled a bright hello as he glided on glistening wings marked with splotches of brown. Isopia’s large golden eyes followed the movements of the reptile, and soon her massive body was facing the smaller mare.

Those large golden eyes blinked slowly as the mare offered a hello. Isopia knew that she was supposed to say hello back, but what was the point? It didn’t convey any information, it was a useless custom. The mare had alerted the girl to her presence with her greeting, was that not enough?

Syrena.

Again came that slow blink; Isopia’s long lashes fluttered as they dove towards her cheek bone and then rose once again. So? the girl felt like shouting. I didn’t ask your name, so don’t think that your offering binds me to some sort of response. Either the stonish-coloured mare was part of the Hidden Falls or she wasn’t. If she was, then likely she knew who Isopia was (oh, this wasn’t arrogance speaking, not really. But she was the child of the God, held a high ranking position within the herd, and was pretty damn unique looking.), and if she wasn’t, then she probably had some sort of purpose being here. One that likely did not include introductions.

And so, in typical Isopia fashion, the giant-girl stood there with a neutral expression, peering down at the mare. In her mind Hubris chastised her grumpily, and trilled again as if apologizing for her rudeness. Still, Isopia did nothing but stare.

[OMG ISO IS THE WORST. Sorry x.x]

Image Credits

Dragon's Throat Forger
Syrena
let the water take me
The seal-gray mare is greeted only by the trill of the bronze dragon, and she manages a nod toward the creature. Manners and all that. It’s not like she didn’t know them (she used to live on her sheer ability to lure men, after all), though she simply wasn’t the best about using them. It takes conscious thought and effort on her part, which is sometimes simply too much work. But this mare…well. Maybe she knows manners. Maybe she doesn’t.

The mare does turn to face Syrena, and it’s unusual for the siren to feel so damn short. Not that she’s particularly large, but she’s not particularly small either. It’s pretty rare that someone, and particularly a female, towers quite so damn high above her. Honestly, it’s a little unsettling, not that Syrena lets this show on her impassive face. Sometimes her general lack of emotion is a blessing. Probably also because she’s not that annoyed when the mare just stares. Except for the occasional, slow, and deliberate blink. Okay, that part is annoying.

“Alright, so no pleasantries,” she says in that deadpan voice. If someone were watching this conversation, it’s probably hilarious from the outside. But Syrena seems unperturbed by the giant mare’s silence. If she gets to play blunt and just go for it, all the damn better. She wasn’t much for pleasantries, after all, but so many insisted on them that she keeps dusting them off and throwing them to the wind.

She takes a moment, trying to think what she knows of the residents around here. Which, really, is a shocking lack given that she’s lived here twice, but she’s pretending the first time didn’t happen. But if she had to hazard a guess, there’s only one mare that comes to mind. “I’m new, so forgive me,” it’s rather clear she doesn’t actually mean that, but she says it anyway, “but names aren’t my best skill right now. Though let me guess. Isopia? And if so, I was hoping to talk to you about your job here. Cause it turns out I need to pick one, and I can’t decide between yours and crafting. So I wanted to ask what you do and what sort of help, if any, you’d want.”

There. That seemed like more than enough information. Like really, too much, actually. But hopefully somewhere in there she’d warranted a response. Even if that response was “No, dumbass, I’m not Isopia but you can find her over there.” Or whatever. Syrena barely saw a soul around this place (semi-her fault), so she’d take whatever she could get in way of information.

"words"

darya87 | larfsalot
on deviantart

@Isopia - Hahaha, I find this hilarious, actually.

Please tag in all posts
Image by Reli

ISOPIA

The girl can't tell whether or not the siren's first sentence is an observation or a declaration, and so, unsurprisingly, Isopia merely remains silent. Regardless of which the demi-goddess agrees - pleasantries are pointless, not pleasant.

Isopia controls her annoyance with the same smooth skill that Syrena uses. Despite the fact that Isopia's instincts tell her to pin her ears and snarl slightly at the sound of her own name, she does not. Mentally however, she casts another arrow into the fractured relationship she endures with her Father. He is the one who had broadcast her name for everyone to hear - and for those who weren't around to hear it? Well. Grapevines apparently produce more than just grapes around Helovia.

With an expression of neutrality Isopia listened to the remainder of what the mare had to say.

"They call me the Mountain that Knows." Isopia corrected, her amber eyes appearing to narrow despite the fact that she merely continued to slow-blink towards the siren. Her academic tone didn't falter as she continued, but some of the annoyance seemed to disappear from her gaze. "I don't need help. If you know my name, then you know the God of the Earth is my Father. " She said factually. "What help could I need in speaking with my parent?" Actually, if Isopia could pawn off her responsibilities on someone else, she likely would. However there was no one else she trusted to actually do her job well, and so, her lack of trust in her own herd kept her rooted in place.

However..

"I have had crafting magic from this herd though. The crafter's work on useless projects that are not worth the time or resources which are poured into them." She thought of the cells, the garden .. what was the point of it all? Did food not grow in abundance here? And when it didn't, weren't there those with the ability to simply make things grow? And the cells? When was the last time the Hidden Falls had need of such things? The last herd who lived here also worked on cells, but they had been run out by the inhabitants of the Edge. And since then? Literally nothing had happened.

Cells. Ha.

"Since you appear to be looking for advice, despite the fact that I do not need assistance with my duties, at least if you belong to my ranks you will not be burdened by useless tasks."

#whatabitch

Image Credits

@Syrena

Dragon's Throat Forger
Syrena
let the water take me
It takes all of her self-control not to walk away. This is why she was nomadic. This is why the herd life thing never seemed to work out for her. But what choice did she have, anymore? Her powers were gone, she was no longer immortal. This was her life. Tiny and small and insignificant. Stuck talking to spoiled children and groveling at their damn feet because they just so happened to be the path forward.

Was she making even remotely the right decision?

Probably not. But she was making it anyway. There were outcast group, certainly, but what could she offer them and more importantly, what could they offer her? Not as much as the Falls could.

So she bites the remarks that comes to her mouth. Something snotty about wanting to be called a mountain instead of what (Syrena rather grudgingly admits) is a rather pretty name. “Apologies, Mountain that Knows” she says, her voice deadpan like always, making it rather hard to tell if she means it. She doesn’t, but at least most horses are left wondering at the lack of inflection in her voice.

She listens, letting the mare talk. Isopia goes on to talk about crafting as well. Her feelings on that are rather clear. Not that Syrena will blindly just take this stranger’s word. But in the same vein, she does kind of agree. She lived here once, and couldn’t even tell you what this herd had. Which might say more about her than it does about the structures that have been crafted, but still. The other thing is that, she suspects, her and Isopia aren’t so very different. That is pretty much the root of all the issues in this conversation. They both probably want to bite each other’s heads off.

They may not be able to work together. Syrena might very well be a crafter because she’s got no other damn choice. Or maybe, they’ll work together great. Stay the hell out of each other’s way unless absolutely necessary to do otherwise. There was no in between.

“To be fair, I said want, not need. I doubt you need help, but that doesn’t mean you might not want it. Now, if you don’t want help, I’ll go waste my time making useless buildings. I know they want help. But if you have things you’d want me to do, I’d be interested.” She’s basically a willing slave, sitting in the bottom of the ranks with no one to listen to but a Mountain of a mare.

Gods, this is going to be horrible. But it’s something, and that’s better than the nothing she’s been wallowing in for far too long.

"words"

darya87 | larfsalot
on deviantart

@Isopia it makes me laugh

Please tag in all posts
Image by Reli

ISOPIA

Isopia knew she ought to more carefully regulate the amount of time her face went slack and she did nothing but slow blink while another spoke to her, but really, was it worth the effort? She didn't think so. For a while in her life she thought that it might better suit her motives to learn to blend in more - to say and do the things she was meant to the way that the 'rest' of Helovia would say and do them - but she found that ultimately faking it accomplished nothing more in the end.

Isopia sighed half way through what Syrena was saying, and shook her quad horned skull. As much as she liked to banter and correct the linguistic incompetencies of others, it was pointless. If this mare couldn't understand the important difference between need and want - how it was ridiculous to suggest that Isopia could want something that she didn't need - then Isopia's academic lectures would likely not correct it for her. And so, Iso didn't feel the need to listen any further.

"If you're fine with wasting your time on fruitless projects, you'll fit it well here." She began with a clearly forced smile on her face. "I don't need or want assistance from someone so compliant with inefficient use of resources." The Mountain concluded, her golden eyes slow blinking once again.

Turning to leave, Iso mentally rolled her eyes in Hubris direction in response to his clearly embarrassed mentally stream of ????????????????? sent in her direction. The dragon trilled an apologetic sound towards Syrena, before leaping into the air after Isopia, chattering at her receding form.

LOL sry.

Image Credits

@Syrena